DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

Alpha 9 had a rather bizarre error: "ESM to ESP DynDOLOD.esm OBGateFull01aGrey_DynDOLOD_LOD [sTAT:9B00225B]"

Log: https://pastebin.com/4uBUkNG2
Debug Log: https://mega.nz/file/oxd2RRQB#6cQzzrgELFhuTw3J-XhWFdJL6ubYpn4IGLY9fkf2Etw

I think the ObGate is from Open Cities, but I'm certain I followed the Open Cities LOD instructions properly.

EDIT: Wait..Is it possible that the 9B spot in the loadorder is Occlusion.esp? I might not have disabled it...

No, I double checked, occlusion is definitely disabled.

Edited by DarthVitrial

I am getting something similar to Darth

[01:39] <Debug: Processing JKs Skyrim.esp [REFR:36012611] (places XJKWRLampPost01bSSE [sTAT:36019088] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunPlainsDistrict01 [CELL:0001A278] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F] at 5,-3))>
[01:39] ESM to ESP DynDOLOD.esm XJKWRLampPost01bSSE_DynDOLOD_LOD [sTAT:F600109C]
[01:39] [Tamriel] Processing 1173 child worldspace references

Getting this fatal error at the start of the generation:

[Main Instruction]
Plugin load order too high to copy record into DynDOLOD.esp Unipatch.esp SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF]

I do have over 255 plugins, but the majority of them are ESL-flagged ESPs.

Alpha 9 had a rather bizarre error: "ESM to ESP DynDOLOD.esm OBGateFull01aGrey_DynDOLOD_LOD [sTAT:9B00225B]"

Log: https://pastebin.com/4uBUkNG2

Debug Log: https://mega.nz/file/oxd2RRQB#6cQzzrgELFhuTw3J-XhWFdJL6ubYpn4IGLY9fkf2Etw

I think the ObGate is from Open Cities, but I'm certain I followed the Open Cities LOD instructions properly.

EDIT: Wait..Is it possible that the 9B spot in the loadorder is Occlusion.esp? I might not have disabled it...

No, I double checked, occlusion is definitely disabled.

Sorry for the late reply, had to IRL a bit. I reran with alpha 9 and received this error:

https://imgur.com/a/i75yIJI

A bug report curiously wasn't generated. But here's the other logs:

https://ufile.io/f/87e57

This should be fixed in Alpha-10. 

Okay, DynDOLOD has successfully completed with grass billboards in the lod4. Just have a few questions now:

1. There seems to be a quite noticeable colour difference, was that an issue with my settings or a limitation of texgen? Picture: https://imgur.com/a/nUDvBcc

2. What performance differences should we expect vs running just the grass mods extended view distance? Seems like performance is better with the billboards from the small gameplay test I did.

Okay, DynDOLOD has successfully completed with grass billboards in the lod4. Just have a few questions now:

1. There seems to be a quite noticeable colour difference, was that an issue with my settings or a limitation of texgen? Picture: https://imgur.com/a/nUDvBcc

2. What performance differences should we expect vs running just the grass mods extended view distance? Seems like performance is better with the billboards from the small gameplay test I did.

First, test without weather mods. Test without ENB, see if either has an influence. Maybe also want to test with vanilla grass models/textures to learn which things have affects.

This is basically the tree LOD brightness problem in reverse, as the grass in the loaded cells doesn't have the complete lighting like normal models and object LOD has. Some time in the future we might be able to have a custom LOD shader or a better grass shader that make things match better without tricks:

"In case the grass LOD brightness or color seems off (it might depend on weathers or ENB settings), change the GrassBrightnessTop and GrassBrightnessBottom settings in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini."

"To test different GrassBrightnessTop or GrassBrightnessBottom settings, change GrassLargeReference in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_[WORLDSPACE].txt, start DynDOLOD in expert mode, select the desired worldpace and click the Execute LODGen button. Then merge the new output with the existing output, overwriting all older files."

"To speed things up, limit generation to LOD Level 4 by using the Specific Chunk dropdowns."

You could try to increase/lower direct/ambient light in TexGen to generate brighter billboards. Read "Rebuild Atlas" in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Expert.html how just to update the object atlas texture with the new billboards.

