Fixed flickering puddles (by Ablaze666)

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

The fomod for this mod is bugged, as well as the archive version (cubemap BA2 bug... probably created via Archive2, which kills cubemaps). I have instructed to install this mod manually and to install as loose files in order to correct these two issues.

Before > After

Before.jpg After.jpg

Notice how it also takes some of the shine off the car in the background. I suggest we test without using this mod, as it would be best to actually fix this issue if at all possible instead of making the puddles and other objects not as reactive to lighting. I have had a terrible time trying to activate the bug without ENB, and this does not fix the ENB puddle flickering issue, which may or may not be fixable (I tried and gave up for now).

It is possible it may simply be that when there are too many cubemaps in the frame, we exceed the iMaxNumberOfCubeMapsPerFrame:Display setting of 42, and that prompts the flickering. 

If we encounter the issue, make a save file, and see if we can't solve this. It could be possible that reloading the save file might cause the bug to disappear, as some bugs take special steps to reproduce. It also may be reliant on INI settings, as the puddles are a decal, and there are a ton of different decal settings in the INI files.

This issue also is supposed to affect blood pools as well.

I tried to reproduce by summoning 100 raiders and annilating them in a big bloody mess, while it was raining, near a bunch of puddles, and I still couldn't find the vanilla issue, so I think this may be one of those bugs that takes specific steps to reproduce.

• 3 weeks later...