Guard Dialogue Overhaul - UHDAP Patch (by mnikjom Eckss sharrken)

Mousetick

Discussion topic:
Guard Dialogue Overhaul - UHDAP Patch by mnikjom Eckss sharrken
Wiki Link

Guard Dialogue Overhaul - UHDAP Patch (by mnikjom) restores the "HD" voices from the Unofficial High Definition Audio Project for use by GDO (which comes with its own voice files). Not all of them, mind, but a large portion of them. Not sure why, the patch MA only says "Not everything is covered yet. I wasn't able to find some voice lines."

There is no plugin. Can be installed anywhere/anytime, the loose files from the patch will override GDO's BSA.

6 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Guard Dialogue Overhaul - UHDAP Patch (by mnikjom) restores the "HD" voices from the Unofficial High Definition Audio Project for use by GDO (which comes with its own voice files). Not all of them, mind, but a large portion of them. Not sure why, the patch MA only says "Not everything is covered yet. I wasn't able to find some voice lines."

There is no plugin. Can be installed anywhere/anytime, the loose files from the patch will override GDO's BSA.

Good find if it works as advertised. If you find anything out in your own testing, we can create the mod topic for 2.0.0.

49 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Good find if it works as advertised. If you find anything out in your own testing, we can create the mod topic for 2.0.0.

I don't know how I'd be able to test them in-game because these specific GDO voice lines are heard only under specific circumstances and the trigger logic is in GDO.

I converted them to WAV and I can hear a difference in quality when played on a music player with headphones. Whether it's worth installing yet another (incomplete) patch mod for that, I don't know. You folks can decide.

I've attached one sample for A/B testing. Can you tell which is which?

voice line A.wav voice line B.wav

13 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

I don't know how I'd be able to test them in-game because these specific GDO voice lines are heard only under specific circumstances and the trigger logic is in GDO.

I converted them to WAV and I can hear a difference in quality when played on a music player with headphones. Whether it's worth installing yet another (incomplete) patch mod for that, I don't know. You folks can decide.

I've attached one sample for A/B testing. Can you tell which is which?

voice line A.wav 1.04 MB · 0 downloads voice line B.wav 1.04 MB · 0 downloads

Quality is good on both, but volume is a bit higher in 'A'.

Since there is no plugin, and if the replacements better match UHDAP, it seems like a no-brainer to me even if not everything is covered. Testing them manually like this is fine. I may take a closer look later.

31 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Quality is good on both, but volume is a bit higher in 'A'.

Yes. Original GDO is A and UHDAP patch is B. The lower volume in B seems to be consistent with the voice volume in UHDAP. Voice line A has more hiss and other noise than B, but it's pretty subtle.

I split this conversation from Guard Dialog Overhaul so it doesn't get lost in the weeds, but we want to vet the modgroup for this one. Guard Dialog Overhaul - UHDAP Patch is packaged as loose files that always override the audio files in Guard Dialog Overhaul.bsa regardless of which modgroup it is in. This one is purely audio files so it seems to belong in 07-Sounds and Music instead of 13-Gameplay Immersion and it's not a patch per se.

8 hours ago, Greg said:

I split this conversation from Guard Dialog Overhaul so it doesn't get lost in the weeds, but we want to vet the modgroup for this one. Guard Dialog Overhaul - UHDAP Patch is packaged as loose files that always override the audio files in Guard Dialog Overhaul.bsa regardless of which modgroup it is in. This one is purely audio files so it seems to belong in 07-Sounds and Music instead of 13-Gameplay Immersion and it's not a patch per se.

Agree. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...