Stupid flickering causes bad quality LODs

InsaneLion

1 hour ago, Kattmandu said:

This will generate DynDOLOD plugins and data files with the version 3.0 instead of version 2.45. Since the large reference bugs workarounds require the use of DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts, no data files for PapyrusUtil are generated and it is not possible to switch.

These statements make no sense to me.

This will generate DynDOLOD plugins and data files with the version 3.0 instead of version 2.45

v3.0 vs 2.45 of what exactly?? DynDOLOD DLL version?? Where would this be indicated. how is it relevant to anyone? No context is provided.

no data files for PapyrusUtil are generated and it is not possible to switch

Not possible to switch what exactly?? I can switch anything I want, including DynDOLOD versions and DynDOLOD DLL versions. No context is provided.

1 hour ago, Kattmandu said:

So I've found that if I disable DynDOLOD DLL NG and uncheck the "Large Reference Bugs Workarounds" box before generating DynDOLOD, the horse stables do not flicker or become blurry in game.  So the question is, to NG or not to NG?  LOL

Use NG version and report anomalies to sheson on the DynDOLOD 3 topic (just as I think you have been doing). This is how it gets fixed and DynDOLOD 3 moves from alpha to beta. Step will always use the cutting edge release of DynDOLOD solutions for this reason.

Progress > stagnation

8 hours ago, z929669 said:

Use NG version and report anomalies to sheson on the DynDOLOD 3 topic (just as I think you have been doing). This is how it gets fixed and DynDOLOD 3 moves from alpha to beta. Step will always use the cutting edge release of DynDOLOD solutions for this reason.

Progress > stagnation

Is there a way to track and be notified when a new version of DynDOLOD DLL NG is uploaded to Nexus?  Currently, only the SE files are able to be browsed and tracked.  All the NG files are archived.  When I first downloaded the NG file from Step, it was the Alpha-2 version.  Yesterday, I happened to check the Step guide and noticed the link now points to the Alpha-3 version.

15 hours ago, Kattmandu said:

I noticed on the Large Reference Bugs Workarounds page, it says "Do not use the workarounds for actual save games. DynDOLOD 3 is still in an alpha test and these workarounds are extra experimental."  Should I not start a new play-through with a DynDOLOD output mod that was created with the "Large reference bugs workarounds" box checked?

LOL. I used this on actual game and had some strange things:
1) Windmills in close distanse a gone.  Stones that grind flour only stayed in mills, other parts are dissapeared. But if you will go to distance, LODs will be. But in close range they are dissapear without stones. And the most stupid thing It is shadows from windmil's blades are here, but this blades are not. LOL. I saw it only near Whiterun and Windhelm, didn't tested in other places. I use Ryn's farms. And Black market. Maybe yet someone too, but I didn't remember all.
2) Gates, addited with Fortified Whiterun changed on something absolutely strange from wood with curve meshes and have a lot Z fighting near this. But LOD objects are without mistakes.
3) Some extremely huge objects addited with Ancient Lands will appear only in close distanse range. It will not work on LOD rules att all.
4) With low uLargeRefLODGridSize a lot object with mods as Imperial Stone-The Forts of Skyrim Redone will not works well with DynDOLOD. They will appear suddenly in close range. You have make uLargeRefLODGridSize 9 minimum. And sometimes bad quality LODs from this objects will not dissapear in close distanse. Even TLL will not help. You have to make restart on F9 to fix it, but it will not fix other bad LODs after. The best choise is close game and restart. And this sickness is with all verions of DynDOLOD DLL things, no matter NG or not.
5) .... n Maybe I could find yet anything, but i didn't be so detailed in other places, only checked in some places that make extremely bad visuals.

But the worst thing in it is that all bad things with close distanse bugs are will not gon even if you disable all DunDOLOD things. Nothing can change it. You have start only NEW GAME to dasable all it. Somewhy it make bad stuff in saves. I saw before maybe few moments, that you can repair with only the fresh game, but this thing will break a lot stuff.

But i didn't cleaned all 150+ active plugins from Disabled problems. I think it all could be problem from it easely. With SSWEditAutoClean I saw a lot of this problems, while i deleted manually some bad not autoclean deletable Navimeshes or some bad objects, that making conflicts between mods. I simly killed things in author's mods.

But one thing is have. Even with uLargeRefLODGridSize = 11 game will be smothly without conflicts of LOD and full rendered objects. I'm about NG DynDOLOD DLL. But it makes breakdowns in a lot other stuff. I wish to shenson successfulwork on it.

