DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

Hi I am using the latest version of DynDOLOD 3 -68518-Alpha and after running it 2 modded houses I used were buried under rock; Frostvale Estate which is just up the path from Windhelm stables and before you get to the turning for Kynsgrove and Winterberry Chateau which is just outside of Morthal, both are kinda set into the mountains already.  Can anyone explain what causes that to happen? Usually if I turn a mod off once Dyn has run MO2 alerts me (the previous version did) but it never did with this most recent version when I turned those mods off after as I couldn't use them so I am wondering if Dyn simply didn't find them. I am lost, I deleted the output files and was going to try again tomorrow once I'm home but if anyone knows what causes this to happen I would appreciate it.

This is Frostvale Estate buried under rock.  

uQWG0uW.png

3 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I am still testing, but I mostly have the configs for the vanilla stitched object LOD textures complete for Fallout 4.

However, I did notice an issue with a very popular mod in my list that causes the output to contain a bad texture. FlaconOil's Complete Retexture Project erroneously includes a few textures in sRGB instead of linear, and while it doesn't appear to cause apparent artifacts in game, it causes the generated LOD texture to be incorrect. Specifically, the textures\architecture\diamondcity\corrugatedmetal02_d.dds inside the FlaconOil - BA2 2K - Part3 file is saved as DXGI_FORMAT_BC1_UNORM_SRGB.

Perhaps a warning could be added for when an input texture is in sRGB instead of linear? Or perhaps it could convert to linear upon generation?

I will also try to reach out to the mod author so they can hopefully correct this oversight.

Included are the logs, the configs, and the output incorrect texture. https://mega.nz/file/pY4l1RLb#J3mIXjYuONKJ9zSSfVzqXNtfcaTxqWYqV6KkH9LOpZ0

If the game supports sRGB there should be no reason not to support it. In fact, there is no reason for the image library to have this bug with BC1 sRGB.

Texconv converts it properly I think. Try with this test version https://mega.nz/file/JR4xGBAI#sM7AUUgx6SZpCLll7kz7ycW-QrgJUkiLa95vJd6m4U4 Make sure it has no side effects on the other texture formats.

3 hours ago, Blackread said:

Updating to Alpha 100 seems to have solved the memory issues, at least I didn't get any Out of memory errors during my latest run.

03010F54  is overwritten by Lux Orbis - Master plugin.esm only, it changes the emittance in addition to adding the location value.

03016DF1 is overwritten by Lux.esp, it adds an emittance value and a location value.

The form IDs of the LOD reference are 380A258F (base, DynDOLOD.esm) and 6E67B45B (ref, DynDOLOD.esp), assuming this is what you meant https://i.imgur.com/E3EWJyH.png

DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.txt from the output

Logs in case they are needed

This test version should fix that https://mega.nz/file/YYoxxYxR#mNlC7ezYqCMRxDo7YnJ55hCtGPN-Pkhu_wZoV8uCN5k

29 minutes ago, Fiery said:

Hi I am using the latest version of DynDOLOD 3 -68518-Alpha and after running it 2 modded houses I used were buried under rock; Frostvale Estate which is just up the path from Windhelm stables and before you get to the turning for Kynsgrove and Winterberry Chateau which is just outside of Morthal, both are kinda set into the mountains already.  Can anyone explain what causes that to happen? Usually if I turn a mod off once Dyn has run MO2 alerts me (the previous version did) but it never did with this most recent version when I turned those mods off after as I couldn't use them so I am wondering if Dyn simply didn't find them. I am lost, I deleted the output files and was going to try again tomorrow once I'm home but if anyone knows what causes this to happen I would appreciate it.

This is Frostvale Estate buried under rock.  

uQWG0uW.png

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

The screenshot seems to show full models and full terrain in an active cell. DynDOLOD does not affect terrain in active cells. DynDOLOD does not generate terrain LOD.
What does this supposedly have to do with DynDOLOD?

The last plugin to overwrite a record wins. The conflicting record in this case is the LAND record of the temporary CELL for this location. Adjust the priority of the involved plugins so the one with the desired terrain height information wins.

Hey, hmm this is odd, as it was fine after running xlodgen for the terrain, I went into game and checked, than ran texgen/ dyndolod back into game after that finished and the ground was suddenly like this. If it is simply a case of load order winning I'll try shoving those houses to the bottom. Thanks for the help. :) 

1 hour ago, sheson said:

If the game supports sRGB there should be no reason not to support it. In fact, there is no reason for the image library to have this bug with BC1 sRGB.

