Telvanni Reborn (by Mystery Modder)

EssArrBee

That skunky123 guy has a huge attitude problem and is only able to respond in an extremely hostile manner. It's good thing he's gone. And frankly, 90% of his texture pack is (was) one disgusting upscale dragged through the same Photoshop noise-like filter over and over. "Interestingly", it's (was) the same thing with MysteryModder's standalone textures.

That skunky123 guy has a huge attitude problem and is only able to respond in an extremely hostile manner.

I agree, but I still think its a shame that the Telvanni Reborn textures were taken down.

And who knows why hes so angry, my thought is that something must have happened on the Nexus that made him go berzerk, though he never told me why he removed the textures from the Nexus to begin with in our PMs.

It was a nice pack that only changed the Telvanni mushroom buildings, nothing else, which was perfect imo since I don't like big packs changing textures all over the game.

Btw do you guys know of any other texture packs that change the Telvanni mushroom buildings? Without "Telvanni Reborn" I have nothing to recommend in my mod description to new users and without some kind of better textures the mushroom buildings will look awful.

Right now I'm just telling them to google "Telvanni Reborn" since you can get it from Reddit, but I'm fearful this might get me a warning, or even a ban from Nexus.

Edited by Ac3s

frozunswaidon's Dragonborn mod retextures it (unless I'm checking the wrong files, but don't think so :D ) : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/42348

taking a quick look at the two packs in PS, (admittedly not as good a taking a look ingame but surely better than nothing) it seems a lot better on average too, which is to be expected since you're comparing works by one of the best, if not the very best landscape texture artist on nexus, with one that's, umm, not really as good...

I was going to add that mod during 2.2.8 when I did a big test of Dragonborn mods. The color palette was off and Telvanni textures have a repeating pattern that is very noticeable. Once you see, you can't unsee it.

Go to this post for some pics: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/2941-skyrim-realistic-texture-overhaul-dragonborn/page-2?do=findComment&comment=61900

Those are close ups though, so you'll have to install them to see the patterned effect.

In those compare the HRDLC isn't that bad.

Telvanni Reborn is clearly made from the HRDLC. It's sharpened and upscaled a bit to make them pop out a little more in game. Mystrey did a good job making the base textures better, but he definitely didn't build them from scratch.

I wish someone would post the SRO DB textures for everyone to use.

imo, "Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul Dragonborn by Frozunswaidon" are not good, I tried them for my own mod "Tel Nalta II" and it makes everything look horrible and unrecognizable. Personally I think that even the textures from the official texture pack 03 do a better job, but that's just my opinion.

• +1 1

• 4 weeks later...

well, I came across Mystery Modder's file...

This link will likely break but here you go. 

A simple search works 

I updated the mod page with the new link

EDIT: I gave the page another look and I can't decide if it is from the author or not. 

I've hidden the link on the mod page. We can't link to anything that isn't provided directly from the author.