DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

9 hours ago, z929669 said:

FYI: I have confirmed that using "End Task" to force-kill AMD Adrenaline and other related AMD processes on my system resolves the long-running TexGen process. Tested with same LO, and my 35 minute TexGen run was reduced to about 4 minutes as expected. I haven't tested with DynDOLOD runtime yet.

Running latest Adrenaline drivers and Alpha 118

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Long running time or output several GB in file size"
Crapware installed with graphics drivers is known to prolong running times. Install only the drivers and not any of the bloatware.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

LODGen failed after quite a long time testing a new land/grass setup with Veydogolt Overhaul, Veydogolt Trees, and Veydogolt Trees - Extra Trees after cleaning out all of the redundant NIFs (found by deduction using combinations of the DynDOLOD xEdit scripts) and re-making all of the LODs correctly. Only DynDOLOD.esm was saved. No bugreport.txt generated.

Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned C0000005. Check C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds. Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)

Logs

suspect plugins

This mod has lots of grasses. I have 64 Gb RAM, and memory use never went above 60%, but CPU maxed at times for LODGenx64.

By the way, the fixed Veydogolt tree you posted earlier I think is mislabeled as treepineforest03, but I have this one as treepineforest04_F7CE5204passthru_lod.nif and have verified against the full source that is referenced by skyrim.esm. Veydogolt Trees has no plugin and is supposed to only be providing models for vanilla with custom textures. A variant of treepineforest04 also exists in the tree mod under a subfolder with corresponding treepineforest04_02B81171passthru_lod.nif. I have fixed this by placing that subfolder under the appropriate mod, Veydogolt Trees - Extra Trees, whose plugin references this tree. Anyway, my issue is related to LODGen and not in-game CTD.

I don't think the LODGen fail is related to trees after applying my fixes, but there are three full models with radius 0.00 that I did not fix, so not sure if that would disrupt. I'm thinking it's related to all the grass records in Veydogolt.esp. My next step is to generate by worldspace and possibly run occlusion separately.

System specs are in my sig.

EDIT: After attempting a run on only DLC2SolsteimWorld, LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt failed at different coordinates than in the first run, so it's not any particular BTO, I assume.

LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt 1.92 kB · 0 downloads

As explained on the first post, use "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" to open https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-118/
C0000005 - If happening randomly can be a sign of hardware issues like CPU or memory being unstable.

This is not a problem with a specific NIF. LODGEn does not use, read or write any plugins. The Windows Event log might have more information. Install latest  .Net runtime 7 and/or test with LODGenx64.exe for .Net Framwork 4.8 by hiding LODGenx64Win.4exe.

No idea what redundant NIFs are or why they are suspected to be a problem in this case. The tree/object reports in the log folder explain which assets are being used in case there are duplicate filenames in different folders.

The NIF I fixed for the tree in this post, was uploaded by the user. I did not change its filename. It fixed the users CTD. The user found that file by checking what model a base record defined which was involved in a CTD.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Radius-00
LODGen does not care about the radius of models.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sheson said:

Moved to the DynODLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

See https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Long running time or output several GB in file size" and "High memory usage / Out of memory" and https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data#Out-of-Memory-while-Generating-Occlusion-Data

Alrighty, my bad. here you go:

DyndolodDebug.log:

https://ufile.io/7tqig6n9

and the bug report log file:

https://ufile.io/b3td747c

Thats all I have. This is the latest debug files after I let Dyndolod run again the Occlusion generation today (or rather tonight). Took almost 5 hours again, just for the Occlusion only, and in the end it didn't even finish this time, it crashed for some reason it seems. Hope these files give some input into whats going on.

Also, already tried all the memory fixes you posted, but they didn't help.

Edited by Oozaru85

12 minutes ago, Oozaru85 said:

Alrighty, my bad. here you go:

DyndolodDebug.log:

https://ufile.io/7tqig6n9

and the bug report log file:

https://ufile.io/b3td747c

Thats all I have. This is the latest debug files after I let Dyndolod run again the Occlusion generation today (or rather tonight). Took almost 5 hours again, just for the Occlusion only, and in the end it didn't even finish this time, it crashed for some reason it seems. Hope these files give some input into whats going on.

