Installing ASIS and SkyRe with some additional stuff

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Nevertide

Yes, stoneskin/oakflesh spell is broken with the guide, the spell costs too much. But I haven't notice any other glaring problems though.

Thanks for the confirmation, at least I know my install is correct. I did some further testing after my post using the console and found that stoneskin, ironskin, and gale seem to be the only broken spells (that I could find). And gale is only broken in that it teaches you blizzard instead. Those three have a magic effect and a tome in the game, but no assigned spell to cast them. All the other schools seem to be working correctly, and it seems that firebolt etc. are properly using incinerate's animation.

I'm going to play with the patch/override a bit in TES5Edit and maybe the CK and see if I can figure out a way to fix it, though I have only a tiny idea what I'm doing. Regardless, I doubt even if I fix it I'll figure out a way to get those spells to inherit the secondary effects from Skyre's perk. Maybe I'll just see if I can fix the casting cost of oakflesh/ironflesh instead.

Thanks!

In my opinion, for whatever it counts, while I'm sure the OP and contributors had the best of intentions, it is rather lacking in the stability & compatibility department. Users will need to do a lot more to reach general stability with these mods, even if they are used as a package without SR as a basis.

Don't get me wrong, there is a ton of good information in the OP, but it suffers on quite a few major fronts: mostly from vague wording, insufficient explanation and the choice options for the balbor's/qotsafon/qftc compatibility patches is largely redudant by now due to lack of updates in the OP.

I'd say this is a 50% guide, which will show people the right path but one needs to be relatively well equipped with TES5Edit and modding in general to make this wor. All of which I learned (including doing conflict resolutions on any installed mod, which is necessary for this) only after a few months of modding.

Compared to SR and STEP, this guide is clearly lacking in clarity and depth and therefore I would personally not recommended it to anyone as a 'follow-to-the-letter-and-be-stable' kind of guide. It is however useful for general directions and install order.

I agree with Nearox. It is quite outdated in some parts and would need some serious work to be done on it. I had always used it for similar reasons as above. As a general direction and a starting point.

Experience in modding and TES5Edit would be required as is.

Something else to take into consideration is that there is currently no pubic version of Skyrim Revised for this to go off of. We could always use the old one before the revamp and restructuring, but that could be confusing to members.

Just a heads up and another quick thanks for people pointing me in the right direction.

I've altered the Skyre-MM patch to correct stone skin, iron skin, gale, and (kinda) dragon hide. I imagine I'll have to adjust strone and iron skin's magnitude/cost/duration to fit in with Skyre, but I'll tackle that as I come to it. I've altered dragonhide a bit as proof of concept, as well as fixing the spell tome from Skyre's dragon flesh. I've also given second skin effects from Skyre to stone skin (25% arrow resistance), iron skin (iron flesh's effects), and added back the 15% shout reduction to dragon hide in addition to the magick resistance. That said, I'm still fiddling around and seeing if I can force the magick resistance to only be unlockable with the second skin perk as well.

If anyone is interested and it is permitted I can upload the altered patch. Still needs work, but makes mage armors useable which is a must since my char is pure squishy magick goodness.

Initially the guide stopped being updated when Iroha (and everyone else) could no longer edit posts after a certain small time limit. This is no longer the case and is currently in a relatively updated state). I would suggest that a smaller pack based around SkyRe as a whole would definitely have a place. A Magic pack has already been suggested and so compatibility between those might need to be addressed. The main difficulty with SkyRe is the reproccer (a great idea and tool) as you need a variety of patches to get it to properly assimilate any added armors and weapons. If you don't add any extra content then it is all straightforward.

A SkyRe pack could then be some suggested added content - with patch and reproccer instructions to get it into the game and compatible with STEP CORE and or Extended. As STEP does not add any weapon or armor content (I think) then it should be compatible from the get go. Adding Dragon mods would perhaps be needed to balance the added damage from weapons and keep difficulty consistent.

