A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

I am trying to built REGS (well...the majority of it) on top of SR:LE with quite a few mods of my own...slightly nightmare when it comes to conflict resolution.

But eventually I will get there!  ::):

EDIT: Well, having a very quick look at TES5Edit I think it better to sort it before Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp, as to resolve 1 conflict with that mod and also to favor Wet & Cold - Holidays which has a few conflicts.

But as i said, I only had a very quick look...your opinion CJ?

Did you try the REGS - SRLE conflcit resolution guide?

The only thing I didn't update yet is to remove the records of Aurora Village and to include Moon and Stars. They're pretty simple to fix though as Moon and Stars only conflicts with Realistic Water Two and you jsut need to forward th XCWT record. I'll add it to the conflict guide tomorrow.

Edited by Nearox

Version 3.2.2:

• Added Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships - Overhauled by Dj20 and Sp0rk.
  • Added a patch for Better Fast Travel + Moon and Star.
  • Added a replacer esp to fix the navmesh issues with Raven Rock Expanded.
  • Updated the Better Fast Travel patch in the ETaC Replacer to fix a wild edit to a wall in Ivarstead.
  • +1 1

Before I got two GTX 780 Ti (SLI), I had similar problem as you're dealing with right now (crappy laptop graphic card, really). Have you install Sheson memory patch in your game yet? It'll help somewhat, but depends on the resolution you use for textures. I didn't do DDSOpt thingy, and my game ran excellent (almost always 60 fps in anywhere). My game, on rare occasions, crashed on loading from the saves, but it didn't happen often. Maybe two or three times out of 60+ hours of gameplay. Other than rare case of loading crashes, I hadn't experience any crash or stuttering near Riverwood or Whiterun.

Actually, it is opposite. Mod Combiner makes things less complicated (at least, in my case).

Yea I'm using the Sheson Memory Patch + ENBoost. Only 2k textures I'm using are for mountains, everything else is 1k or less. I have a 2GB video card, 8GB of ram.. kind of weird I'm getting so many crashes, but it's only around Whiterun and Riverwood, at least.

Arkaedius: Are you using Audio Overhaul for Skyrim? If so you can try downloading the AOS CTD fix on their page, it fixes a recurrent crash problem that happens in the "Riverrun" area.

Dakkon: Thank you, I removed the part about cleaning that mod since the author fixed that in his update. ::):

Edited by CJ2311

Yes, I am. Already using the CTD fix (it's last in my load order).

I know the problem is related to my texture packs, because if I disable them the freezing and crashes stop. It's just the fact that it's only around Riverwood and Whiterun that keeps me from doing that permanently.

Here's my load order: https://pastebin.com/maTf3SgG

Is there any way I can find out which textures apply to the buildings in  Riverwood and outside Whiterun and just disable those? Or are they the same textures that apply to buildings elsewhere..

Edited by Arkaedius

The textures that are most used in Riverwood would be the farmhouse textures. Here's a better suggestion though: When you installed SMIM, did you check the option by default? Because it does severe changes to all the models in Riverwood (fences, ropes and chains for example will result in several hundreds of thousands of polygons, which does take it's toll on any GPU)

Did I check which option? The Install Everything Option? So I should try the Lite option then? Hmm.. maybe that could fix it. I installed it through Skyrim Mod Combiner so I never selected any options.. but I'll try it with the lite version and see if that fixes it.

Yea, this is the "lite" option https://i.imgur.com/KCG3iTE.png

This installs the basic mesh fixes and performance-friendly improvements. This will not install the 3D ropes, 3D chains, smoothed rocks, or detailed chests. This also uses the Half-Sized textures option. For users who DO USE the Dragonborn DLC. Your game will crash if you pick this but don't have Dragonborn!

So that sounds like it's worth a shot.

Wow. You're a lifesaver! that helped tremendously -- I can actually run around Riverwood without crashing or freezing up now. It's funny too, because I would of never suspected it was SMIM. It even stutters way less now (almost no stuttering at all). 

I'll try and see how it is outside Whiterun too. But I can always just fast travel directly into Whiterun so I'm not too worried about that. Thanks a bunch.