DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

12 hours ago, xcal68 said:

Sorry, I know this is old, but I'm having troubles searching.  Can you confirm it is still supposed to work like this?  I'm using the latest release (130), and the occlusion plugin isn't consistently doing this.  I rebuilt from scratch earlier today.  When I started testing/playing, I noticed a water seam.  Looking in xedit, the occlusion plugin had taken an unexpected xcwt-water record 35 times.  Edit - it looks like the occlusion plugin is taking whatever water record dyndolod.esm has, so maybe it's that which is not gathering the correct 'last' record?  Edit - Looks like a few xlcn-location and some editor id records, as well.

Another edit -

Not sure if these are helpful, but here's the plugin and I think the logs you want:  Click (Just realized the plugin will be pointless unless you have the same load order haha...)

Of course it is supposed to copy the winning records.

Unfortunately the debug log in the archive is incomplete. Upload the entire debug log.

Upload DynDOLOD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp when uploading Occlusion.esp. I can check them.

Provide screenshot of a record in xEdit. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#xEdit-Screenshots

Edit: I was able to reproduce this. It happens when not using scripted dynamic LOD - which the latest DynDOLOD DLL NG does not use anymore.
Should be fixed in Alpha-131

Great work on the latest update, does a lot for consistency in child worldspaces! I tried both child > parent and parent > child options. So far, the only thing I ran into was that the exterior Whiterun gate is added to the child worldspace, but you only see it clipping through when you exit and the gate opens. Working flawless otherwise. If needed, logs are here.

And sorry if I missed it, but how does the reference copying work in case of the Markarth worldspace?

11 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload.

If you have mods that add several hundreds of new references in and around towns then maybe that is to be expected. I tested vanilla game with Capital Whiterun Expansion which adds lots of new stuff around Whiterun and it was fine.

Generating LOD with the same load order and settings is going to have the same results.

So I regenerated the LOD and Im losing appx 20 fps in Whiterun with the new Alpha 130/new parent/child-settings in comparison to the old Alpha 128/old settings/resources. For example: with Alpha version 128/resources 37 I got 55-60 fps in the stairs leading up to Dragonsreach (almost no stutters at all) but with the new Alpha 130/resources 38 and the settings above I get only 30-40 fps with a huge amount of stuttering...

Don't really know what's going on here since my LO is exactly the same as before so maybe you could take a look at the logs here. Thanks for your help.

Edited by TheDude

2 hours ago, Phlunder said:

Great work on the latest update, does a lot for consistency in child worldspaces! I tried both child > parent and parent > child options. So far, the only thing I ran into was that the exterior Whiterun gate is added to the child worldspace, but you only see it clipping through when you exit and the gate opens. Working flawless otherwise. If needed, logs are here.

And sorry if I missed it, but how does the reference copying work in case of the Markarth worldspace?

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies#Specific-Reference-Matching
The vanilla maingate use different base records / models in the child and parent world.
To prevent any copying of the vanilla Whiterun gate in any direction, the two form IDs 000383C9 for the child and 0005D2B9 are listed in the DynDOLOD_TES5_ChildworldMatches.txt file.
If the matching logic sees a base record EditorID ending in 'EXT', it will automatically try to match a reference using a base record without ending in 'EXT' at the position.
So that probably means you have a mod adding a new gate reference which then gets copied.

See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to provide in-game screenshots with more informative console to show form ids and how to look up editor IDs in xEdit to know the actual source plugin and form id for references added to the DynDOLOD plugins.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies
Note that Markarth does not use Tamriel for LOD, it has its own very simplified and barren worldspace with LOD, but copying of references is also possible.