The less added content the better I would say because people have different views on what they like and so should make their own decisions about what they would like to add. Sufficient instruction on the use of the reproccer and adding content / patches should enable users to add what they choose to their build.

As a guide this one would need to be converted to the wiki and then maintained to be effective and perhaps someone will take that on but I think a smaller pack version is definitely feasible in the short term.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

What is the main difference between SkyRe with and SkyRe without ASIS? From what I understand, I should use everything on SkyRe except the Enemy Level Scaling and use ASIS instead? Also, how important are the compatibility patches? The Balbor one is easy to use, but the compatibility patch has so much stuff that I don't understand any of it. I am using mostly STEP mods right now, but I don't see how most of them can interfere with SkyRe anyway.

Hi guys,

I'm definitely looking for combat overhaul pack which includes Combat module/EnemyAI - SkyRE_EnemyAI/Combat or DUEL, skill revamp - SkyRE, variable NPC spells,perks and potions - Automatic Perks&Spells, NPC potions, Increased spawns - it's more immersive to face pack of wolves in the forest, more than few zombies in the dungeons and so on. If I had more experience with TES5EDIT, I would try to make a more complete guide/complete pack of these mods/.

Now I'm testing only which modules of SkyRE could be skipped with scriptless or replaced with not too scripted mods.

For a start, someone could share his experience if was able to run these mods without issues/cdts, freezes/.

Testing these mods:

ASIS - Automatic Spells&Perks, NPC Potions, increased spawns - 400/100/25/5/1, ASIS custom inis

SkyRE Complete - for now I'm stick with SkyRe Combat and EnemyAI module, but could be replaced with DUEL

Dual Sheath Redux+compability patches/

EBD - Everybodys Different - only Heights/script free/

Automatic Variants

Skyrim Immersive Creatures/Purist/

SkyRE compability patches

Unofficial SkyRe patch

Skyre Script fix 1.2/fixed scripts by steve40

Hi all

Thanks for this guide, been of great use to me. I am a bit stuck on one point though. I have all DLC. I have Skyre + ASIS. I also use: Immersive Armor, Immersive Weapons, Ars Metalica and Apocalypse spells.

For Skyre I'm using:

Main

Combat

Enemy Scaling

For ASIS I'm using:

Increased Spawns

Automatic Perks

Automatic Spells

Customized AI

For Qotsfans patches I'm using:

Stats

Blocklist

Ars Metallica SMIM patch

Misc Reproccer + IA + Destruction Tweak Atronach 50

Bring out your dead (I have bring out your dead installed)

Pre ASIS patch

Pre Proccer WA fixes IW aMidianSS IA patch

Books HF patch

For Balbor and Steelsouls I'm using:

Stats

Skyre crafting fix

Dragonborn armour fix

Immersive armour reproccer patch

Immersive weapons reproccer patch

Reproccer dragonborn fix

Where I'm stuck is the skyproc patches. I deselected everything under bashed patch and rebuilt the patch and enabled bashed patch esp. So my next step (I believe) is running the skyprocs.

This is where I'm at:

Posted Image

I think my next step is to enable preasispatch.esp and asis dependency.esp, run sum.jar, select the ASIS patch, enable the options (perks etc) and run it. Then enable asis.esp.

Next I enable "pre reproccer WA fixes IW aMidianSS IA patch.esp" and "reproccer.esp", run sum.jar again and patch reproccer. I then enable "reproccerdragonborn.esp" and the four Qotsfans patch esps. 

Am I on the right track? 

Many thanks for any advice.

I believe you should load the qotsafans stats after balbors because qotsafans has been updated more recently.

The procedure you describe is correct, howeve you shouldn't need to do it like that. If you just run all patches at once through SUM after you created the bashed patch, it'll take care of all and you just need to enable all the disabled esps after it is done. 

That said, I say 'shouldn't' because I found that sometimes SUMdoes not incorporate the changes from the 'pre-reproccer' esp, so I always select that one and then run SUM. 

With regards to ASIS... If you run into CTDs in exteriors, try to disable the inscreased spawn system. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.