Installing ASIS and SkyRe with some additional stuff

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out? I'm having trouble following this guide.

Right now I'm using afew mods such as SkyRe, UFO, Deadly Dragons, Immersive Armors (also for NPCs), WARZONES and I would now like to install ASIS.

So far the only patch I've run was Balabor's SkyRe patch (for immersive armors). And i'm unsure of what my next step should be to make ASIS play nice with my other mods.

1. Should I just DL ASIS with NMM, and run an ASIS patch?

2. Should I add the exclusions to the Blocklist at the bottom of this guide?

3. Should I use either one or the other Enemy AI module?

4. Should I do all my patching with SUM?

5. Lastly do I need to also download SkyRe ReProccer Compatibility Patches?

Also, how do I add things to my blocklist? Such as skyBirds? I'm told this will cause ASIS to not work?

If anyone could help me out here, i'd love to get back to playing!

I'm adding Mighty Magic and have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

I had previously upgraded it to 3.15 (as I believe your instructions said to, if I remember correctly) but notice now it says to just install 3.12. Is 3.15 still compatible or should I reinstall it and stop at 3.12?

It says to replace all esp with your AIO patch, which I did, but then it says to install this patch to run after might magic-voices. Should I have left voices and only deleted the other esps? Also, voices isn't in 3.12 (which might answer my previous question but I just want to be sure I'm putting it together like you instructed. Skyrim has ctd'ed all of the enterprising, free thinking, free spirit out of me and I am your drone to control...)

Thanks a lot for you help!

I had previously upgraded it to 3.15 (as I believe your instructions said to, if I remember correctly) but notice now it says to just install 3.12. Is 3.15 still compatible or should I reinstall it and stop at 3.12?

It says to replace all esp with your AIO patch, which I did, but then it says to install this patch to run after might magic-voices. Should I have left voices and only deleted the other esps? Also, voices isn't in 3.12 (which might answer my previous question but I just want to be sure I'm putting it together like you instructed. Skyrim has ctd'ed all of the enterprising, free thinking, free spirit out of me and I am your drone to control...)

Hi cstarkey42,

You should delete all of the MM esp's from within MM and each of it's update, and then add the new ESP's manually - either via MO's context menu (right click -> open in explorer) or by simply browsing to the directory it's installed.

The reference to the old esp is for BUM to add a user rule to BOSS so it may sort it correctly.

Hope that helps mate :)

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out? I'm having trouble following this guide.

Right now I'm using afew mods such as SkyRe, UFO, Deadly Dragons, Immersive Armors (also for NPCs), WARZONES and I would now like to install ASIS.

So far the only patch I've run was Balabor's SkyRe patch (for immersive armors). And i'm unsure of what my next step should be to make ASIS play nice with my other mods.

1. Should I just DL ASIS with NMM, and run an ASIS patch?

2. Should I add the exclusions to the Blocklist at the bottom of this guide?

3. Should I use either one or the other Enemy AI module?

4. Should I do all my patching with SUM?

5. Lastly do I need to also download SkyRe ReProccer Compatibility Patches?

Also, how do I add things to my blocklist? Such as skyBirds? I'm told this will cause ASIS to not work?

If anyone could help me out here, i'd love to get back to playing!

You can download and install asis per instructions on nexus. After installation, make tweaks (pt.23 install section), look on dynamic patches -manual section pt.2

Seems, you don't need SkyRe ReProccer Compatibility Patches, you can clarify this aspect by reading it's (SkyRe ReProccer Compatibility Patches) nexus page - you don't need qotsafans patches if you don't use mods patches made for.

13.1 a) remains unchanged. Still tells that you should install 3.12 and all patches on top. I mean if you installing updates for mod via MO you should install them in main mod folder (less clutter). AIO esp unchanged as well - it's all mm 3.15 esp's in one. Only compatibility patch was updated and new esp (MM overrides.esp) created for loading after original qotsafans pre-reproccer and miscelaneous patches (earlier we replaced them)

I don't know if you people track all your mods like I do but Forgotten Magic has received two bugfix and content updates in the last two days so you'll probably want to grab them.

changed version in starting section, but forgot to add in changelog:)

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to get some feedback, is anyone using the new Complete Crafting Overhaul that kryptopyr is working on? And if so, does it play nice with Reproccer / SkyRe?

