DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

Really was hoping to not have to post but I'm at a loss here. Just regenerating my LOD for a new trees plugin/new mods and the DynDOLOD process keeps getting stuck 45 minutes into generation with no errors to be seen, it just kinda dies. See attached screenshot, it completes all the object LODGen.exe popups and then once the final window closes, DynDOLOD just doesn't update or generate the .esp/occlusion data. Just sits like this, not updating the time elapsed or anything. I also included folder information/current time/task manager useage to try to provide as much info as I can. Immediately after the exe's finished Taking Your Firstborn was at about 1,600 MB and since has dropped dramatically and is just staying around 436 MB. After about 30 minutes of non responsiveness I really don't know if it's just "taking a long time" or something is wrong, as I have never had problems with the LOD gen process like this before.

Quick update, now, 45 minute after the exe's finished, memory usage has dropped to about 15 MB. I assume this means the process is not gonna complete and I have literally no idea what's going on to cause it to not. 

DynDOLODWontFinish.PNG

6 hours ago, quochunganhphu said:

i have purple LOD with the 101 update, it wasn't the case before, checked log files showing a lot of missing textures

Reveal hidden contents

Read the first post which entire log and debug log (in this case from TexGen and DynDOLOD) to upload when making posts.

5 hours ago, xcal68 said:

Just confirming the same issue with texgen as quochunganhphu.

I'll see about logs if I have time later.  Just confirming for now.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts. 

11 minutes ago, rileymil said:

Really was hoping to not have to post but I'm at a loss here. Just regenerating my LOD for a new trees plugin/new mods and the DynDOLOD process keeps getting stuck 45 minutes into generation with no errors to be seen, it just kinda dies. See attached screenshot, it completes all the object LODGen.exe popups and then once the final window closes, DynDOLOD just doesn't update or generate the .esp/occlusion data. Just sits like this, not updating the time elapsed or anything. I also included folder information/current time/task manager useage to try to provide as much info as I can. Immediately after the exe's finished Taking Your Firstborn was at about 1,600 MB and since has dropped dramatically and is just staying around 436 MB. After about 30 minutes of non responsiveness I really don't know if it's just "taking a long time" or something is wrong, as I have never had problems with the LOD gen process like this before.

Quick update, now, 45 minute after the exe's finished, memory usage has dropped to about 15 MB. I assume this means the process is not gonna complete and I have literally no idea what's going on to cause it to not. 

DynDOLODWontFinish.PNG

Try to close the program normally (not kill it) so the log and debug log files are created and upload them.
For next run add RealTimeLog=1 under [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

Check if the program still uses CPU.  Check with task manager if there are any LODGen/Texconv processes still running in the background it might be waiting for.

Check if it runs through without enabling the worldspace BSHeartland.

7 hours ago, Francis said:

Apologies if I've missed something at https://dyndolod.info/Help/xLODGen which the error referrred to.

I've followed the install instruction twice on the website and run texgen successfully, when I go to run DynDOLOD it throws this error up and I am not exactly what is causing it or what I should do to resolve. Any advice would be much appreciated!

"Broken Tamriel terrain LOD meshes detected."

"Some terrain LOD meshes generated by Oscape have bugs resulting in severe visual issues.

Permamently remove the broken terrain LOD meshes or use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD meshes to overwrite the broken terrain LOD meshes.

Ignoring this problem means there will be broken and missing terrain LOD in certain areas.

Object LOD and Occlusion can not be generated correctly unless there are proper terrain LOD meshes installed."

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 alpha thread.

The cause is explained in the message. "Broken Tamriel terrain LOD meshes detected." and "Some terrain LOD meshes generated by Oscape have bugs resulting in severe visual issues" - You have installed a mod that contains broken terrain LOD meshes.

How to resolve it is explained in the message. "Permamently remove the broken terrain LOD meshes or use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD meshes to overwrite the broken terrain LOD meshes" - Remove the broken terran LOD meshes or generate valid ones with xLODGen.

As explained in the first post, click the link "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" to open additional help.

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites
Typically generate terrain LOD meshes and textures with xLODGen before generating the LOD mod with DynDOLOD, as the terrain LOD meshes are used to optimize object LOD meshes.

