Jump to content

ELFX Fixes (by wizkid34)


z929669
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mod updated on Nexus.

  • Version v6.0

    • A special thanks to Janquel for providing the following added NIFs
    • mountaincliff02.nif
    • mountaincliffsm01.nif
    • dlc2telmithryndiseased02.nif
    • dlc2telvannigourdhouseramp01.nif
    • dlc2telvannigourdhouseramp02.nif
    • dlc2telvannitowermain01.nif
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Note the reflection is waaaay off in the Ragged Flagon:

SkyrimSE 2021-11-27 14-28-53-65.jpg

Fixed by using "ELFX Fixes Ragged Flagon Fix.esp", which we are not using in testing ATM:

SkyrimSE 2021-11-27 15-21-28-39.jpg

We either need to use this plugin or forward these changes into the CR Patch. I suspect the same is true for some of the fixes specified by the other plugin we are making optional: "ELFX Fixes.esp", which has "EnhancedLightsandFX.esp" (which we are also making optional)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Greg said:

I thought we were using only the meshes in ELFX and ELFX Fixes?

We are, but that's part of the problem. The optional plugin points to the mesh cubemap, data\Textures\cubemaps\ELFX\raggedflagon_e.dds, from ELFX, which must not be correct in "EnhancedLightsandFX.esp", hence this patch. Data\Textures\Cubemaps\WRTemple_e.dds from Skyrim.esm is used without the plugin ref.

Easy test. just use the Thieves guild option in Alternate Start with mods installed as per the 2.0.0 WIP instructions.

EDIT: The plugin is ESL flagged, so we should just use that. Wiki instructions modified.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

We are, but that's part of the problem. The optional plugin points to the mesh cubemap, data\Textures\cubemaps\ELFX\raggedflagon_e.dds, from ELFX, which must not be correct in "EnhancedLightsandFX.esp", hence this patch. Data\Textures\Cubemaps\WRTemple_e.dds from Skyrim.esm is used without the plugin ref.

Easy test. just use the Thieves guild option in Alternate Start with mods installed as per the 2.0.0 WIP instructions.

EDIT: The plugin is ESL flagged, so we should just use that. Wiki instructions modified.

We're not using EnhancedLightsandFX.esp I thought?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

We're not using EnhancedLightsandFX.esp I thought?

Correct. We're hiding that one. Just saying that "ELF Fixes.esp" references that, and there may be similar fixes as defined by the Ragged Flagon plugin.

EDIT: EnhancedLightsandFX.esp probably doesn't reference this texture, which is why this mod has the plugin to fix ... which works for our purposes. If we wanted to use "ELF Fixes.esp", we would need the master, EnhancedLightsandFX.esp. We may want to look at "ELF Fixes.esp" and forward some of those changes into our patch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I see the problem with this one. If you look at the ELFX Fixes Ragged Flagon Fix in xEdit, you'll see (surprise!) that the vanilla game is using the Whiterun Temple cubemap (Textures\Cubemaps\WRTemple_e.dds) on the water in the Ragged Flagon. It's been a while since I looked at the water here so I'm guessing the vanilla cubemap is so vague that it wasn't noticeable. Quality Cubemaps changes this cubemap to one that sticks out like a sore thumb and ELFX Fixes Ragged Flagon Fix changes this to use Textures\cubemaps\ELFX\raggedflagon_e.dds so it's a better match.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Greg said:

I think I see the problem with this one. If you look at the ELFX Fixes Ragged Flagon Fix in xEdit, you'll see (surprise!) that the vanilla game is using the Whiterun Temple cubemap (Textures\Cubemaps\WRTemple_e.dds) on the water in the Ragged Flagon. It's been a while since I looked at the water here so I'm guessing the vanilla cubemap is so vague that it wasn't noticeable. Quality Cubemaps changes this cubemap to one that sticks out like a sore thumb and ELFX Fixes Ragged Flagon Fix changes this to use Textures\cubemaps\ELFX\raggedflagon_e.dds so it's a better match.

Zactly. I just was waiting for you guys to see for yourselves :) I only dug far enough to recommend a solution (use the plugin from this mod, since it's ESL).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Edit: Never mind. I didn't have Realistic Water Two in my load order. Please ignore.

I don't know about you but for me LOOT sorts ASLAL after ELFX Fixes Ragged Flagon Fix, and ASLAL basically reverts all the changes to vanilla values. So if you really wanted the tweaked cube map you'd have to put it in the CR patch I guess.

image.thumb.png.8cc3877419857364f5ae12ff5171e8fb.png

Edited by Mousetick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2021 at 6:02 PM, z929669 said:

Correct. We're hiding that one. Just saying that "ELF Fixes.esp" references that, and there may be similar fixes as defined by the Ragged Flagon plugin.

EDIT: EnhancedLightsandFX.esp probably doesn't reference this texture, which is why this mod has the plugin to fix ... which works for our purposes. If we wanted to use "ELF Fixes.esp", we would need the master, EnhancedLightsandFX.esp. We may want to look at "ELF Fixes.esp" and forward some of those changes into our patch.

I've now done this for the next patch update. There were a couple fixes just like this one that I forwarded from ELFX Fixes.esp; Faldar's Tooth and Riften Fishery. These two just switch the cubemap out with a black texture, which works, but isn't ideal. The better solution is to set up the reflections properly so the water is reflecting the walls, ceiling, objects, etc. I've seen this in the CK, but have never done it myself. I can look into this for an RWT update. For now, this is a quick and dirty solution that disables the water reflection.

I've also incorporated the Ragged Flagon fix into the Patch. We don't want to use the plugin from the mod, regardless if it is an ESL, because it also includes ELFX's lighting changes to the interior, which is not desirable. This is something I had planned to do, just hadn't done it yet. Thus are the consequences of running mosting unpatched (SAE CR Patch is barebones). So a lot of chaning for nothing, but you can go back to the original of plan of hiding the plugins once this updated Patch is up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.