Texconv converts it properly I think. Try with this test version https://mega.nz/file/JR4xGBAI#sM7AUUgx6SZpCLll7kz7ycW-QrgJUkiLa95vJd6m4U4 Make sure it has no side effects on the other texture formats.

This test version should fix that https://mega.nz/file/YYoxxYxR#mNlC7ezYqCMRxDo7YnJ55hCtGPN-Pkhu_wZoV8uCN5k

This did fix the sRGB texture. However, all normal maps and speculars appear to be brighter. Also, diffuses with alpha transparency appear to be brighter as well.

Log file is with vanilla textures (no texture mods). Included two output examples. Before folder is with TexGen from alpha 100. After is from the test version.

https://mega.nz/file/pMhSTZDJ#FgJjeSMG7IRhynthud9q2_TBlRYUz81y-R1W2Bjy6zQ

6 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

This did fix the sRGB texture. However, all normal maps and speculars appear to be brighter. Also, diffuses with alpha transparency appear to be brighter as well.

Log file is with vanilla textures (no texture mods). Included two output examples. Before folder is with TexGen from alpha 100. After is from the test version.

https://mega.nz/file/pMhSTZDJ#FgJjeSMG7IRhynthud9q2_TBlRYUz81y-R1W2Bjy6zQ

Test with this version https://mega.nz/file/hUQiADhB#0wjEwbhAfDKBXBowcZYzyJS8RCtVcMB2jciismNjpC0.

5 hours ago, Mephitic said:

Alpha-100 - fwiw the Large Reference Bugs Workarounds work very well in my build.
Views from vistas that heretofore were a blinking mess are a stable joy to behold.
Nicely done, and thank you for your excellent work.

Thanks for letting us know.

16 hours ago, sheson said:

Yes, it fixed it indeed, thank you.

Looks like the one run that was successful without Out of memory errors was a random occurrence, haven't been able to repeat it since. It seems that HD Grass was the last straw. I was able to generate occlusion without 3D trees, without a grass LOD, or with 3D trees and a grass LOD using regular grass, but using 3D trees and an HD grass LOD tips it over the edge. Maybe I just need to get more RAM.

I tried generating Occlusion with xLODGen afterwards, but that failed too. I couldn't figure out how to do it with DynDOLOD.

The mentioned BTO files open in Nifskope without problems, although some of them take several seconds to load. Not all though, some open near instantly. It's the ones with a lot of grass that take the longest. The sizes of the reported files range from 4.95 MB to 59.39 MB, with most of them falling in the 10-30 MB territory. There are larger bto files in there though, the largest being around 80 MB. Generating just Tamriel with 3D trees and HD grass with 20 density takes around 40 minutes.

Edited by Blackread

I don't know why, but since the last run with alpha 100 all windmills are missing their fans. I know DynDOLOD isn't affecting active cells but the windmillfans are missing in LOD aswell as on the full model. There are even missing the whole buildings if I coc to 'whiteriverwatchexterior03' and they won't appear if coming closer.

Logs

There were no special errors during the lod creation. I am using the 'LargeRefWorkaround' setting.

One last thing: If I go via coc command from main menu to the location mentioned above everything look and function as it should. I recreated LOD's from scratch from an ongoing save (clean save method), which I did many times with other Alphas, too, but I never had these 'problems'. Is there something in the logs, which tells you that I messed up the generation of LODs? Or could it be a possibility to 'update' the plugins again to get it back to work properly or do I have to start over with a new save as there are no problems - it seems to be stuck on the save, but nothing obvious inside the save itself if I look at it with FallrimTools.

Edit: Mostly I call this very dumb on my side, as somehow DynDOLOD wasn't even active in the MCM. Windmillfans are back, but still if I coc from my savegame to whiteriverwatch there are still windmill building vanishing. From far and if I get closer only the rod in the middle of the building (and the windmill fan) are there.

Edit2: Another thing I observed: After I activated DynDOLOD again and the message for initilasing came and I went via coc command, DynDOLOD was deactivated again. Maybe changing to the DLL instead the papyrus version?

Edited by PRieST

11 minutes ago, xbk123 said:

Hi,

Have this error when running dyndolod last version. The only mod I have installed recently is majestic mountains new version.

Hide contents

Bez-tytu-u.jpg

Running out of ideas how to fix that.

It literally says how to fix in the error message. 

1 hour ago, Blackread said:

Yes, it fixed it indeed, thank you.

Looks like the one run that was successful without Out of memory errors was a random occurrence, haven't been able to repeat it since. It seems that HD Grass was the last straw. I was able to generate occlusion without 3D trees, without a grass LOD, or with 3D trees and a grass LOD using regular grass, but using 3D trees and an HD grass LOD tips it over the edge. Maybe I just need to get more RAM.

