A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

I just installed the newest version and it says I'm missing REGS - Resources.esm and REGS - Cities.esp

Not sure what I'm missing.. I installed both REGS - Patches and REGS - ETaC Replacer

I don't see those two files in either of the archives either.. are they not needed anymore? 

REGS - Cities in up in the Foundation section of the guide - so there's now three downloads that are only linked from the guide (as opposed to Nexus or the Steam Workshop.)

Just one thing I noticed - it seems that the userlist.txt text on dropbox still needs to be updated. I see the 3DNPC.eps override and the RWT rules are still listed there.

Ah yes, thanks. I forgot to update the userlist.txt. I've removed it for now.

Hello guys,

Quite a pack you have built here! Congrats to CJ and Nearox!

I am following SR:LE with quite a few mods of my own choice, doing the appropriate patching , etc etc. Level 43 and no problem whatsoever (well..apart from a naked OBIS female bandit I encountered once but..I take that as a pleasant surprise rather than a conflict!!  ::D: ).

Looking through your guide I am thinking of adding some of its mods to my current game. One of them is "Inns & Taverns". I had a peek in TES5Edit to see how it goes along my mod list and I need your input/clarification on the following:

What is your "policy" in general when it comes to conflicting navmeshes from USKP? Are you forwarding them?

For example; I came across this one in said mod:

Taverns.esp Worldspace 0000003C <Tamriel> Block 1, -1 Sub-Block 4, -3 0000BCDA <HeartwoodMillExterior> Temporary 000DB482 conflicts with Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp.

The idea is to forward all the navmeshes that USKP has altered in comparison to Vanilla (Skyrim.esm) by using the record from Taverns.esp (preserving the ones that Taverns.esp is altering) or just don't patch anything? I tend to go for the first option but I would appreciate it if i can have your input.

Thanks for all the effort you have put into this guide guys!  ::):

Edited by Astakos

Great to see you using REGS :)

All the navmeshes of all the mods in the guide are checked and made compatible and/or fixed when needed. As you can read from the guide, it is fully compatible with SRLE and thus with the USKPs. Do not touch any navmeshes in tes5edit or there will be a significant probability that your game will have issues. CJ2311 has done the navmeshes in the CK, they cannot be fixed or forwarded properly via tes5edit.

You should know that any mod that adds a new exterior environment tends to require a new or modified navmesh for that area. Therefore it is generally intentional that they overwrite vanilla and USKP navmeshes. We checked all the locations of Inns and Taverns and there are no navmesh issues with it :)

Edited by Nearox

Thanks Nearox and CJ for your replies.I thought that since USKP is correcting Vanilla records that should be the same for navmeshes.

But now that you are saying so, i agree with both of u. No matter if USKP corrects specific navmeshes or not; if a mod is based on Vanilla navmeshing then perhaps I might break something if I alter them. CK must be your "close friend" in order to properly determine this.

@CJ: Undeath + Moon Star?? Do they conflict each other?

Yeah they conflict in one cell navmesh-wise, and 2 cells landscape-wise. Can be fixed in mere minutes, nothing CTD-inducing but NPCs would be messed up.

I think I'm going to go for Undeath + Moon and Star, because 2 quests mods represent more content than a village, plus Aurora Village and the village added by Moon and Star don't really have compatible background stories... Quite the opposite in fact. (Nords and Dunmer don't like each other much)

EDIT: Nevermind, undeath does way too many changes to vanilla stuff and it does it in such a manner that it will actually conflict with magic mods, perk overhauls, creature mods (SIC), and could lead to many bugs.

I don't think it qualifies for this guide.

Edited by CJ2311

Hi everyone, I've been a long-time lurker around here until now. Firstly, please pardon my English--it's not my first language. Secondly, CJ and Nearox, you make such an amazing pack that offers hours of gameplay and fun! I used almost all of the mods in this pack except Aurora Village because of its conflict with More Bandit Camps mod (based on others' comments). I feel that More Bandit Camps mod offers more opportunity of exploring and gameplaying rather than what Aurora Village can offer (IMHO).

However, based on what you guys plan to incorporate Moon + Star into this pack, I wonder if would it also conflict with More Bandit Camps or ?

Thanks guys for making Skyrim more exciting to explore than ever!

Edited: Maybe I should offer my help; I'll go ahead and install Moon + Star along with More Bandit Camps to see how they will play together. I'll let you know how it goes. Which is the best way to find out by using CK (I have zero experience with it) or playing the game?

Edited by Dakkon

I stopped using Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships - Overhauled by Dj20 and Sp0rk  (and the REGs esp) with REGS because there's this weirdly placed stone wall outside Ivarstead, passed the bridge going toward Riften. The wall is clipped badly and half of it is missing a mesh/texture.I couldn't solve the issue after some time looking over things, so I said "screw it".

I am using a better (for me) alternative:

Travel Mounts - for fast travel by Manaflow

...with this mod you will need a mount if you want to be able to fast travel! After a few seconds mounting your horse (or anything else you can mount actually) you will receive a message telling you are able to try to fast travel. Notice that any other requirement needed to fast travel, like not being near enemies, are still considered.

Makes owning a horse much more worthwhile, and fast travel only works if on a horse or the game provided carriage systems.

Hi everyone, I've been a long-time lurker around here until now. Firstly, please pardon my English--it's not my first language. Secondly, CJ and Nearox, you make such an amazing pack that offers hours of gameplay and fun! I used almost all of the mods in this pack except Aurora Village because of its conflict with More Bandit Camps mod (based on others' comments). I feel that More Bandit Camps mod offers more opportunity of exploring and gameplaying rather than what Aurora Village can offer (IMHO). However, based on what you guys plan to incorporate Moon + Star into this pack, I wonder if would it also conflict with More Bandit Camps or ? Thanks guys for making Skyrim more exciting to explore than ever! Edited: Maybe I should offer my help; I'll go ahead and install Moon + Star along with More Bandit Camps to see how they will play together. I'll let you know how it goes. Which is the best way to find out by using CK (I have zero experience with it) or playing the game?

It might be a bit complicated to use the CK in that case, the easiest way would actually be to use TES5Edit: Load up both mods, and see if there are any conflicting records between the two mods in the worldspace group.Otherwise, simply traveling there ingame would work too. Either way, I'm actually waiting for the stupid workshop to work so I can add two mods by thirteenoranges, so I'll just check for all and any compatibility issues between that bandit camps mod and everything in REGS.

I stopped using Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships - Overhauled by Dj20 and Sp0rk  (and the REGs esp) with REGS because there's this weirdly placed stone wall outside Ivarstead, passed the bridge going toward Riften. The wall is clipped badly and half of it is missing a mesh/texture.I couldn't solve the issue after some time looking over things, so I said "screw it". I am using a better (for me) alternative:Travel Mounts - for fast travel by ManaflowMakes owning a horse much more worthwhile, and fast travel only works if on a horse or the game provided carriage systems.

Nice picture on that page, hehe.I'll have a look at the stone wall you're talking about... I've been using ETaC with BFT-HF for a long time and never noticed something like that.