Jump to content

Unmodified vanilla tree LODs?


Recommended Posts

Hi there, after implementing Indistinguishable Billboards, DynDOLOD Resources SE, HD LODs Textures SE, DynDOLOD Textures, and DynDOLOD Output, there are some tree LODs that appear to be unmodified vanilla textures. I've been trying to figure out where the vanilla LODs are stored in order to modify them, but I can't find anything online about that. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I've attached a screenshot with a couple examples highlighted.

ScreenShot97b.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CBSkyrimModding said:

Hi there, after implementing Indistinguishable Billboards, DynDOLOD Resources SE, HD LODs Textures SE, DynDOLOD Textures, and DynDOLOD Output, there are some tree LODs that appear to be unmodified vanilla textures. I've been trying to figure out where the vanilla LODs are stored in order to modify them, but I can't find anything online about that. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I've attached a screenshot with a couple examples highlighted.

ScreenShot97b.jpg

For vanilla tree LOD, remove the billboards and simply use DynDOLOD 3 to generate perfectly-matching trees in object LOD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your speedy response. I should have clarified that I'm using Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE - Lush, Myrkvoir, and Green and Lush Aspen Trees. After going through the steps to generate LODs for them, I've opened them up and have temporarily given each unique tree a really stark color like bright red, blue, purple, etc., for testing purposes so I can see which textures affect which trees in game. After doing that for all of the trees in those files, I've found that many trees aren't included in those textures, and they're the ones that are really low quality, so I'm trying to figure out where they're stored.

Any pointers on why DynDOLOD 3 hasn't touched those trees and/or where I can find the original vanilla LODs in order to touch them up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CBSkyrimModding said:

Thanks for your speedy response. I should have clarified that I'm using Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE - Lush, Myrkvoir, and Green and Lush Aspen Trees. After going through the steps to generate LODs for them, I've opened them up and have temporarily given each unique tree a really stark color like bright red, blue, purple, etc., for testing purposes so I can see which textures affect which trees in game. After doing that for all of the trees in those files, I've found that many trees aren't included in those textures, and they're the ones that are really low quality, so I'm trying to figure out where they're stored.

Any pointers on why DynDOLOD 3 hasn't touched those trees and/or where I can find the original vanilla LODs in order to touch them up?

Screens showing your color variants not found? EVT covers all vanilla pines. Myrkvior and EVT are not compatible without plugin edits. You also need the LOD models installed for each.

Use More Informative Console to identify the trees in question.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks again for your response. Here are some screens showing certain evergreen trees that I can't find in any of DynDOLOD's output files:

ScreenShot99.thumb.jpg.e15131a08d76b18ba128725aff13f45e.jpg

ScreenShot100.thumb.jpg.c9cea896d89072668c85fdf6eea5b332.jpg

I'm fine with the evergreen LODs that I've colored (when they're uncolored, of course) as well as the majority of the ones in the second screenshot that I couldn't find in a corresponding file; it's just a few of them that noticeably stick out, and they're what I'm targeting. For additional information, I'm editing DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds in G:\MO2\mods\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD. The only other evergreen tree texture in any file in that folder is a Solstheim ashy tree. All of my tree LODs should be in that folder, right?

Also, I'm admittedly confused about installing the LOD models for EVT and Myrk. Are they not included in their respective FOMODs? I don't see any other relevant files for that specific purpose on their pages (just DynDOLOD 2.0 and addon files for extra/alternative stuff). Are there any in there that I need? I'm already using the Myrk addons for things like cherry trees and cities without issue.

One last, somewhat unrelated question: I've narrowed down a missing texture (invisible object mesh problem, not purple textures) to my DynDOLOD Output but I'm not sure how to properly deal with it. I know that the particular rock is "00050c5a," but I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to delete something in SSEEdit or make some sort of patch. Any pointers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You should be using DynDOLOD 3. It sounds like you might be using DynDOLOD 2.