2 minutes ago, sheson said:

Try to close the program normally (not kill it) so the log and debug log files are created and upload them.
For next run add RealTimeLog=1 under [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

Check if the program still uses CPU.  Check with task manager if there are any LODGen/Texconv processes still running in the background it might be waiting for.

Check if it runs through without enabling the worldspace BSHeartland.

Awesome gonna try that setting and run it without the Bruma worldspace as well. In the meantime here are my logs if that would help or interest you pertaining to this issue. Also restarted my computer before that second attempt, the same thing happened so I assume its not any leftover TexGen or other processes. 

Debug Log https://paste.ee/p/qiO4L

Log https://paste.ee/p/3FjAp

5 minutes ago, rileymil said:

Awesome gonna try that setting and run it without the Bruma worldspace as well. In the meantime here are my logs if that would help or interest you pertaining to this issue. Also restarted my computer before that second attempt, the same thing happened so I assume its not any leftover TexGen or other processes. 

Debug Log https://paste.ee/p/qiO4L

Log https://paste.ee/p/3FjAp

Upload the entire log and the entire debug log.

I ran into an issue with Alpha-101 using TexGen for Enderal LE. The process seems to run out of memory with a vanilla texture. Another issue I had with earlier versions as well is that for a few tree types (as statics) that I flagged with Has Tree LOD and given proper bounds, TexGen doesn't generate normals (just flat ones). One example for that would be 000880FA;_00E_TropicalTree_Trunk01. 

Here are the logs.

17 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

I ran into an issue with Alpha-101 using TexGen for Enderal LE. The process seems to run out of memory with a vanilla texture. Another issue I had with earlier versions as well is that for a few tree types (as statics) that I flagged with Has Tree LOD and given proper bounds, TexGen doesn't generate normals (just flat ones). One example for that would be 000880FA;_00E_TropicalTree_Trunk01. 

Here are the logs.

I have no problem with generating the stitched object LOD texture tropicalfloor which had the error in your log.

If it always the same texture, check if it is valid / upload it.

If it is not always the same texture, see if setting RenderThreads=1 helps.

Do not install the game into special Windows folders like Program Files x86 to avoid issues with OS file permissions, UAC, anti vir etc.

6 minutes ago, sheson said:

I have no problem with generating the stitched object LOD texture tropicalfloor which had the error in your log.

If it always the same texture, check if it is valid / upload it.

If it is not always the same texture, see if setting RenderThreads=1 helps.

It is always a different texture, ridgedstonewall and now cavebasewall05. I also set the RenderThreads to 1 in the TexGen_ENDERAL.ini but I get the same error. I'll see if a reboot fixes it, but I never seen that problem before on my system/setup either.

11 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

It is always a different texture, ridgedstonewall and now cavebasewall05. I also set the RenderThreads to 1 in the TexGen_ENDERAL.ini but I get the same error. I'll see if a reboot fixes it, but I never seen that problem before on my system/setup either.

Use the x64 version.

If that does not help add TextureCache=10 to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_ENDERAL.ini

The trunks seemingly having flat normal map seems to be another issue I am looking into.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sheson said:

Use the x64 version.

If that does not help add TextureCache=10 to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_ENDERAL.ini

The trunks seemingly having flat normal map seems to be another issue I am looking into.

Oh my, I seemed to never have updated my paths in MO2 for DynDOLOD/TexGen for my Enderal setup. Sorry for that. Works fine with x64 version!

10 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

Oh my, I seemed to never have updated my paths in MO2 for DynDOLOD/TexGen for my Enderal setup. Sorry for that. Works fine with x64 version!

Great!

Regarding the flat normalmaps, IIRC this came up before.

For example the Enderal\landscape\Tropical\Vegetation\Trunk01.nif has 0 0 0  tangents/bitangents.
You can also see in NifSkope, that it does not react to direct light, only ambient.

Fix those with NifSkope and they should have nice normal maps generated.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, sheson said:

Great!

Regarding the flat normalmaps, IIRC this came up before.

For example the Enderal\landscape\Tropical\Vegetation\Trunk01.nif has 0 0 0  tangnents/bitangents.
You can also see in NifSkope, that it also does not react to direct light, only ambient.

Fix those with NifSkope and they should have nice normal maps generated.

That indeed fixed it! I just updated tangent space for all of them, not sure if something else is necessary, but looks fine now! Thanks a lot.

image.png