Stupid flickering causes bad quality LODs

InsaneLion

4 minutes ago, MisterMorden said:

If you are saying that the large reference bug workaround check box is greyed out/uncheckable then some requirement is missing.

OKI. Will try again after this in main Profile in MO2, not in Test. And will say results. I hope that i can make all well and Workaround will be appear. Will be more carefully. Thks for help in this moment.

But nobody saied other. What i need have and what need know to edit mods, that make problems in loaded cells with combined LOD and full rendered objects?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MisterMorden said:

Well, all we can hope for is the further development of the large reference bug workarounds that sheson is testing and hoping to incorporate into Dyndolod.

The LR workaround is available now via DynDOLOD DLL NG. We use this in the Step guide, and it works nicely.

3 hours ago, InsaneLion said:

Yes, and use only DynDOLOD things. I thought about this, but if you make ulargereflodgridsize to low 5 or 7 in close distance range you will have a lot weird moments with objects. A lot of them will be appear suddenly and romove suddenly. Or even change form from one type to other. As could I see DynDOLOD works well with 9 ulargereflodgridsize (you will have NOT a lot weird things), but will be appear this stupid LOD moments over ulargereflodgridsize objects.

"This will disable large references outside of ugrids so that the large reference bug (the flickering between lod model and full model because they both occupy the same 3d space) doesn't happen." And thats why I want edit all mods to disable LOD and full model conflicts.

You should be running uGrids = 5 and no higher. Otherwise, you get all kinds of glitching caused by scripts and other strange things due to too many cell references loaded at once. We advise to set to default 5 with NearGridToLoad at 11 (Default BethINI settings and DynDOLOD expectation). Using the DynDOLOD DLL NG with DynDOLOD 3 Alpha resolves most LOD flickering.

When you TFC to LOD, it really isn't 'fair' to LOD. Most of the stuff from your screen is not visible in LOD and could actually be a result of using high uGrids.

2 hours ago, MisterMorden said:

If you are saying that the large reference bug workaround check box is greyed out/uncheckable then some requirement is missing.

To use DynDOLOD DLL NG, you must clean all of your dirty plugins using xEditQuickAutoClean (QAC) for the checkbox to work in DynDOLOD. You can use LOOT to identify all dirty plugins. It takes about 30 minutes to clean all of the AE/AU CC plugins and other vanilla plugins.

These are our DynDOLOD Alpha instructions, and you may want to try our BethINI settings too, which may resolve all of your issues with DynDOLOD.

WTF?
I install in MO scripts and DLL from this
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57264?tab=description
As mods mod and let this overwrite DynDOLOD Resources SE And still DLL and Sripts not NG. Whats wrong? Any thoughts?
Large reference bugs workarounds: disabled (DynDOLOD.DLL: not NG, Scripts: not NG, Deleted references: no)

And this is clear not in version of game. I know what need do.
Disabled all Saves in Saves_backup. Not helped

Edited by InsaneLion

11 minutes ago, InsaneLion said:

WTF?
As mods mod and let this overwrite DynDOLOD Resources SE And still DLL and Sripts not NG. Whats wrong? Any thoughts?

And this is clear not in version of game. I know what need do.

This is the NG version that is harder to find. We keep the link updated here until sheson makes this a standard part of DynDOLOD Alpha.

Install priority you should use is in the guide mod list

:ninja:

43 minutes ago, z929669 said:

To use DynDOLOD DLL NG, you must clean all of your dirty plugins using xEditQuickAutoClean (QAC) for the checkbox to work in DynDOLOD. You can use LOOT to identify all dirty plugins. It takes about 30 minutes to clean all of the AE/AU CC plugins and other vanilla plugins.

Ah yes, this is what I forget...thanks z!

6 minutes ago, InsaneLion said:

WTF?

You need the one here, in the requirements section: https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds

"Requirements - DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 Alpha-3 (Mega) overwrite DynDOLOD Resources SE, do not install older versions of DynDOLOD DLL or the papyrus scripts"

• +1 1

I had something similar after starting a new game using "I own property in one of the holds" in AS-LAL.  I noticed a horse stable, just outside the Hearthfire home I was spawned into, was flickering and blurry.

Edited by Kattmandu

Here's a couple of screenshots showing the blurry and flickering textures.  Obviously you can't see the flickering here but rather in game.  It seems to only be on the vertical posts.  The posts become blurry and flicker as soon as the "DynDOLOD successfully initialized" message pops up on the screen after exiting the Hearthfire home for the first time.  Before the DynDOLOD message appears, they look fine.  LOOT shows no files requiring cleaning.  And uGridsToLoad is 5 and uLargeRefLODGridSize is 11.  So I re-ran DynDOLD setup and started another new game.  Same thing happened.  Can anyone else repeat this using "I own property in one of the holds" in AS-LAL?

image.thumb.png.be8c593c3db7b07573fd5f450093edc2.png

image.thumb.jpeg.f551461703dda50e71060082f5f8d7ab.jpeg

Edited by Kattmandu

2 hours ago, Kattmandu said:

Should I create a new post for this rather than adding to this one?

You should report these issues in the DynDOLOD alpha topic, posting all logs as indicated in the OP. If you are using Step, you are using the experimental Large Reference Fixes option, so reporting quirks to sheson with logs helps everyone.

21 hours ago, z929669 said:

You should report these issues in the DynDOLOD alpha topic, posting all logs as indicated in the OP. If you are using Step, you are using the experimental Large Reference Fixes option, so reporting quirks to sheson with logs helps everyone.

I noticed on the Large Reference Bugs Workarounds page, it says "Do not use the workarounds for actual save games. DynDOLOD 3 is still in an alpha test and these workarounds are extra experimental."  Should I not start a new play-through with a DynDOLOD output mod that was created with the "Large reference bugs workarounds" box checked?

1 hour ago, Kattmandu said:

I noticed on the Large Reference Bugs Workarounds page, it says "Do not use the workarounds for actual save games. DynDOLOD 3 is still in an alpha test and these workarounds are extra experimental."  Should I not start a new play-through with a DynDOLOD output mod that was created with the "Large reference bugs workarounds" box checked?

Honestly, it shouldn't make any difference at all. DynDOLOD has been in alpha for years now, and it hasn't posed any predictable savegame issues that I can think of. This is just another feature that benefits. Any change to plugins relating to a savegame can theoretically cause problems, but most do not. This is why we address it in the changelog introduction and how to avoid the issue if it's a concern.

Technically, it's never a good idea to change a mod build during a playthrough that you really care about finishing. This is why MO has profiles and instances.

So I've found that if I disable DynDOLOD DLL NG and uncheck the "Large Reference Bugs Workarounds" box before generating DynDOLOD, the horse stables do not flicker or become blurry in game.  So the question is, to NG or not to NG?  LOL

Something else from the Large Reference Bugs Workarounds page that's interesting...

Check the Large reference bugs workarounds checkbox to enable the workarounds.

This will generate DynDOLOD plugins and data files with the version 3.0 instead of version 2.45. Since the large reference bugs workarounds require the use of DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts, no data files for PapyrusUtil are generated and it is not possible to switch.

Edited by Kattmandu