Cathedral - 3D Lavender (by DrJacopo)

TechAngel85

Some screenshots. I made sure each mod was the only one enabled between screenshots. This lavender is quite striking in game. Need to play with it a bit to see how I feel.

Vanilla>Cathedral-plants>Hybrids>3D Lavender XL>3D Lavender Vanilla

The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-EditiThe-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-EditiThe-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-EditiThe-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-EditiThe-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-Editi

The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-EditiThe-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-EditiThe-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-EditiThe-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-EditiThe-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-Editi

The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-EditiThe-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-EditiThe-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-EditiThe-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-Editi

Edited by Eliian
added vanilla size version.
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. I think Cathedral is the best vanilla replacement followed by this mod. I would vote yest to either of those over hybrid's (current Step). The mesh on this one is probably slightly better for performance on some systems.

Tagged for testing since Elliian was good enough to provide screens.

7 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

@Eliian Which version did you use in your screens? Vanilla size or XL?

When I took the screens the Vanilla Size version was not up yet. So I am guessing the XL version. I can take some screenshots with the vanilla size and update the post.

Edited by Eliian
  • +1 1

It's a bit of a deviation from vanilla, however, I personally prefer this one. All the others are a hot mess, which may be more an issue with vertex colors on the mesh than the textures themselves. I'm actually quite fond of it after running around a bit and seeing it in action. I tried the vanilla size option and got to say I'm keeping this one in my load order regardless of the outcome of the voting for Step. I went right up to one as if harvest to grab a compare:
Step > The Mod
Step-Skyrim-SE348.png Step-Skyrim-SE347.png 

It's not as thick, and that is my only complaint! Beside that, I quite like it. It's just enough pop to grab your attention and looks absolutely beautiful! I understand the author wanted to keep the polys as low as possible while still making it 3D. However, I wouldn't hesitate to install a higher poly version that was fuller, if the author ever made one! The trade-off of the 3D it's a bit less full when looking at it from the side vs Step/vanilla. However it's only any issue if it's placed on bare ground. When combined with any grass it blends very naturally, imo.

I vote, yes, for this one despite the bit of deviation. 

It's thinness is my only complaint as well (flowers and leaves). I think Cathedral's is the best replacement for vanilla, but will go with whatever the next voter thinks.

EDIT: The same is true for this author's thistle. Too sparse. But that one also has leaves of the wrong color

• 1 month later...

I personally prefer this one and will be keeping it in my load order regardless of the vote. This plant has been a pet-peeve of mine for a very long time. This mod is the best I've seen in terms of improvement. Yes, it could be more full, but I found it didn't really bother me while I was running around.

I also prefer this mod. This lavender blends in while still catching the eye from time to time. Hybrids is fine. Definitely an improvement over vanilla. I am never happy to approach a plant for harvesting. With this one it is pleasant.