A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Hi guys,

Just updated to 3.02 and i have a small problem with Varg Skjol in Ivarstead. This house is added in by Enhanced Towns and Cities however I have this occurring. It didn't happen before the update. The only thing I have done since applying the REG's update is update the Unofficial Dawnguard patch. Any takers :-)

Posted Image

Edited by oldmcgroin

Hi guys, Just updated to 3.02 and i have a small problem with Varg Skjol in Ivarstead. This house is added in by Enhanced Towns and Cities however I have this occurring. It didn't happen before the update. The only thing I have done since applying the REG's update is update the Unofficial Dawnguard patch. Any takers :-)

Already fixed in 3.0.3 which was released 8 hours ago, together with any oddities of that kind that might have happened because of the ETaC - Complete.esp going full berserk.

ItsMeToo said that he does not want unofficial patches for his mods (which is understandable of course) and that the Paarthunax fix he made is there to stay for the near future at least.

So it appears we have reached an impasse then.

The guide will be reverting to the previous Sky Haven Temple mod, a shame really, but there you go.

Edited by CJ2311

Already fixed in 3.0.3 which was released 8 hours ago, together with any oddities of that kind that might have happened because of the ETaC - Complete.esp going full berserk.

Sorry can't keep up with all the updates at the moment haha! The new patch fixed it :-) Brilliant work!

ItsMeToo said that he does not want unofficial patches for his mods (which is understandable of course) and that the Paarthunax fix he made is there to stay for the near future at least.So it appears we have reached an impasse then.The guide will be reverting to the previous Sky Haven Temple mod, a shame really, but there you go.

Shame

Sorry can't keep up with all the updates at the moment haha! The new patch fixed it :-) Brilliant work!

Neither can I, to be honest :PHopefully 3.0.3 was the last version for a while now, although Nearox has just sent me 6 new mods to look at... If anyone wants to kill Nearox, please contact me at CJ@Holidays.fr

Shame

Yes, but as I said, it's totally reasonable since his mod is still a WIP, and it's always annoying when users are running different variations of your file D:

Yes, but as I said, it's totally reasonable since his mod is still a WIP, and it's always annoying when users are running different variations of your file D:

We all understand and now that I've calmly read the mod description I think it is an awesome mod, plus, I don't think there are any ethical implications of sharing your knowledge of how to remove the paarthurnax fix... :p

We all understand and now that I've calmly read the mod description I think it is an awesome mod, plus, I don't think there are any ethical implications of sharing your knowledge of how to remove the paarthurnax fix... :p

Well technically, if someone were to know how to use TES5Edit, and had extracted the files in the mod's bsa, they could easily fix this themselves by doing the following things:1/- Files (in the scripts folder):

- Keep all the files starting with "ItsMeToo".

- Keep the lightingball.pex and lightingballcontroller.pex files.

- Keep the following files:

TIF__02027286TIF__02027288TIF__02028D89TIF__02032A71TIF__02038155TIF__02038C3ETIF__020391B2TIF__020391CFTIF__0203A201TIF__0203A203TIF__0203A205TIF__0509C382TIF__0509C384TIF__0509C386TIF__050A148C

- Delete everything else that wasn't listed above.

2/- FormIDs (in the esp):

ACTIVATORS

0004A607

0300306B

0300A511

DIALOG TOPICS AND BRANCHES: (Basically, delete every record that's overwriting something from the vanilla game/dlc here)000E38B9

000E38BB

000E38BC

000E38BE

000E38BF

000E67DD

000E67DE

0007736D

0007734A

000428D5

0004283E

0004283A

0003C572

FACTION:

000CF8F9

FURNITURE:

000BFB04

LIGHT:

Both entries (they might override your lighting mods if you keep'em)

NPC:

00013478 (wild edit to Delphine)

QUEST:

0003FA16

000E38C9

000E3E67

000E6DF1

Also, it is imperative to clean the mod if you're going to do this, although you can ignore the deleted navmesh.

Edited by CJ2311
  • +1 3

I have a better idea, I'll contact ItsMeToo and offer him to host a version of the mod that is cleaned and does not contain any of the Paarthunax/Blades changes, that way we avoid all compatibility problems altogether.

Great. I hope it works out eventually  ::): . The Sky Haven temple mod certainly seems to be well integrated with some of the other quest mods you include.

Anyway, the EFF incompatibility, as stated at the start of the guide, is only minor, you will still get a working setup, you just won't be able to recruit more than 3 blades (which is a non vanilla feature added by the Sky Haven Temple mod)

The Wrye Bash bashed patch allows changing the maximum number of companions (it is just a GMST record). If it loads this too early and doesn't allow more companions you can simply put the revised value in a late-loading patch with TES5Edit.

As always, thank for all the effort in making this particularly interesting pack.

Great. I hope it works out eventually  ::): . The Sky Haven temple mod certainly seems to be well integrated with some of the other quest mods you include.

I hope so as well, I've used that mod in the past, and it really is great, with the new version being even better imo.

The Wrye Bash bashed patch allows changing the maximum number of companions (it is just a GMST record). If it loads this too early and doesn't allow more companions you can simply put the revised value in a late-loading patch with TES5Edit.

It's not the number of companions that causes an issue here, just the fact that EFF seems to prevent the recruitment of more than 3 blades for some odd reason.

As always, thank for all the effort in making this particularly interesting pack.

And thank you for the interest you have shown for it ::):

Well technically, if someone were to know how to use TES5Edit, and had extracted the files in the mod's bsa, they could easily fix this themselves by deleting the following things:<snip>

No guarantees that it'll work though, since the scripts are obfuscated. (Which is why I included all the scripts, not just those about Paarthunax)

Also, it is imperative to clean the mod if you're going to do this, although you can ignore the deleted navmesh.

I'm still considering not using TPD so I can use this instead. So I'd only need to worry about cleaning in TES5Edit, right? What about the fixed NavMesh you had mentioned before? (apologies for being a pest)