Can Not Copy Resource / The system cannot find the path specified

ravenRpg38

Question

• Answers 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thank you!

Running as administrator for both files straight out of the DynDOLOD folder worked.

As did moving the DynDOLOD folder and the outputs from any User files and to outside of the Libraries like Music/Video/Docs.

Thank you to Sheson for his wonderful work and you may never have my children, devil.

1 hour ago, Awareness said:

Thank you!

Running as administrator for both files straight out of the DynDOLOD folder worked.

As did moving the DynDOLOD folder and the outputs from any User files and to outside of the Libraries like Music/Video/Docs.

Thank you to Sheson for his wonderful work and you may never have my children, devil.

You don't need to run these applications as an admin. You only need to turn off Windows Defender real-time protection and add exceptions for the executable 'processes' as explained in sticky posts in these forums.

I personally use real AV like ESET, so it's much easier to avoid this stuff.

Hi there. I am trying to run TexGenx64 from DynDOLOD 3 beta 58 for the first time. I got a Skyrim AE (with all Creation Club contents). I got the following error. I am not sure how to proceed. Please help. Thank you. (EDIT: I used the Best of Both World downgrader patch, so I am effectively using Skyrim 1.5.97 and SKSE 2.0.17, if that's helpful. Also I got some other file not found errors as well).

Spoiler

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Can not copy resource textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbarkcompsnow_n.dds to D:\Mods\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dlc02\landscape\trees\treepineforestbarkcompash_n.dds:

[Content]
The system cannot find the path specified

[C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbarkcompsnow_n.dds]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

The other errors:

Spoiler

Error: File not found textures\landscape\grass\vurt_calluna vulgaris.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\grass\vurt_calluna vulgaris.nif Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp vurt_Callunavulgaris [GRAS:78000D62]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\grass\vurt_yelgrass.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\grass\vurt_yelgrass.nif Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp vurt_yelgrass [GRAS:78003320]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\erowanbranch01_n.dds. Used by Meshes\cwi\flora\hoddminir\trees\hodrowantreegkb03wflowers.nif CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp CWIHodRowan [TREE:CE28E5EB]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\vurt_pbarksnowy2_n.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestsnow02.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnow02 [TREE:0005C071]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\vurt_pbarksnowy2_n.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestsnow04.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnow04 [TREE:0005C06F]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\vurt_pbarksnowy2_n.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestsnow05.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnow05 [TREE:0005C06E]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\vurt_pineatlas02_n.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestsnowl02.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnowL02 [TREE:0005D2DA]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\vurt_pineatlasdead2_n.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestdead02.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForest02Dead [TREE:000B927B]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\vurt_pineatlasdead_n.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestdead01.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForest01Dead [TREE:000B927A]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\vurt_pineatlasdead_n.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestdead04.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForest04Dead [TREE:000B927D]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\vurt_pineatlasdead_n.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestdead05.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForest05Dead [TREE:000B927E]

Edited by abcd

On 12/16/2021 at 11:35 PM, abcd said:

Hi there. I am trying to run TexGenx64 from DynDOLOD 3 beta 58 for the first time. I got a Skyrim AE (with all Creation Club contents). I got the following error. I am not sure how to proceed. Please help. Thank you. (EDIT: I used the Best of Both World downgrader patch, so I am effectively using Skyrim 1.5.97 and SKSE 2.0.17, if that's helpful. Also I got some other file not found errors as well).

Read the explanations that open when clicking on "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message".
https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Can-Not-Copy-Resource

Do not install the game into special Windows folders like Program Files x86. Add exception to antivir.

File not found errors are easy to understand and are typically rectified by installing the missing textures.
https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures

hello

i dont understand what i did wrong. it was working fine. then i tried version 3 Bata.  i got missing texture's message. i went back to 2.8

i am still getting  missing textures. it doesnt hang with the  texture message in the same place. it a different texture every time.

my ini has this

[Archive]
bLoadArchiveInMemory=1
sArchiveToLoadInMemoryList=Skyrim - Animations.bsa
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes0.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures2.bsa, Skyrim - Textures3.bsa, Skyrim - Textures4.bsa, Skyrim - Textures5.bsa, Skyrim - Textures6.bsa, Skyrim - Textures7.bsa, Skyrim - Textures8.bsa, Skyrim - Patch.bsa...

i have done this a ton of times over the years. this is my first time having trouble.

i have a picture of my load order

i dont know were to start ive not changed anything. 

i know. i have deleted all the old textgen. my dynoload resources is right

thanks 

DSC_3465.JPG

29 minutes ago, rparker1866 said:

hello

its doing it again. Windows Defender  is off. what has changed here. ive not done this  for almost a year. nothing works. i cant get nemeses to work either.

iv not updated to AE.

THANKS

As explained a great many times in this forum, it's your AV and windows OS 'protections'. You will need to perform the steps outlined in several posts in these forums. See sticky posts and/or search these DynDOLOD forums. The answers are littered all over the place multiple times.

Hi! I'm trying to run TexGen and I'm continually getting this issue.

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Can not copy resource textures\architecture\whiterun\wrdragontile01.dds to C:\Games\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\architecture\whiterun\wrdragontileblack01_n.dds:

[Content]
The system cannot find the path specified

[C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\textures\architecture\whiterun\wrdragontile01.dds]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

I'm aware of the whole "UAC and antivirus are annoying" thing, but I've turned them off. I've also made sure nothing is in my output folder, and just to be doubly sure, that TexGen is an admin. I wonder if the file is actually missing.

Here is a link to the relevant bugfiles: https://ufile.io/f/s9klr (Edit to mention: There was no bug_report file.)

Thank you for the assistance!

Edited by Swifty819
Clarification