The debug log indicates that you did not change the OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=1 as suggested by https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data#Out-of-Memory-while-Generating-Occlusion-Data that I linked.

If it still has an access violation saving the Occlusion.esp in that case, upload new log, debug and bugreport.txt.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

The debug log indicates that you did not change the OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=1 as suggested by https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data#Out-of-Memory-while-Generating-Occlusion-Data that I linked.

If it still has an access violation saving the Occlusion.esp in that case, upload new log, debug and bugreport.txt.

Yeah, I changed that back to 4 because it didnt do anything. I set it to 1 again and am rerunning the occlusion generation now. I started at 10:00am (CET) and my system has been frozen since then and its 10:48am now. Im doing just Tamriel again this time. No other world spaces. But if this takes 5 hours again, Im done with this.

Will post the logs as soon as Dyndolod finishes.

8 minutes ago, Oozaru85 said:

Yeah, I changed that back to 4 because it didnt do anything. I set it to 1 again and am rerunning the occlusion generation now. I started at 10:00am (CET) and my system has been frozen since then and its 10:48am now. Im doing just Tamriel again this time. No other world spaces. But if this takes 5 hours again, Im done with this.

Will post the logs as soon as Dyndolod finishes.

Set OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=1 and upload that log, debug and bugreport.txt if it exists. The setting does indeed something.

Also read the other suggestions at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data#Out-of-Memory-while-Generating-Occlusion-Data

37 minutes ago, sheson said:

Set OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=1 and upload that log, debug and bugreport.txt if it exists. The setting does indeed something.

Also read the other suggestions at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data#Out-of-Memory-while-Generating-Occlusion-Data

I did that, but I have to wait for the occlusion generation process to finish before any logs are being updated, dont I? Cant just cancel the process, no logs will be created then, will they?

And as I already mentioned, I did all the other suggestions you linked. My load order hasnt changed since the last time I generated my Dyndolod Output few weeks ago (besides adding a few armor and skse mods). It worked with no issues back then, didnt even take an hour and didnt freeze my system. Im also not using grass lod. I have no idea why Occlusion generation takes 5 hours suddenly and freezes my whole system. Never did that before with the same load order.

1 hour 40 minutes past now btw, my system is still frozen, system clock still at 10:00am (its 11:42am now), and Dyndolod is still running (even tho no progress is visible due to the system being frozen). I fear this will take as long as last night, again. Even with OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=1. Im at my wits end here. Waiting for this to finish and spit out some usable logs.

29 minutes ago, Oozaru85 said:

I did that, but I have to wait for the occlusion generation process to finish before any logs are being updated, dont I? Cant just cancel the process, no logs will be created then, will they?

And as I already mentioned, I did all the other suggestions you linked. My load order hasnt changed since the last time I generated my Dyndolod Output few weeks ago (besides adding a few armor and skse mods). It worked with no issues back then, didnt even take an hour and didnt freeze my system. Im also not using grass lod. I have no idea why Occlusion generation takes 5 hours suddenly and freezes my whole system. Never did that before with the same load order.

1 hour 40 minutes past now btw, my system is still frozen, system clock still at 10:00am (its 11:42am now), and Dyndolod is still running (even tho no progress is visible due to the system being frozen). I fear this will take as long as last night, again. Even with OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=1. Im at my wits end here. Waiting for this to finish and spit out some usable logs.\

The log and debug log are usually written when the program is closes. For example via the X top right and then simply letting it shut down after acknowledging any message.

If the OS freezes, then there is something wrong with the OS or maybe it is misconfigured or some third party driver or software might be interfering or there could be an hardware issue.

See what happens when using latest xLODGen terrain LOD beta to generate occlusion for Tamriel.

42 minutes ago, Oozaru85 said:

Alright, occlusion generation finished now, after 3(!) hours. Attached the log file. The debug log has not updated after I restarted Dyndolod, but I'm gonna attach it anyway. Also, no bug log generated this time since the process finished successfully.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 672.69 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 370.16 kB · 0 downloads

The debug log is saved when the program closes just after the the normal log is appended to. It may take a bit. Maybe check if it updated.