Regardless, use DynDOLOD 3 and the latest version of EVT (2.2.1) and generate LOD for that. It is only compatible with DynDOLOD 3. Don't worry about using Myrkvior until you successfully confirm that there is no issue with EVT as long as you follow the instructions in the mod description. Then go ahead and try running Myrkvior at the same time, but it won't turn out as expected, since these mods are not compatible. You can also run Myrkvior and Morekvior and generate LOD for that using DynDOLOD 3, but it's one or the other.

Use LOOT, and note LOOT messages.

Get rid of any billboards you may have installed. DynDOLOD 3 generates these via TexGen. Indistinguishable Billboards is obsolete and irrelevant to these mods.

The file you are editing is the atlas for traditional LOD trees. 3D LOD trees (Ultra) place trees in object LOD *.bto meshes and use the 2D/3D LOD models for that. They are inside DynDOLOD_Output/meshes/terrain/tamriel/objects/.

See our WIP instructions for properly setting up and generating LOD using DynDOLOD 3. The link is at the bottom of the EVT Nexus page along with basic instructions for mesh rules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, I actually am using DynDOLOD 3; I mentioned DynDOLOD 2 because most of the other EVT files appear to be for that outdated version, so I wasn't sure where else to get the model textures other than the main file, which I have installed. I'll delete Indistinguishable Billboards (not sure if they're affecting anything, as I have it essentially at the top of my load order). I do use LOOT and have no warnings. Okay, I'll check out the LOD generation instructions (I've gone through GamerPoet's video and the StepModifications' section on the subject contained in the overarching modding guide).

I'll test the game without Myrk installed and see what happens, then update you. Thanks, as always.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm, apparently I actually was using DynDOLOD 2.79 even though I was looking to download 3. Updating that added much more configurability in the TexGen and DynDOLOD wizards, which is nice, but now I've been encountering tons of different errors at various stages of the process. I'm currently stuck at generating TexGen_Output, which is encountering:

Quote

Texconv error 800705AA.

G:\Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dungeons\mines\minerockwall03.dds

"G:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -m 1 -aw 256 -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -o "C:\Users\cbnit\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE" "C:\Users\cbnit\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\A4980BB7AAB34D0DBDBEEADC3B417D3B.dds"

Last line of the log reads:

Quote

FAILED (800705AA): Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

The process fails with the same error at different points each time (files other than minerockwall03.dds). I've read through the error documentation and forums but haven't found anything specifically addressing error 800705AA, although I've implemented suggested fixes for other error codes that are related to insufficient system resources - restarting computer, closing browser and as many system processes as possible, ensuring the output path isn't in a forbidden location (it wasn't) - without success. I've also tried to implement the following instructions:

Quote

Open DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD Worlds.pas in an text editor and change lines #42 and #43 to

  iAtlasMaxWidth = 4096;
  iAtlasMaxHeight = 4096;

However, I don't have a Worlds.pas file in my Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD folder. Any idea what's going on, generally and/or in regard the missing Worlds.pas file? Thanks so much for your help.

 

 
Edited by CBSkyrimModding
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You should post in the DynDOLOD 3 forums for DynDOLOD support and bug reporting.

Scour these forums for your issue and read the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha OP. Then post in that topic to get help from sheson on these errors.

Note that people often must exclude the EXEs from antivirus and Windows Security. These answers are also in the forums I linked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, z929669 said:

You should post in the DynDOLOD 3 forums for DynDOLOD support and bug reporting.

Scour these forums for your issue and read the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha OP. Then post in that topic to get help from sheson on these errors.

Note that people often must exclude the EXEs from antivirus and Windows Security. These answers are also in the forums I linked.

Okay, posted in that thread. I did read through it already, as that's where I found the suggestion to alter the iAtlas settings.
@Greg, I can confirm that I've been using Texgenx64.exe and that I also tried using Texgen.exe. Neither were successful, but thanks for taking the time to make the suggestion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, CBSkyrimModding said:

Just to bring closure to this thread, my problem was likely due to the fact that I had both EVT and Myrkvoir installed at the same time. Uninstalling EVT and running Myrk exclusively seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for the assistance.

Yeah, that's essentially what I was suggesting ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.