4 hours ago, Kattmandu said:

Is there a way to track and be notified when a new version of DynDOLOD DLL NG is uploaded to Nexus?  Currently, only the SE files are able to be browsed and tracked.  All the NG files are archived.  When I first downloaded the NG file from Step, it was the Alpha-2 version.  Yesterday, I happened to check the Step guide and noticed the link now points to the Alpha-3 version.

Not since it's an archived version of the file.

7 hours ago, Kattmandu said:

I've got that mod tagged for Tracking, so I knew something was updated. It is logged here under "Author's activity": https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57264?tab=logs but does not provide a link. I was unaware the STEP link was updated until I saw your post.

16 minutes ago, druisiuil said:

I've got that mod tagged for Tracking, so I knew something was updated. It is logged here under "Author's activity": https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57264?tab=logs but does not provide a link. I was unaware the STEP link was updated until I saw your post.

Yeah, Sheson asked me to update to the latest version when I was uploading my debug file.  So I redownloaded the file from the Step guide link and saw that the Alpha number had changed from 2 to 3.  There's really no way to know when there's an update and the only place I know of to download it is through the link provided in the Step guide.  So I guess I'm going to have to redownload the file once a week to check if it's new or not.

6 minutes ago, z929669 said:

We keep an eye on the DynDOLOD support topic and also check https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds#Requirements

Ah, okay.  I see now.  Thanks!

image.thumb.png.d49bbc472b0ae5e65852a457926c1518.png

18 hours ago, z929669 said:

These statements make no sense to me.

This is typical "shesonspeak" which tries to explain things assuming the reader already knows what he's talking about :)

This will generate DynDOLOD plugins and data files with the version 3.0 instead of version 2.45

v3.0 vs 2.45 of what exactly?? DynDOLOD DLL version?? Where would this be indicated. how is it relevant to anyone? No context is provided.

DynDOLOD plugins (e.g. DynDOLOD.esm) have a version number in the description field of their header:

image.png

Sheson DynDOLOD.esm SSE Generated Plugin
Master to work around game breaking bugs.
Putting thousands of firstborns to work to add dynamic distant object LOD and switch them off when player is near
Version 2.45

When using LR workarounds, version is 3.0.

There are also data files under DynDOLOD Output/SKSE/Plugins, generated by DynDOLOD for use by its DLL or Papyrus scripts. They are not forward or backward compatible between current Papyrus scripts or DLL, and DLL NG (for LR workarounds).

no data files for PapyrusUtil are generated and it is not possible to switch

Not possible to switch what exactly?? I can switch anything I want, including DynDOLOD versions and DynDOLOD DLL versions. No context is provided.

When not using LR workarounds, it's possible to switch back and forth between the PapyrusUtil (default) or DLL variants of the DynDOLOD "runtime" without having to re-generate DynDOLOD Output.

When using LR workarounds, DynDOLOD Output can only be used with DynDOLOD DLL NG. PapyrusUtil runtime is not supported. It's not possible to switch back and forth, as there is only one option.

18 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

This is typical "shesonspeak" which tries to explain things assuming the reader already knows what he's talking about :)

DynDOLOD plugins (e.g. DynDOLOD.esm) have a version number in the description field of their header:

image.png

Sheson DynDOLOD.esm SSE Generated Plugin
Master to work around game breaking bugs.
Putting thousands of firstborns to work to add dynamic distant object LOD and switch them off when player is near
Version 2.45

When using LR workarounds, version is 3.0.

There are also data files under DynDOLOD Output/SKSE/Plugins, generated by DynDOLOD for use by its DLL or Papyrus scripts. They are not forward or backward compatible between current Papyrus scripts or DLL, and DLL NG (for LR workarounds).

When not using LR workarounds, it's possible to switch back and forth between the PapyrusUtil (default) or DLL variants of the DynDOLOD "runtime" without having to re-generate DynDOLOD Output.

When using LR workarounds, DynDOLOD Output can only be used with DynDOLOD DLL NG. PapyrusUtil runtime is not supported. It's not possible to switch back and forth, as there is only one option.

Yeah, I was mostly typing rhetorically, since the missing context is necessary for intuitive comprehension. I for the most part gathered all that, but I wasn't sure about 'switching' ... so the context is "switching between enabling either DLL 2.45 or 3.00 while using the same DynDOLOD output". I know that this causes script errors on game launch, but wasn't clear that these files are the specific cause and hence specific to DLL NG versus non-NG DLL/Papyrus:

image.png