How large is the ..\Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Objects\ output folder? You just have HLT with ultra tree LOD?

Mod list etc; - https://loadorderlibrary.com/lists/guywithoneeyes-list

Screenshots + various logs I thought might be relevant (there's no bugreport.txt) - https://ufile.io/1l9d4gzh

Hi there, pretty new to modding so I may get some terms wrong or whatever, but I'm having issues generating tree lods that change properly with the seasons. I'm using Happy Little Trees with Seasons of Skyrim and Turn of the Seasons. I am also NOT using the 3D models provided by Happy Little Trees.

The problem is a lot of pine trees are seemingly randomly using variants of ASPEN billboards/lods instead of the intended pine variant, or using non snowy pines for snowy pines. Up close everything looks as it should. I should also note this only seems to happen for spring, summer and winter. NOT in autumn. Maybe I should note that my current game save is in autumn, maybe that's relevant. And the amount of aspens/mismatched lods seem to vary for each season as well. The actual aspen trees near Riften seem to change just fine.

Everything else seems to be fine other than the terrain of course, and I did use xlodgen when I first started trying this but since I had issues with the trees I removed it completely to test everything. I'll also note I have used LOOT a hundred times, cleaned EVERY plugin it said to clean including the base game stuff, and made clean saves indoors while testing all of this. I've tried removing EVERYTHING needed for DynDOLOD and redownloading and reinstalling everything from scratch. I've made sure that I checked the seasons box, with all five seasons options, and selected all the worldspaces. I have not touched any of the default settings other than the "snow" setting and setting quality. I've been googling and searching for anyone else with this issue and I couldn't find anything.

I could be wrong (I've been at this for a few days) but I think I had it working once, but the terrain looked off because I didn't know about xlodgen at the time for terrain generation. I believe the issue start after I started from scratch with xlodgen, but again I could be misremembering and it might have always been an issue with the trees.

I'm not really sure how to figure this out being pretty new to this, and I can't really make sense of the console info in the screenshots and how that would lead to a solution, maybe someone here can help. Hopefully I provided everything you need but I can get more screenshots or whatever if you need them. I tried to make sure it's clear which tree I'm clicking on as well and demonstrating how they change.

Thanks!

40 minutes ago, GuyWithOneEye said:

Mod list etc; - https://loadorderlibrary.com/lists/guywithoneeyes-list

Screenshots + various logs I thought might be relevant (there's no bugreport.txt) - https://ufile.io/1l9d4gzh

Hi there, pretty new to modding so I may get some terms wrong or whatever, but I'm having issues generating tree lods that change properly with the seasons. I'm using Happy Little Trees with Seasons of Skyrim and Turn of the Seasons. I am also NOT using the 3D models provided by Happy Little Trees.

The problem is a lot of pine trees are seemingly randomly using variants of ASPEN billboards/lods instead of the intended pine variant, or using non snowy pines for snowy pines. Up close everything looks as it should. I should also note this only seems to happen for spring, summer and winter. NOT in autumn. Maybe I should note that my current game save is in autumn, maybe that's relevant. And the amount of aspens/mismatched lods seem to vary for each season as well. The actual aspen trees near Riften seem to change just fine.

Everything else seems to be fine other than the terrain of course, and I did use xlodgen when I first started trying this but since I had issues with the trees I removed it completely to test everything. I'll also note I have used LOOT a hundred times, cleaned EVERY plugin it said to clean including the base game stuff, and made clean saves indoors while testing all of this. I've tried removing EVERYTHING needed for DynDOLOD and redownloading and reinstalling everything from scratch. I've made sure that I checked the seasons box, with all five seasons options, and selected all the worldspaces. I have not touched any of the default settings other than the "snow" setting and setting quality. I've been googling and searching for anyone else with this issue and I couldn't find anything.

I could be wrong (I've been at this for a few days) but I think I had it working once, but the terrain looked off because I didn't know about xlodgen at the time for terrain generation. I believe the issue start after I started from scratch with xlodgen, but again I could be misremembering and it might have always been an issue with the trees.

