Telvanni Reborn (by Mystery Modder)

EssArrBee

Discussion thread:
Telvanni Reborn by Mystery Modder
Wiki Link

This a retexture of the Telvanni area of Solsthiem for all the mushrooms and the interiors. Mystery Modder is also the author of Realistic Mushroom which is in STEP already, so I guess he really loves mushrooms.

Looks like a good candidate for testing since Dragonborn needs to some retextures. I believe these are 2048 textures so they might be to high for baseline STEP, but that shouldn't be an automatic disqualification if there isn't anything else out there.

I don't have the time to load it myself, but I didn't want it to get overlooked.

see post
Accepted for 2.2.8 Core

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Since this mod, along with others (such as Realistic Mushrooms and Shrines HD) have all been merged into the larger Skyrim Ultra HD Texture Pack, i think we should at least consider whether or not we want to keep testing the individual releases or maybe we could just consider reviewing/testing/recommending the complete package. Plus, AFAIK, any updates/support will only be reflected in the complete pack and not the individual mods (needs verifying).

Except, the mentioned texture pack is a VERY mixed bag and we'd be better off using the texture packs from Mystery Modder that are of substantial quality. Which, so far, means Realistic Mushrooms, this mod, and Shrines Hd. The others we tested seemed to be slightly altered vanilla textures... not good enough.

Also, said pack has quite a abundance of 4k textures.. discouraging me further from using the pack.

Yep, gotta agree with Will, since some of his textures in that HD pack are quite large for the item they cover. It's better to pick the best ones so we don't have a big texture pack in the Conflicting Graphics that just gets overwritten by other mods the are STEP preferred.

Except, the mentioned texture pack is a VERY mixed bag and we'd be better off using the texture packs from Mystery Modder that are of substantial quality. Which, so far, means Realistic Mushrooms, this mod, and Shrines Hd. The others we tested seemed to be slightly altered vanilla textures... not good enough.

Also, said pack has quite a abundance of 4k textures.. discouraging me further from using the pack.

I can see your point for sure, and I do tend to agree with you. I just thought it was worth mentioning. :thumbsup: 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like up-scaled vanilla texture with extra filters and noise to me. No way could the mushroom cap pattern be matched that perfectly with custom textures for example. Looks like the other big mod is the same too (that is linked in the description). Just my opinion of course. :)

i agree. but that's not always a bad thing. i think the author (mystery modder) uses the Super Bladepro filters and similar texturizer plugins. He's posted a few images showing some of the plugins he uses, but i dont remember where i saw them. I think this technique works well enough for fantastical type applications and materials (like giant mushrooms and falmer architecture for example), but not so much for objects you want to have a realistic appearance.

Looks like up-scaled vanilla texture with extra filters and noise to me. No way could the mushroom cap pattern be matched that perfectly with custom textures for example. Looks like the other big mod is the same too (that is linked in the description). Just my opinion of course. :)

That's most of the texture packs on the nexus unfortunately!  Glad someone pointed that out though, I agree with this assessment.

• 3 weeks later...

Which looks like that? This mod? Or the one that I posted?

• 2 months later...