I tried generating Occlusion with xLODGen afterwards, but that failed too. I couldn't figure out how to do it with DynDOLOD.

The mentioned BTO files open in Nifskope without problems, although some of them take several seconds to load. Not all though, some open near instantly. It's the ones with a lot of grass that take the longest. The sizes of the reported files range from 4.95 MB to 59.39 MB, with most of them falling in the 10-30 MB territory. There are larger bto files in there though, the largest being around 80 MB. Generating just Tamriel with 3D trees and HD grass with 20 density takes around 40 minutes.

If the OOM error still happens while reading BTOs, make sure it really only process one BTO at time by doublechecking the OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD in the debug log.
A line like [DynDOLODGenerate] <Debug: OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD: 1>

To only generate an Occlusion.esp, install the DynDOLOD output, start DynDOLOD, advanced mode, select Tamriel, uncheck everything but Occlusion data and Plugin.

40 minutes ago, xbk123 said:

Hi,

Have this error when running dyndolod last version. The only mod I have installed recently is majestic mountains new version.

Running out of ideas how to fix that.

Read the first post, which explains that DynDOLOD 3 Alpha is an alpha test and that things may change between versions.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

As explained in the first post, click the link "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" to open additional help.

As explained in the first post, if the option "Copy this message to clipboard" is available, copy and paste the text instead posting a screenshot.

Read the entire message. It explains the issue and solutions.

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites
Typically generate terrain LOD meshes and textures with xLODGen before generating the LOD mod with DynDOLOD, as the terrain LOD meshes are used to optimize object LOD meshes.

Ask specific questions if further help or advice is required.

44 minutes ago, PRieST said:

I don't know why, but since the last run with alpha 100 all windmills are missing their fans. I know DynDOLOD isn't affecting active cells but the windmillfans are missing in LOD aswell as on the full model. There are even missing the whole buildings if I coc to 'whiteriverwatchexterior03' and they won't appear if coming closer.

Logs

There were no special errors during the lod creation. I am using the 'LargeRefWorkaround' setting.

One last thing: If I go via coc command from main menu to the location mentioned above everything look and function as it should. I recreated LOD's from scratch from an ongoing save (clean save method), which I did many times with other Alphas, too, but I never had these 'problems'. Is there something in the logs, which tells you that I messed up the generation of LODs? Or could it be a possibility to 'update' the plugins again to get it back to work properly or do I have to start over with a new save as there are no problems - it seems to be stuck on the save, but nothing obvious inside the save itself if I look at it with FallrimTools.

Edit: Mostly I call this very dumb on my side, as somehow DynDOLOD wasn't even active in the MCM. Windmillfans are back, but still if I coc from my savegame to whiteriverwatch there are still windmill building vanishing. From far and if I get closer only the rod in the middle of the building (and the windmill fan) are there.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ  "Out of place or floating objects"

Which Windmill building(s) are you specifically (reference form id) talking about? The ones around Whiterun have vanilla large reference bugs and should be handled properly now.

Are the buildings missing inside or outside the uLargeRefLODGridSize or the uGridsToLoad?

Outside the uLargeRefLODGridSize they are supposed to have static object LOD.

Check which plugins overwrites the references.

Enable and check the papyrus log for related error message from the SHESON_DynDOLOD_* scripts.

23 minutes ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ  "Out of place or floating objects"

Which Windmill building(s) are you specifically (reference form id) talking about? The ones around Whiterun have vanilla large reference bugs and should be handled properly now.

Are the buildings missing inside or outside the uLargeRefLODGridSize or the uGridsToLoad?

Outside the uLargeRefLODGridSize they are supposed to have static object LOD.

Check which plugins overwrites the references.

Enable and check the papyrus log for related error message from the SHESON_DynDOLOD_* scripts.

Hm, this issue isn't always replicable.
This is the record ID of the building: 0005CA6B (nothing is overwriting it). Sometimes the building is and will stay there and sometimes it is missing.
A quick test with the DynDOLOD DLL (and it's scripts - also for the workaround) seemed to not have the problem.

Nothing inside the papyrus log.

I did the 'setup' 3 times now: 1.: Everything ok, 2.: Building was there, but heavy flickering on the honeybrew meadery buildings 3.: Windmillbuilding missing.
I went to the stormcloack camp and back, but the building wasn't there all the time only the fan.

As I came closer also the windmillfan disappeared and DynDOLOD was inactive again in the MCM. After reactivating it, only the fan came back. I could provide some screenshots, but there are no further infos to get out of them.