I'm not really sure how to figure this out being pretty new to this, and I can't really make sense of the console info in the screenshots and how that would lead to a solution, maybe someone here can help. Hopefully I provided everything you need but I can get more screenshots or whatever if you need them. I tried to make sure it's clear which tree I'm clicking on as well and demonstrating how they change.

Thanks!

Read the first post which DynDOLOD debug log to also upload.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Billboard tree LOD does not match close-up full model trees" and "Billboard tree LOD shows in active exterior cells"

For example for screenshot 1d.jpg, base record form ID is 0004B016

DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt tells us which billboard is being used:

TreePineForest03 [TREE:0004B016] Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforest03.nif [CRC32:1782C868] using textures\landscape\trees\northern hemispheres\pineatlas.dds, textures\landscape\trees\northern hemispheres\pineatlas_n.dds, textures\landscape\trees\northern hemispheres\pinebark.dds, textures\landscape\trees\northern hemispheres\pinebark_n.dds 
	Replaced tree, Billboard found, 3D LOD model not found treepineforest03_1782C868
	Billboard_0: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforest03_0004b016.dds, textures\default_n.dds
	Dynamic: Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforest03.nif using textures\landscape\trees\northern hemispheres\pineatlas.dds, textures\landscape\trees\northern hemispheres\pineatlas_n.dds, textures\landscape\trees\northern hemispheres\pinebark.dds, textures\landscape\trees\northern hemispheres\pinebark_n.dds
	LOD4: Billboard1 using internal
	LOD8: Billboard1 using internal
	LOD16: Billboard1 using internal

Check if the winning billboard texture textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforest03_0004b016.dds (should be in TexGen output) visually matches the winning Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforest03.nif. Use MO2 right window data tab or better yet xEdit Asset Browser (started with CTRL+F3).

Repeat for a couple other trees.

17 hours ago, sheson said:

The debug log is saved when the program closes just after the the normal log is appended to. It may take a bit. Maybe check if it updated.

How large is the ..\Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Objects\ output folder? You just have HLT with ultra tree LOD?

The output folder without the occlusion esp is 6GB. 

HLT? Do you mean Happy Little Trees? If so, then no, not just that. I have HLT with ultra tree LODs but also the ultra tree LODs for Aspen Ablaze. But Ive been using them before with the same Dyndolod settings (lod4=level0, lod8=level1, lod16=level2) and never had any such issues. As I said, nothing changed there. Dunno why I'm suddenly having such issues.

Oh, you mean just the Tamriel output? Not sure, Im not at home rn. Will have to check later. But since its the biggest output I assume its at least 4-5GB.

Alright, so the Tamriel folder has 6.75GB. Pretty big. Still, I'm pretty sure it wasn't that much smaller the last time I ran Dyndolod without these issues. So it's kinda hard to believe this is an issue now. 

I will try generating occlusion with the latest LodGen, tho I doubt this is gonna change anything.

Nope, same thing with the latest xLodGen. Also, my CPU goes up to 100% and RAM to 99%, before my system freezes completely. 

My specs aren't that bad, however:

i5-10400F

GTX 1080

16 Gigs DDR4

Win10 Pro  64-bit (SSD)

And Dyndolod and SSE as well as my MO2 mod folder are also on an SSD (all on the same one, not the system one tho).

11 hours ago, sheson said:

LOD Occlusion data can not cause CTD.

The Nexus mod pages linked from https://dyndolod.info/Downloads always have the latest version.

Thanks! Yes, I doubted it was the cause but it showed up in my crash report (the actual, unrelated, cause of the crash was identified and corrected) so, just in case, I ran it again and thoroughly fixed each potential error. If there is no issue with SKSE then I'm all set. Thanks for the help! 

I'm constantly getting this error when trying to use DyndoLOD64:

"ErrorCreatingRenderContent Not Enough Memory resources are available to process this command"

Using the latest build published to Nexus, too.

I have more than enough RAM to handle this, too, given I have 64 gigs.

Edited by DreadedNautilus