I am really interested in the feature to disable certain recipes via MCM, as I am sure you all know, it gets super tedious scrolling through a bazillion recipes to reach one item

Cheers

I was using Kryptopyr's CCO but I disabled it as I didn't like the way it changed the ore names and some of the other things it forced on you which is a pity as it helped in the crafting menu's otherwise yes it played nice with all of the mods from Skyrim Revisited and this guide as far as I could tell.

Thanks MajesticMaerlyn and Iroha, that does help...ok, honestly, maybe not directly but I think you did set off a light bulb in my head. I've deleted the old esps, of course, and simply moved the new esps to the MM folder, all of which was easy enough. My concern was that voices was deleted and, as such, wasn't present to put the new esp after it. I think, judging from your replies, that I've been underestimating BUM and assuming that it only knows what esps are in my MO. I'm guessing that it actually has a record of some sort that, somewhere in the universe, voices does exist and, if it were to exist in my load order then the new esp should go after where it would be, even though it isn't actually there. Is this correct? If it is then everything is beginning to make so much more sense. If it isn't then I'm even more confused than when I begun. Does windows 8 still have solitare somewhere on here...

Thanks MajesticMaerlyn and Iroha' date=' that does help...ok, honestly, maybe not directly but I think you did set off a light bulb in my head. I've deleted the old esps, of course, and simply moved the new esps to the MM folder, all of which was easy enough. My concern was that voices was deleted and, as such, wasn't present to put the new esp after it. I think, judging from your replies, that I've been underestimating BUM and assuming that it only knows what esps are in my MO. I'm guessing that it actually has a record of some sort that, somewhere in the universe, voices does exist and, if it were to exist in my load order then the new esp should go after where it would be, even though it isn't actually there. Is this correct? If it is then everything is beginning to make so much more sense. If it isn't then I'm even more confused than when I begun. Does windows 8 still have solitare somewhere on here...[/quote']

No problem, you understood correctly, BUM looks in BOSS masterlist for mods, and therefore you can create rules to sort/overrive unrecognised by BOSS plugins/recognised by BOSS plugins but you know better load order for your install  after/before/bottom etc. esp's or categories

Just reading through Irohas OP and I have a question. I was looking to use ASIS alongside moonlight tales, werewolf mastery, deadly dragons, and immersive armor, so after following Irohas instruction to the letter, what happens if I want to add or remove more mods. I read somewhere that adding/removing mods from the load order can break the game saves. I've used MT + WM + DD + IA and just used t3endo's reproccer with no problems in adding or removing mods, just running a bash patch and then T3ndo's reproccer after adding or removing mods.

It seems adding ASIS involves having to add Balbour and Steelsouls reproccer, an ASIS reproccer and a number of patches etc. that could seriously complicate reordering your load order if you move around any mods.

Cheers.

Just reading through Irohas OP and I have a question. I was looking to use ASIS alongside moonlight tales, werewolf mastery, deadly dragons, and immersive armor, so after following Irohas instruction to the letter, what happens if I want to add or remove more mods. I read somewhere that adding/removing mods from the load order can break the game saves. I've used MT + WM + DD + IA and just used t3endo's reproccer with no problems in adding or removing mods, just running a bash patch and then T3ndo's reproccer after adding or removing mods.

It seems adding ASIS involves having to add Balbour and Steelsouls reproccer, an ASIS reproccer and a number of patches etc. that could seriously complicate reordering your load order if you move around any mods.

Cheers.

Adding ASIS doesn't require to add many patches, in the guide very few patches (esp) for asis scribed as I recall (postASISpatch by qotsafan, and even this very optional now, forgot to change it's color. Also maybe few from FCqt). You don't need many patches if you don't have many mods (for which patches exists) or you don't want to provide mod changes to the game if asis replaced them a little.

Removing mods can break your saves in case when mod scripted(and/or alters/adds quests for example) and doesn't have good uninstaller. I this case player should follow uninstall instructions provided by author at best; or examinate mod via TES5dit and remove items, perks, spells, stopping quests in game via console etc. before uninstallation at worst.

Most mods without scripts are safe to uninstall. Most mods with scripts won't crash your game at once upon uninstall, may be even never, especially if you uninstall them one-by-one and don't add new mods in the middle of upgrade/uninstallation of other mods.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.