DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

11 minutes ago, chemistofgor said:

I know what you mean. 3 minutes is actually too fast, based on previous runs. the issue is that i dont think it is generating everything it needs to. it gets stuck on one asset at around 2 minutes, then when i run dyndolod, it doesnt make the lods for tamriel. the window never opens.

TexGen does not get stuck. TexGen completes successfully.
According to the log messages it does not create a few billboards because they are missing full textures. https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures.
Stitched and rendered generated without errors or warnings.

this may help, from dyndolod:
[16:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 427. Check E:\HaydsModlist\Tools\DynDOLOD 3\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt>
[16:01] Error: LOLODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txtDGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds. Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)

by the way, thanks for helping!

3 minutes ago, chemistofgor said:

this may help, from dyndolod:
[16:01] <Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 427. Check E:\HaydsModlist\Tools\DynDOLOD 3\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt>
[16:01] Error: LOLODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txtDGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds. Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)

by the way, thanks for helping!

Read what I wrote in this post https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-131/?do=findComment&comment=273244

Sheson, just reporting back that everything seems to be working great on my end...nothing appearing nor disappearing outside Solitude anymore (though I personally wasn't bothered by any other city, it was just the surrounding mountainside + trees rising up behind Solitude was a particularly unavoidable annoyance). 

Also, I think my issue with the junipers is that I wasn't checking "visible when distant" on my rule as I didn't think they had vanilla lod and so my rule of "full, billboard4, billboard1" wasn't producing any billboards even past lod level 4.  I plan to test this assumption with a run tonight.

42 minutes ago, chemistofgor said:

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which debug logs to also upload.
That means the debug log for DynDOLOD.

Obviously also upload E:\HaydsModlist\Tools\DynDOLOD 3\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt as explained.

38 minutes ago, MisterMorden said:

Sheson, just reporting back that everything seems to be working great on my end...nothing appearing nor disappearing outside Solitude anymore (though I personally wasn't bothered by any other city, it was just the surrounding mountainside + trees rising up behind Solitude was a particularly unavoidable annoyance). 

Also, I think my issue with the junipers is that I wasn't checking "visible when distant" on my rule as I didn't think they had vanilla lod and so my rule of "full, billboard4, billboard1" wasn't producing any billboards even past lod level 4.  I plan to test this assumption with a run tonight.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules#VWD-Visible-When-Distant explains what the flag controls.

The VWD flag determines if the rule is applied or not depending on LOD asset existing or not.

6 minutes ago, chemistofgor said:

I think I see the issue, Sheson. I downloaded a gildergreen tree replacer mod recently, and it seems to include leaves.dds/_n.dds. i did upload that log, initally in the second most recent post, btw.

Where is the debug log for DynDOLOD?

What is the URL of the mod?

5 minutes ago, sheson said:

Where is the debug log for DynDOLOD?

What is the URL of the mod?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/97680

LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

this is the log that mentioned leaves/leaves_n

didnt see anything on the page about not having it active in lod generation. should be as simple as renaming the textures/rerouting the mesh paths

Edit: can confirm tamriel is generating lods now. also, apparently texgen really does complete in 3 minutes now! wow! you're a god dang miracle worker my friend.

Edited by chemistofgor

12 minutes ago, chemistofgor said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/97680

LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

this is the log that mentioned leaves/leaves_n

didnt see anything on the page about not having it active in lod generation. should be as simple as renaming the textures/rerouting the mesh paths

Edit: can confirm tamriel is generating lods now. also, apparently texgen really does complete in 3 minutes now! wow! you're a god dang miracle worker my friend.

Where is the DynDOLOD debug log?

As explained many times before, disabling mods is a troubleshooting step and not a fix. Preventing a problem from happening by disabling something does not fix the actual cause of the problem. The changes of the mod are now not reflected in the LOD patch.

According to your logs, TexGen already completed in about 3 minutes.

5 minutes ago, chemistofgor said:

yes, it did complete that quickly. i was simply applauding the improvements that allowed it to do so! :) I am friends with the mod author of the gildergreen replacer and we are working on a solution on our end

Why do you believe you can or should even attempt to fix problems in the tools?

6 minutes ago, chemistofgor said:

it's not the tools, it looks like the author accidentally used the same texture paths that dyndolod is supposed to create. it was a mistake on their end, from my understanding.

This is not how any of this works. 

I did a quick generation with vanilla + G.I.R.T.H. - Gildergreen Is Really Thicc HD 4k version and there were no errors.