A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

@CJ2311

I am so irritated (at myself for not having the skills to do it myself) and the field of available Carriage Mods right now. They all take a wonderful much needed feature idea but then screw it up in their execution:

• -On cart placement: For the love of freakin' Talos! Put the damn cart far enough outside town or make allowances specifically for gigantically popular mods like ETAC and Point the Way and Lanterns of Skyrim.
  • -It's a cart mod: Don't add huts, stone walls or any other objects to the game world. Carriage driver NPC, and a horse and cart...that's all you need!
  • -KISS: keep it simple, stupid. Don't need a disable fast travel feature, or have the carriage physically move creating piles of road kill and carnage or a weight related option (it's a damn cart pulled by a horse, if it can't carry you and your loot, wtf?)

/vent off

LOL

::):

However, based on what you guys plan to incorporate Moon + Star into this pack, I wonder if would it also conflict with More Bandit Camps or ?

Okay, just finished checking, More Bandit Camps does not conflict with anything (including Moon and Star) as long as you clean it.

Not cleaning that mod might cause some issues near dragon bridge and with an upcoming quest mod.

[*]

[*]-On cart placement: For the love of freakin' Talos! Put the damn cart far enough outside town or make allowances specifically for gigantically popular mods like ETAC and Point the Way and Lanterns of Skyrim.

[*]-It's a cart mod: Don't add huts, stone walls or any other objects to the game world. Carriage driver NPC, and a horse and cart...that's all you need!

[*]-KISS: keep it simple, stupid. Don't need a disable fast travel feature, or have the carriage physically move creating piles of road kill and carnage or a weight related option (it's a damn cart pulled by a horse, if it can't carry you and your loot, wtf?)

- Well, BFT only had a single conflict with ETaC, and that one is caused by ETaC moving everything in Ivarstead.

- BFT doesn't add anything else than carts and horses actually. This was a wild edit caused by the stupid CK.

- Well all the weight feature and the disabling fast travel part are optional in BFT too, there's an MCM menu to control that stuff...

Anyway, I used the ETaC - BFT-HF patch right now to remove the 3 bits of wall in the middle of the road. Just redownload the ETaC patches.

I didn't update the non HF version though.

Edited by CJ2311

- Well, BFT only had a single conflict with ETaC, and that one is caused by ETaC moving everything in Ivarstead.- BFT doesn't add anything else than carts and horses actually. This was a wild edit caused by the stupid CK.- Well all the weight feature and the disabling fast travel part are optional in BFT too, there's an MCM menu to control that stuff...Anyway, I used the ETaC - BFT-HF patch right now to remove the 3 bits of wall in the middle of the road. Just redownload the ETaC patches.I didn't update the non HF version though.

Wait, did you see that wall portion as well? Sitting askew on the right after the bridge going toward Riften?

BFT also adds some boat piers and presumably moves a stone wall because that wall was there before I ever started using ETAC, but now it appears that it properly should be across the road where the pier is with non-ETAC BFT...

Edited by Kuldebar

Eh the wall is vanilla indeed, but it was moved by BFT (as I said, wild edit, cause I doubt the author would put a wall in the middle of the road intentionally)

I just disabled it in the BFT HF patch though, didn't bother to shift it around.

Dawn of riften overwrittes some of the armors from Nightingale hall restored. Nightingale hall seems to add effects to the armors that dawn of riften removes. Shouldn't this be fixed with a patch/BUM rule

We have some disagreement over those 3 records, which is why they are not in the REGS-SRLE CR guide or in the REGS custom esps. Imo the EITM - Object Effect should be forwarded and you can safely do it. 

Edited by Nearox

I've reported those wild edits to Piano a while ago, and I'm sure she'll get around to fixing them with her next update.

I don't want to forward something like that in the REGS - Cities.esp because some people might use mods that make the armor available for the player or stuff like that, and for such a small enchantment that'll likely only work if you have some mod that make followers understand the concept of stealth is... eh :P

Oh wow, you're that fast! Cool and thanks for what you did! What kind of cleaning method I should use? Usual cleaning method (dirty edits) via TES5EDIT or ?

Okay, just finished checking, More Bandit Camps does not conflict with anything (including Moon and Star) as long as you clean it.Not cleaning that mod might cause some issues near dragon bridge and with an upcoming quest mod.

Edited: Loaded Explorers Edition version up via TES5EDIT. It has 176 ITM--were those what you were referring to? (I completely forgot to load it up and check for dirty edits until now)

Edited by Dakkon

I see. I'll forward them, couldn't hurt. And I use a mod that (should) help followers understand stealth. I have no follower yet so it is yet to be proven :)

Better Stealth AI for Followers - No Torch while Sneaking

Follower Trap Safety

I use the mods above plus EFF (non-Beta) I'm pretty happy with how followers behave.

• +1 1

Version 3.2.1:

Guide-only Update:

[*]Quite a few quest mods:

[*]Added And the Realms of Daedra by ThirteenOranges.

[*]Added No Mercy by ThirteenOranges.

[*]Added Moon and Star by GanXingba.

[*]Added The Shadow of Meresis by Hebrock.

[*]Added The Lost Wonders of Mzark by Guardly & MrCasual.

[*]Removed Aurora Village.

I'd like to point out that all these mods need cleaning, I didn't save the ITM/UDR count so I can't display it atm. (Especially considering that I'm getting a speed of 20-40 kbps on the nexus atm)

• +1 1

Version 3.2.1:

Guide-only Update:

[*]Quite a few quest mods:

[*]Added And the Realms of Daedra by ThirteenOranges.

[*]Added No Mercy by ThirteenOranges.

[*]Added Moon and Star by GanXingba.

[*]Added The Shadow of Meresis by Hebrock.

[*]Added The Lost Wonders of Mzark by Guardly & MrCasual.

[*]Removed Aurora Village.

I'd like to point out that all these mods need cleaning, I didn't save the ITM/UDR count so I can't display it atm. (Especially considering that I'm getting a speed of 20-40 kbps on the nexus atm)

OMG! You removed Aurora Village, why!? :(