A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Yah it's a PPR issue, the dock doors and windhelm towers do that. The messed up nif files are listed in SR:LE for that mod.

Cool Beans, thank you! I'm guessing a work around is just to pull/hide the PPR file that causes it? I'll take a look at SR:LE...

whdockdoortrim.nif

I've hidden the two files I found, one was from PPR for Vanilla and the other was PPR for SRO.

Edited by Kuldebar

I don't think you're supposed to install the PPR for both vanilla and SRO btw, since they're supposed to have the same files.Note:2 mods in the pack have been updated:- Expanded Winterhold Destruction Ruins by Rhinala70 and phaota:

Version 2.23added a shrine to the hall of the deadmarked all walls and gate as full lod in order to see them from the far.

- Inns and Taverns by Mena:

Version 1.8Stoney Hills Tavern addedNew travelling merchantUpdated map of inn locationsbugfixes

I don't think you're supposed to install the PPR for both vanilla and SRO btw, since they're supposed to have the same files.

I wasn't sure, I figured the files would just be overwritten if that was the case. But Windhelm is so fugly without a non-vanilla solution, I had to do something.

I am really happy with HD Vanilla textures and parallax...my game runs with a lot mot VRAM now. I do however, use the really good texture packs for interiors like Dungeons, Caves, etc.

Wow, it's a good sign when mods you have in your pack guide are getting love from their authors.

I was coc'ed around with Expanded Winterhold Destruction (exterior only, no dungeon) in a test game and was happy with it. I would have dropped the ruined walls slightly differently (they clip) but it conveys a much needed sense of disaster to the former city.

Also, I highly recommended using Expanded Winterhold Destruction with Winterhold Gate by Midgetalien AKA The Altmer Mage -it adds a simpler small town style guard gate outside the massive ruined gate, really works well with the concept of a "downgraded city".

Edited by Kuldebar

Anyone experiencing memory issues near Riverwood and outside Whiterun? I'm running Skyrin Mod Combiner, ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51467/? ) which combines various texture packs, so my VRAM usage is pretty high. I am using the 1k texture variants wherever possible, and I've optimized the textures using DDSOpt, but I still crash often near those two areas. Everywhere else in the game is fine.

Is there any way I can bypass the changes to Riverwood and Whiterun Outskirts while still preserving the rest of the mods in the guide? Or somehow reduce the memory footprint around these areas? I was hitting the 3.1GB limit nearly everytime I approached Whiterun, so I installed ENBoost (which helped). But still I get CTDs..

And just to be clear, I'm not implying this is a problem with the guide or the mods within it. Just a combination of the amount of texture packs I'm using + the expanded villages is pushing my game a bit over its limits..

Edited by Arkaedius

Anyone experiencing memory issues near Riverwood and outside Whiterun? I'm running Skyrin Mod Combiner, ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51467/? ) which combines various texture packs, so my VRAM usage is pretty high. I am using the 1k texture variants wherever possible, and I've optimized the textures using DDSOpt, but I still crash often near those two areas. Everywhere else in the game is fine.

Is there any way I can bypass the changes to Riverwood and Whiterun Outskirts while still preserving the rest of the mods in the guide? Or somehow reduce the memory footprint around these areas? I was hitting the 3.1GB limit nearly everytime I approached Whiterun, so I installed ENBoost (which helped). But still I get CTDs..

And just to be clear, I know this isn't a problem with the mods or the guide itself. Just a combination of the amount of texture packs I'm using combined with the expanded villages is pushing my game a bit over its limits..

...Riverwood and outside Whiterun...

Well that's a traditionally problematic area since the game came out, but it's been largely tamed with enboost and Sheson's memory patch variants.

I'm not sure what the Mod Combiner brings to the table, seems like it could over-complicate things, but that's just my passing opinion. I just carefully order texture packs so the ones I want have priority over others, also you can use the "hide" feature in MO to hide textures or meshes you don't want.

I run with 1 GB of VRAM, usually hover around `700 MB used in open country around Riverwood (with ETAC) and Whioterun (with ETAC).

This play through, I am running HD Vanilla with Parallax, I use Higher-Res textures for interiors like dungeons and caves, etc. Because Windhelm Vanilla sucks so much, I do use parallaxed SRO optimized for that city.

And just to be clear, I'm not implying this is a problem with the guide or the mods within it. Just a combination of the amount of texture packs I'm using + the expanded villages is pushing my game a bit over its limits..

Everything's modular in the pack, so you can choose not to install ETaC.

Never had any issues with ETaC Riverwood though, I only had crashes in Dawnstar/Falkreath. Didn't have any problems back when I was using a Radeon HD6870 with 1GB of VRAM either.

Before I got two GTX 780 Ti (SLI), I had similar problem as you're dealing with right now (crappy laptop graphic card, really). Have you install Sheson memory patch in your game yet? It'll help somewhat, but depends on the resolution you use for textures. I didn't do DDSOpt thingy, and my game ran excellent (almost always 60 fps in anywhere). My game, on rare occasions, crashed on loading from the saves, but it didn't happen often. Maybe two or three times out of 60+ hours of gameplay. Other than rare case of loading crashes, I hadn't experience any crash or stuttering near Riverwood or Whiterun.

I'm not sure what the Mod Combiner brings to the table, seems like it could over-complicate things, but that's just my passing opinion.

Actually, it is opposite. Mod Combiner makes things less complicated (at least, in my case).

Edited: By the way, GanXingba updated his Moon + Star to 1.02!:

VERSION 1.02 IS NOW LIVE

Bug fixes:

- Crashing on approching or fast traveling to the Dwemer Ruin should be fixed. The mod has been cleaned with TESVEdit and tested rigorously with all DLC and a dozen other mods running at once. If you are getting CTD now, it is very likely on your end

Features:

- LOD for Little Vivec and the Ruin now properly packed to reduce mesh and terrain popping.

Edited by Dakkon

It's not in the masterlist of Boss 2.2?

I'd recommend actually placing it before Nightingale hall.esp then.

But I could've sworn BOSS 2.2 sorted it wihtout me having a userlist for it, maybe I was just drunk.

There seems to be some script overlapping when using both Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships and Moon and Star, not sure if that would cause problems?

Actually, it will cause problems indeed, I'll post on Moon and Star to inform the mod author.

For now, place Better Fast Travel above Moon and Star in the load order, you won't be able to use one of the carriages to go to solitude, but that's better than to break Moon and Star.

Edited by CJ2311

Tks CJ!

I added this esp just now with updated masterlist for BOSS 2.2 and it does not recognize it.

I am trying to built REGS (well...the majority of it) on top of SR:LE with quite a few mods of my own...slightly nightmare when it comes to conflict resolution.

But eventually I will get there!  ::):

EDIT: Well, having a very quick look at TES5Edit I think it better to sort it before Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp, as to resolve 1 conflict with that mod and also to favor Wet & Cold - Holidays which has a few conflicts.

But as i said, I only had a very quick look...your opinion CJ?

Edited by Astakos