You could also test if setting min billboards size to 64 or 128 has an effect.

2. For the same distance, 4 triangles per grass placement is always better than any of the full model grass. In addition, all the different grass billboards are combined into large super meshes for each LOD quad.

Edited by sheson

What is the limit for the number of ESPs this version can handle at once? I disabled enough plugins to go well below the 254 mark, but I still get the "plugin load order too high" error that prevents the generation from running.

Pretty sure this is totally harmless, but since its an alpha I figured I'll point out everything:

NifScan points out the following error message:

dyndolod_flat_2x2_lod.nif: Block [0]: Name PassThru SphereNormals is used more than once in children nodes

dyndolod_flat_3x2_lod.nif: Block [0]: Name PassThru SphereNormals is used more than once in children nodes

In my experience this can be fixed just by resaving it in NifSkope, since that will make NifSkope sanitize block names.

Pretty sure this is totally harmless, but since its an alpha I figured I'll point out everything:

NifScan points out the following error message:

dyndolod_flat_2x2_lod.nif: Block [0]: Name PassThru SphereNormals is used more than once in children nodes

dyndolod_flat_3x2_lod.nif: Block [0]: Name PassThru SphereNormals is used more than once in children nodes

In my experience this can be fixed just by resaving it in NifSkope, since that will make NifSkope sanitize block names.

This is not an error, is fully intended and should not be changed.

dyndolod.esp has a number of ITMs in it.

emoving: JaphetsFollyStart01 [CELL:00094B4C] (in JaphetsFollyWorld "Japhet's Folly" [WRLD:00094B35] at -1,-1)
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block -1, -1
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Block -1, -1
Removing: JaphetsFollyMarkers [CELL:00094B4B] (in JaphetsFollyWorld "Japhet's Folly" [WRLD:00094B35] at -1,0)
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block -1, 0
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Block -1, 0
Removing: [CELL:00094B48] (in JaphetsFollyWorld "Japhet's Folly" [WRLD:00094B35] at 0,1)
Removing: [CELL:00094B44] (in JaphetsFollyWorld "Japhet's Folly" [WRLD:00094B35] at 1,0)
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block 0, 0
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Block 0, 0
Removing: [CELL:00027954] (in SkuldafnWorld "Skuldafn" [WRLD:000278DD] at 48,-11)
Removing: SkuldafnCourtyard [CELL:00027946] (in SkuldafnWorld "Skuldafn" [WRLD:000278DD] at 49,-12)
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block 6, -2
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Block 1, -1
Removing: [CELL:00023772] (in Blackreach "Blackreach" [WRLD:0001EE62] at -2,2)
Removing: BlackreachPumpStation [CELL:000237D7] (in Blackreach "Blackreach" [WRLD:0001EE62] at 2,3)
Removing: [CELL:000237CD] (in Blackreach "Blackreach" [WRLD:0001EE62] at 3,4)
Removing: [CELL:000237C9] (in Blackreach "Blackreach" [WRLD:0001EE62] at 2,5)
Removing: [CELL:000237C8] (in Blackreach "Blackreach" [WRLD:0001EE62] at 3,5)
Removing: AlftandBlackreach01 [CELL:000237BD] (in Blackreach "Blackreach" [WRLD:0001EE62] at 5,4)
Removing: [CELL:000237BA] (in Blackreach "Blackreach" [WRLD:0001EE62] at 5,1)
Removing: BlackreachSewerEntrance [CELL:0001EE6F] (in Blackreach "Blackreach" [WRLD:0001EE62] at 1,1)

Should I upload my esp so you can check?

Sorry for the triple post, btw.

Edited by DarthVitrial

After updating to 3.00 Alpha 11 I finally managed to generate grass LOD for Veydosebrom Regions.

Total size of LOD meshes is more than 16 Gb  ^_^, and I'm getting infinite loading screen when I'm trying to load exterior cell in game.

Must be I need to reduce grass density before LOD generation, though it was not too high, I used iMinGrassSize=50.

Here is an example of LOD mesh - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LXMH5DJxESUEyadwF-lbkYCAKm9nLqyQ/view?usp=sharing

tZJV82g.jpg