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies#Individual-Child-Worldspace-Configuration
Open DynDOLOD_TES5_childworld_MarkarthWorld.ini in notepad to see/edit the individual settings.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies#Settings-for-Parent-gt-Child
Set ScanParent=1 if you want it to have copies of parent world references as well.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, sheson said:

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies#Specific-Reference-Matching
The vanilla maingate use different base records / models in the child and parent world.
To prevent any copying of the vanilla Whiterun gate in any direction, the two form IDs 000383C9 for the child and 0005D2B9 are listed in the DynDOLOD_TES5_ChildworldMatches.txt file.
If the matching logic sees a base record EditorID ending in 'EXT', it will automatically try to match a reference using a base record without ending in 'EXT' at the position.
So that probably means you have a mod adding a new gate reference which then gets copied.

See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to provide in-game screenshots with more informative console to show form ids and how to look up editor IDs in xEdit to know the actual source plugin and form id for references added to the DynDOLOD plugins.

I have no mods adding a new gate reference there. I also did a reverse search for the references of the 2 base records listed. The only thing is USLEEP editing the position of the child world gate reference. Here is a screen, I disabled the interior gate so its better visible:

NDd3O1i.png

5 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

I have no mods adding a new gate reference there. I also did a reverse search for the references of the 2 base records listed. The only thing is USLEEP editing the position of the child world gate reference. Here is a screen, I disabled the interior gate so its better visible:

NDd3O1i.png

So this is about the door itself, not the building.

Look up the form ID in the DynDOLOD.esp in xEdit to find the Editor ID.

2 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

Editor ID is: skyrimesm_01B1F1_WhiterunMainGateRef_WhiterunWorld_DynDOLOD_PARENT_DynDOLOD_NOLOD

Edit DynDOLOD_TES5_ChildworldMatches.txt in notepad and switch the form ids for it around.

skyrim.esm;0001B1F1;skyrim.esm;0001B1F3;
should be
skyrim.esm;0001B1F3;skyrim.esm;0001B1F1;

Whatever comes after this in the line is not important.

Then generate LOD.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheDude said:

So I regenerated the LOD and Im losing appx 20 fps in Whiterun with the new Alpha 130/new parent/child-settings in comparison to the old Alpha 128/old settings/resources. For example: with Alpha version 128/resources 37 I got 55-60 fps in the stairs leading up to Dragonsreach (almost no stutters at all) but with the new Alpha 130/resources 38 and the settings above I get only 30-40 fps with a huge amount of stuttering...

Don't really know what's going on here since my LO is exactly the same as before so maybe you could take a look at the logs here. Thanks for your help.

Note that in particular copying references from a parent worldspace to a child worldspace can result in noticeable higher performance requirements.

Do not check Parent > child if better performance is desired over better visuals.
Performance requirements highly depends on how much additional stuff mods add in and around cities.

Or just disable it for a particular world by setting ScanParent=0 for a child worldspace. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies#Settings-for-Parent-gt-Child

It might be possible generating LOD with NoCellsWithNAVM=1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_childworld_WhiterunWorld.ini has somewhat better performance results, as that not copy things that are right beyond the walls.

When using the large reference bugs workarounds, the large reference system can be disabled via the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM for child worldspaces to regain a bit of of performance compared to not using the workarounds.

40 minutes ago, sheson said:

Edit DynDOLOD_TES5_ChildworldMatches.txt in notepad and switch the form ids for it around.

skyrim.esm;0001B1F1;skyrim.esm;0001B1F3;
should be
skyrim.esm;0001B1F3;skyrim.esm;0001B1F1;

Whatever comes after this in the line is not important.

Then generate LOD.

That fixed it, thanks!

27 minutes ago, sheson said:

Note that in particular copying references from a parent worldspace to a child worldspace can result in noticeable higher performance requirements.

Do not check Parent > child if better performance is desired over better visuals.
Performance requirements highly depends on how much additional stuff mods add in and around cities.

Or just disable it for a particular world by setting ScanParent=0 for a child worldspace. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies#Settings-for-Parent-gt-Child

It might be possible generating LOD with NoCellsWithNAVM=1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_childworld_WhiterunWorld.ini has somewhat better performance results, as that not copy things that are right beyond the walls.

When using the large reference bugs workarounds, the large reference system can be disabled via the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM for child worldspaces to regain a bit of of performance compared to not using the workarounds.

