Error: Can not rename

SkyrimMadaraUchiha

Question

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Can not rename D:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\DynDOLOD_Output.zip to D:\Modding\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\DynDOLOD_Output.zip.

[Content]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

For qualified help and advice or to report a problem make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Yeah im getting this error when using Dyn DOLOD for Skyrim SE it says its done I choose zip and exit and it just does this error at the end any help?

4 answers to this question

On 6/6/2023 at 5:58 AM, SkyrimMadaraUchiha said:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Can not rename D:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\DynDOLOD_Output.zip to D:\Modding\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\DynDOLOD_Output.zip.

[Content]

For qualified help and advice or to report a problem make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]

Yeah im getting this error when using Dyn DOLOD for Skyrim SE it says its done I choose zip and exit and it just does this error at the end any help?

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log, debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload when making posts.

This is a OS / file system problem.
DynDOLOD uses a OS function to rename rename (move) the file from the first source file to the second destination file failed.
This means there is a problem accessing the source files or copying it to the destination filename because they are blocked by other processes, UAC, anti vir etc. or the destination file already exists but can not be replaced.

Try to do the same with Windows File Explorer, e.g cut/paste the file. Typically the source file should still exist and can just be used as if the move to the output folder was successful.

8 hours ago, SkyrimMadaraUchiha said:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]

[Content]

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]

Did you click the link for more info? Are you using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 128?

There seems to be an inconsistency in your DynDOLOD_Output path.

If that's not the problem, these issues are best resolved on the official DynDOLOD support forum

It would be helpful if you post your DynDOLOD logs as described on the DynDOLOD 3 OP

5 hours ago, SkyrimMadaraUchiha said:

Yeah sorry thought this was where I was supposed to post I did click the link it did not say anything about renaming. And if there is a inconsistency how would I fix it. 

Are you using DynDOLOD 2.xx or DynDOLOD 3 Alpha?

or post your DynDOLOD logs as described on the DynDOLOD 3 OP

Then we can move this to the correct topic.