DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

When I try to run texgex64, I get the message "Error: can not be found. The INI file is missing from its default location at D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\. Current game mode: Skyrim Special Edition (SSE)". Is it looking for something other than Skrim.ini or SkyrimPrefs.ini? Both of those are present in the path specified.

1 hour ago, ben530 said:

When I try to run texgex64, I get the message "Error: can not be found. The INI file is missing from its default location at D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\. Current game mode: Skyrim Special Edition (SSE)". Is it looking for something other than Skrim.ini or SkyrimPrefs.ini? Both of those are present in the path specified.

Add the INI file name to the command line argument.  -i:"D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\Skyrim.ini" for now.
Or use -m:"D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\" instead.

14 hours ago, sheson said:

See if there is any difference with this test version https://mega.nz/file/1NxXgaRT#fZmroxs_Uy9wG95nsIGOOXByrBpoXNu7ZjY6DiKIh8U

If not, upload  ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Objects.txt from the output folder.

Re, I installed the test version, ran again dyndolod and started a fresh game and the problem is always there in Solstheim.

Here is the .text: https://paste.ee/p/NOCI7

Seems with this version the uncheck fake light seems to be the best solution.

1 hour ago, delweyn said:

Re, I installed the test version, ran again dyndolod and started a fresh game and the problem is always there in Solstheim.

Here is the .text: https://paste.ee/p/NOCI7

Seems with this version the uncheck fake light seems to be the best solution.

I'll need the matching log and debug log from the same generation of the DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Objects.txt.

Generate LOD for DLC2Solstheim only with this test version https://mega.nz/file/kExVgDwC#iZlZMVGzHMpM9BWbGC1Duo4PRj1KcvaB-DspUtciPKU
It will most likely not change anything.
Upload new log, debug log and DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Objects.txt

5 hours ago, sheson said:

Add the INI file name to the command line argument.  -i:"D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\Skyrim.ini" for now.
Or use -m:"D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\" instead.

Thank you! That solved my problem! (added "Skyrim.ini" to the -i argument)

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Generate LOD for DLC2Solstheim only with this test version https://mega.nz/file/kExVgDwC#iZlZMVGzHMpM9BWbGC1Duo4PRj1KcvaB-DspUtciPKU
It will most likely not change anything.
Upload new log, debug log and DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld_Objects.txt

Oh my! In the dyndolod folder I have replaced the previous DynDOLODx64.exe with then one from your link, reran all but the logs have not recorded the new run?

I'll do it next day with a cleaned dyndolod folder.

2 hours ago, delweyn said:

Oh my! In the dyndolod folder I have replaced the previous DynDOLODx64.exe with then one from your link, reran all but the logs have not recorded the new run?

I'll do it next day with a cleaned dyndolod folder.

The logs are saved when you close the program. It may take a couple seconds to save debug log.

Just select the DLC2Solstheim worldspace for this test, so it should be quick to do.

Hey all, 

So I have recently been finishing up my modlist (just upgraded to SE) and I am working on getting LOD generated. At the moment I have grass cache successfully generated and am trying to move on to TexGen. Unfortunately it seems I am running into a little problem.

I’m on DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 100 (SSE 1.5.97) which it seems has a new method for enabling grass gen (as enableGrass=1 and such in the .ini is now outdated). I guess I am just confused, I have enabled Expert Mode yet my TexGen Grass billboards option is still greyed out. The HD grass option is not a replacer for the normal grass option as well, I assume, so both being checked is necessary. I’m thinking this is a little thing I am overlooking/misunderstanding but after 12 hours digging through outdated guides and the DynDOLOD site I figured I would ask here for some insight. 
Hope that made sense, I can post files configs or whatever you may need so let me know! 

Edited by rileymil
Added game version

33 minutes ago, rileymil said:

Hey all, 

So I have recently been finishing up my modlist (just upgraded to SE) and I am working on getting LOD generated. At the moment I have grass cache successfully generated and am trying to move on to TexGen. Unfortunately it seems I am running into a little problem.

I’m on DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 100 (SSE 1.5.97) which it seems has a new method for enabling grass gen (as enableGrass=1 and such in the .ini is now outdated). I guess I am just confused, I have enabled Expert Mode yet my TexGen Grass billboards option is still greyed out. The HD grass option is not a replacer for the normal grass option as well, I assume, so both being checked is necessary. I’m thinking this is a little thing I am overlooking/misunderstanding but after 12 hours digging through outdated guides and the DynDOLOD site I figured I would ask here for some insight. 
Hope that made sense, I can post files configs or whatever you may need so let me know! 

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

TexGen does not care or need grass cache.

Nothing changed in the recent Alphas about grass LOD generation.

Read the always up-to-date DynDOLDO website.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen#Grass-HD-Grass-Tree-HD-Tree-Rendered, this one paragraph explains:
Grass LOD billboards are for optional grass LOD generation. The option is automatically disabled if grass models using ENB complex grass textures are found in the load order. In case ApplyToBasicGrass=false is set in enbseries.ini, set ForceComplexGrass=0 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_[GAME MODE].ini to generate both types of grass LOD billboards.

If complex grass textures are installed, there is typically no need or reason to create standard grass LOD billboards as it typically makes more sense to use ApplyToBasicGrass=true with complex grass textures so all grasses react to lighting the same way.

