A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

CJ / Nearox - since you've settled on BFT as part of the REGS pack, I'm wondering if that means it's not possible to use Touring Carriages if not using BFT.

I know that wasite states FAtT IV causes problems for TC at the South Dragonbridge, but is there anything else that will screw things up.

Since TC can supposedly be "safely" uninstalled, my plan is to disable Populated Lands Roads Paths while I experience all of the different dialog / monologue that TC brings, and then I may likely uninstall TC, and activate PLRP and BFT.

Your updates seem to be getting more frequent now - I almost can't keep up with it!  ::P:

Version 3.2.2:

• Added Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships - Overhauled by Dj20 and Sp0rk.
  • Added a patch for Better Fast Travel + Moon and Star.
  • Added a replacer esp to fix the navmesh issues with Raven Rock Expanded.
  • Updated the Better Fast Travel patch in the ETaC Replacer to fix a wild edit to a wall in Ivarstead.

All this time, I had used BFT and ran past that weird out of place wall! :)

So, if I install BFT again, do I use the esp

I'll read the guide :p

OK, I'm missing Dawn of Windhelm...that's usually in the REGs Cities I thought?

I just copied over the previous REGs ESP.

I admit, I'm happy to have BFT Carriages back! Thank you  CJ!

All's right with the world! :)

Edited by Kuldebar

2 quick remarks

1) Not sure what's the cause (need to investigate further but not much time at the mo) but thought I'd mention that my game crashes when I try to save after entering the Windhelm lighthouse cell

2) In the guide, the Better Fast Travel hyperlink directs to Drinking fountains instead.

Did you try the REGS - SRLE conflcit resolution guide?

The only thing I didn't update yet is to remove the records of Aurora Village and to include Moon and Stars. They're pretty simple to fix though as Moon and Stars only conflicts with Realistic Water Two and you jsut need to forward th XCWT record. I'll add it to the conflict guide tomorrow.

Hi Nearox,

Yes, I have been using the REGS-SRLE guide but I have spotted some other conflicts not advised in the guide. Ofc, you guys have a note that it is not finished; so that might be it.

My "slight nightmare" is not with patching REGS with SR-LE...it is with some other mods that I have on top + I do not intend to install everything from REGS (primarily due to number of ESPs).

I am installing one by one the mods I would like to have from REGS and then for each one that I am installing, I am counter-checking it in TES5Edit for any conflicts.

For example...last night I installed Dawn of Riften...realized that BOSS did not have it in its masterlist...and as per CJ advice I sorted it before Nightingale. But when i loaded up TES5Edit I saw that there is a conflict with Clothing & Clutter Fixes and quite a few with Wet & Cold - Holidays. These are not described in the guide. Does that mean that they are not needed (IMHO I think that they are) or that I must go on installing all the mods from REGS and then look for conflicts? (unlikely in the case of W&C-Holidays as I do not think there will be any other esp coming later in teh load order that will fix the conflicts with DoR).

That's why I asked for your opinion to see which way should I proceed!

Thanks again for your time and assistance!  ::):

CJ / Nearox - since you've settled on BFT as part of the REGS pack, I'm wondering if that means it's not possible to use Touring Carriages if not using BFT.

You can try to use TC, however I've stopped checking new mods (since I've included all those quest mods as a matter of fact) for TC compatibility because it literally takes hours to test them (let alone the hassle of making the navmeshes TC-friendly), for a mod that I consider immersion breaking.

Your updates seem to be getting more frequent now - I almost can't keep up with it! ::P:

Eh that was just due to me deciding to put most of the mods that I listed in my original post here before I even started working on the pack. But since the list is almost empty now, updates will definitely slow down and will be just to add the occasional hidden gem/new mod and updating compatibility patches if needed ::):

All this time, I had used BFT and ran past that weird out of place wall! :)

And you could have gotten rid of it ages ago if you reported it back then ::P:

OK, I'm missing Dawn of Windhelm...that's usually in the REGs Cities I thought?

Nope, the replacers are in the REGS - patches, REGS - Cities only has... well cities.

1) Not sure what's the cause (need to investigate further but not much time at the mo) but thought I'd mention that my game crashes when I try to save after entering the Windhelm lighthouse cell

I was unable to reproduce this. I suppose it can happen with the original mod since that one had a deleted navmesh, but the version merged in REGS - Cities.esp was fixed D:

2) In the guide, the Better Fast Travel hyperlink directs to Drinking fountains instead.

Thanks, fixing that.
  • +1 1

Patches should go after both masters, in this case after 3DNPC. I'll add that to the guide since it seems I forgot to copy it with the latest major update D:

On a separate note: Inns & Taverns got updated to 1.9 so make sure to update that (and leave an endorsement while you're on the page)

Some inconsistency in the guide.On compatibility sectionIs ELFX Exteriors suppose to be ELFX enhancer?

There's no inconsistency, we do in fact mean ELFX Exteriors.The Enhancer works with REGS.There's 3 parts in ELFX:- Main module (Enhanced Lights and FX.esp, or something like that): redoes interior light sources. ==> Compatible with REGS if you use the required patches for mods such as College of Winterhold.- ELFX-Enhancer : Changes the imagespace of interiors to make them darker. ==> Compatible with everything in REGS.- ELFX-Exteriors : Adds light sources in exteriors. ==> Incompatible with a lot of landscape/city/quest mods, which is why we use Lanterns of Skyrim instead.EDIT: Also, for those interested in using Sky Haven Temple instead of the Sky Haven Temple - Merchants & More, I have updated the instructions on how to get that mod working with the paarthunax dilemna and follower mods. This is for advanced users only, no support will be given for people using this. Edited by CJ2311
  • +1 1