Thanks for the reply.

I regenerated my LOD once again without checking Parent > child and the performance is (of course) a lot better BUT there are also several buildings/models missing outside Whiterun which looks really bad and that was not the case with the Alpha 128/previous patches...

So, I therefore I made a clean save, reverted back to Alpha 128 and Resources 37 (with the EXACT same LO) and Im now once again getting great performance AND no missing buildings/models outside Whiterun. Let me know if you want to have a look at these logfiles as well.

I know its not optimal to use an older Alpha-version but for me its a no-brainer right now since Im getting both excellent performance AND buildings/models outside Whiterun. Which seems to be really hard to achieve with the new version, at least for my setup (although I haven't tried generating LOD with NoCellsWithNAVM=1 yet...).

Edit: Im not using the reference bugs workaround, so can't be that either Im afriad.

Edited by TheDude

49 minutes ago, TheDude said:

Thanks for the reply.

I regenerated my LOD once again without checking Parent > child and the performance is (of course) a lot better BUT there are also several buildings/models missing outside Whiterun which looks really bad and that was not the case with the Alpha 128/previous patches...

So, I therefore I made a clean save, reverted back to Alpha 128 and Resources 37 (with the EXACT same LO) and Im now once again getting great performance AND no missing buildings/models outside Whiterun. Let me know if you want to have a look at these logfiles as well.

I know its not optimal to use an older Alpha-version but for me its a no-brainer right now since Im getting both excellent performance AND buildings/models outside Whiterun. Which seems to be really hard to achieve with the new version, at least for my setup (although I haven't tried generating LOD with NoCellsWithNAVM=1 yet...).

Edit: Im not using the reference bugs workaround, so can't be that either Im afriad.

The Whiterun/Solitude Exterior patch files in older DynDOLOD Resources that got replaced were made for the vanilla references. They do not account for mods changing child or parent worldspaces.
The patches can still be used with latest alpha versions, however they should not be used with the new parent to child worldspace copying together, hence their removal from the latest DynDOLOD Resources. I will make them available as a separate download. It needs additional checks in case users try to use both regardless of instructions.

If performance in Whiterun is a concern, do not install the Whiterun Exterior Grass patch to enable grass.

The large reference bugs workarounds offer an option to regain some performance in child worldspaces by disabling large references in child worldspaces. Regardless of any other options. It will help a it with performance in cities in any case.

19 minutes ago, sheson said:

The Whiterun/Solitude Exterior patch files in older DynDOLOD Resources that got replaced were made for the vanilla references. They do not account for mods changing child or parent worldspaces.
The patches can still be used with latest alpha versions, however they should not be used with the new parent to child worldspace copying together, hence their removal from the latest DynDOLOD Resources. I will make them available as a separate download. It needs additional checks in case users try to use both regardless of instructions.

If performance in Whiterun is a concern, do not install the Whiterun Exterior Grass patch to enable grass.

The large reference bugs workarounds offer an option to regain some performance in child worldspaces by disabling large references in child worldspaces. Regardless of any other options. It will help a it with performance in cities in any case.

I would be great to be able to try out the Whiterun/Solitude Exterior patch files with the latest alpha versions, please let me know if I can assist you in testing this.

Yes, I'm aware of the Whiterun Exterior Grass patch too, but since I've precached my grass it doesnt affect performance that much actually. Thanks anyway.

Ooh, that sounds interesting, I will have a close look at the large reference bugs workarounds then!

14 minutes ago, TheDude said:

I would be great to be able to try out the Whiterun/Solitude Exterior patch files with the latest alpha versions, please let me know if I can assist you in testing this.

Yes, I'm aware of the Whiterun Exterior Grass patch too, but since I've precached my grass it doesnt affect performance that much actually. Thanks anyway.

Ooh, that sounds interesting, I will have a close look at the large reference bugs workarounds then!

Cached grass does not affect the FPS requirement of rendering the full grass. The grass cache removes the need/time required to create grass placements when new cells are loaded.

• +1 1