BethINI Ultra Grass Settings?

mooit

Question

I'd like to inscrease these settings below, and I noticed from High to Ultra BethINI doesn't adjust the Grass Distances any different. I'm trying to create the least amount of pop in.

Skyrim.ini

[Grass]
fGrassFadeRange=14128
fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=6144.0000
fGrassMinStartFadeDistance=0.0000

SkyrimPrefs.ini

[Grass]
fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=6144
fGrassMinStartFadeDistance=0
fGrassStartFadeDistance=6144

THANKS

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I don't use any FPS boost mods...

I do use SSE Display Tweaks, but I've capped it for now at 60fps, still trying to decide if it's better to stick to 60fps, so as to avoid physics issues.

But I did see a cow fall from the sky LOL, so it looks like regardless of the fps, this still exsists, spawning from the sky and capping fps doesn't do anything for it.

I read before that fGrassFadeRange is the best and only one needed to play with. hmm

Ok on Complex...

Speaking of Complex I see a new release;

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/69578

I wish Cathedral grass could be made into a Stand Alone. Sure would be nice to mix and match it with other landscapes mods to see what can be done.

At this point in time I find Tamrielic Textures SE 1 - Landscapes a nice match with Tamrielic green Grass, both quite lush looking. I did try Cathedral - 3D Pine Grass once before, can't remember what I didn't like about it then. Might have to play with it again and compare now to Tamrielic grass.

Does anyone know how the object bounds and color matching are with Cathedral - 3D Pine Grass?

Edited by mooit

5 hours ago, mooit said:

But I did see a cow fall from the sky LOL, so it looks like regardless of the fps, this still exsists, spawning from the sky and capping fps doesn't do anything for it.

This is often caused by either actor render distance or by using larger uGrids.

22 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

This is often caused by either actor render distance or by using larger uGrids.

I haven't touched these settings, and the actor render is whatever BethINI high settings puts it on.

What are safe settings for the actor render?

Are you talking about fLODFadeOutMultActors?

I read something about bUseNavMeshForMovement=1 to correct this, hmm...

THANKS

Edited by mooit

In 1.6.640.0 I tried the latest Cathedral Landscapes update, but there is no difference with grass pop in.

Next, I went back playing with 1.5.97 and the grass fades in better.

This seems like this is not just an SSE issue, but something that has changed in 1.6x that has introduced more grass pop in, but what?

hmm

Edited by mooit