Also read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD, especially about additional information when using complex grass textures,

22 hours ago, sheson said:

Upload ..\skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.txt and DynDOLOD_Tamriel.txt from DynDOLOD output.

When you do the first load in from main menu to Honningbrew all is fine, right? What happens to the Honningbrew buildings or the windmill when you just walk to White Water Watch?

What happens to the flicker of Honningbrew when you disable large references? uLargeRefLODGridSize=5?
Does it not happen without the workarounds?
If so, check workarounds DynDOLOD.esm cell 7,-5 0x00009656 if it contains 2 references Tamriel_Diciple and  Tamriel_Worshipper or just the Tamriel_Worshipper.
Test what happens to the flicker if you hide the scripts (ignore error messages)

When you are at white whatever watch, the position of the video, type tll to see if Honningbrew is still in the active cells or outside.
Does the flicker go away with tll? If not tfc to the buildings, disable it via console to see if another reference is still there.

Check/copy/paste the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM You are Here and Information page when DynDOLOD is not active.

I'll answer the easier questions first: The requestest files

Same procedure, but walking: Only the flickereing of HBM appeared, the windmill wasn't vanishing at all this time (even if I coc back and forth after the walk).

Result of TLL and TLC commands: Beneath the LOD model is already the full model (the lod vanished as expected with tll), I assume that's why it's flickering. I wasn't able to click on the LOD model, but I think this is right. After I disabled the full model (there was only one each), the flickereing stopped (as expected)

Cell check: I generated the last output while having the 'workaround' option enabled - in that cell there is only the Tamriel_Worshipper entry. (And two plane markers from eFPS - Exterior FPS boost -> made from Portal Box to Box by DynDOLOD because of the corresponding .ini setting).

Hiding the scripts: I hid only the Worshipper script (or should I hide all of them?) - The building wasn't missing, but this time not only the HBM buildings were flickering (again) but also the whiterun wall as well as some tundra cliffs or whatever.

Disable LargeReferences: No vanishing building and no flickering (no full models active at the same time).

Whats inside the 'You are here' page: I went from WRW via tcl command to the missing windmill building (beforehand: coc from main menu inside of HBM, go outside, and coc to WRW). I stopped some times and no change. As I was right in front of the (missing) building after 2 - 5 seconds the windmillfans vanished. I looked inside the MCM and DynDOLOD wasn't active anymore. Here are two screenshots of 'you are here' and 'information':

enb2022-10-4-20-38-20.png

enb2022-10-4-20-38-35.png

One last thing left, what would be the best idea to accomplish it, just using expert mode to generate only for these few cells? Could I update the existing output or should I regen it in this case from scratch.

Maybe another input from my side, I am using 'A clear map of skyrim' and it's corresponding settings for LOD32 (as well es set the skyrim(prefs).ini setting to 1). I don't know whether this is relevant or not, but I wanted to mention it.

Edited by PRieST

2 hours ago, PRieST said:

I'll answer the easier questions first: The requestest files

Same procedure, but walking: Only the flickereing of HBM appeared, the windmill wasn't vanishing at all this time (even if I coc back and forth after the walk).

Result of TLL and TLC commands: Beneath the LOD model is already the full model (the lod vanished as expected with tll), I assume that's why it's flickering. I wasn't able to click on the LOD model, but I think this is right. After I disabled the full model (there was only one each), the flickereing stopped (as expected)

Cell check: I generated the last output while having the 'workaround' option enabled - in that cell there is only the Tamriel_Worshipper entry. (And two plane markers from eFPS - Exterior FPS boost -> made from Portal Box to Box by DynDOLOD because of the corresponding .ini setting).

Hiding the scripts: I hid only the Worshipper script (or should I hide all of them?) - The building wasn't missing, but this time not only the HBM buildings were flickering (again) but also the whiterun wall as well as some tundra cliffs or whatever.

Disable LargeReferences: No vanishing building and no flickering (no full models active at the same time).

Whats inside the 'You are here' page: I went from WRW via tcl command to the missing windmill building (beforehand: coc from main menu inside of HBM, go outside, and coc to WRW). I stopped some times and no change. As I was right in front of the (missing) building after 2 - 5 seconds the windmillfans vanished. I looked inside the MCM and DynDOLOD wasn't active anymore. Here are two screenshots of 'you are here' and 'information':

enb2022-10-4-20-38-20.png

enb2022-10-4-20-38-35.png

One last thing left, what would be the best idea to accomplish it, just using expert mode to generate only for these few cells? Could I update the existing output or should I regen it in this case from scratch.

Maybe another input from my side, I am using 'A clear map of skyrim' and it's corresponding settings for LOD32 (as well es set the skyrim(prefs).ini setting to 1). I don't know whether this is relevant or not, but I wanted to mention it.

You can not generate dynamic LOD for specific cells only. it is always done for the entire worldspace. It is "odd" that there is no current/active activator. That explains the symptoms. Will have to find out why that happens. Check the persistnt cell 0x00000D74 in DynDOLOD.esp if it contains a reference with the EditorID Tamriel_Firstborn_7_%3 (you can copy/paste that into the Editor ID field top left of xEdt and hit enter, if the field turns red after a while it does not exist)
Check with xEdit which plugins overwrite the cell 0x00009618 and list them here.

Can you generate for the same load order just without the workarounds and then upload log, debug log, DynDOLOD_Tamriel.txt and DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.txt for that generation as well. 
Check/post the same cell 7,-3 MCM Information to show the current/active  activator.