Need guidance for STEP part 20

wootcat

Almost finished setting up Skyrim using the Step guide.

Under Patches, it says to install the Kryptopyrs Patch Hub, but instructions are unclear. Do I install the "Patch Hub" with the included mods ticked (CCOR, WACCF, ACE, SPO, CACO, TCIY), and then install and merge the additional patches listed in the instructions? Or do I only install the patches listed in the instructions, naming them Kryptopyr's Patch Hub?

From the instructions, it seems to be saying to ignore everything inside the Kryptopyrs Patch Hub...but then why even include it?

Also, the other patches that follow (Useless Patches Collection, Step SkyrimSE CR Patch, etc.) have the screens and what to click all defined, so that makes me more confused.

All mods and plugins should be enabled (ticked) unless explicitly instructed otherwise. I think the only mods that may not be ticked at this point are the two (TEMP) mods used for LOD/terrain generation.

Unfortunately, the main file does not have the latest patches for some mods so download and install the miscellaneous files listed in the detailed instructions. Name each of these "Kyptopyr's Patch Hub" (the same name as the main file) and select Merge when prompted.

To be clear: Install the 5 stand-alone patches and NOT the FOMOD, since it doesn't get updated as often:

image.png

I have named them according to my preference, but they are all alphabetized and simple to find by the abbreviations under Misc files.

The other patches you mention DO use the FOMOD installer, which is the "click defined" stuff you are talking about.

I updated the instructions for clarity.

• 3 months later...

Dear z929669, just to make sure: I install the 5 stand-alone patches following the instructions and I ALSO instal the FOMOD making sure to not include the 5 stand alone patches installed individually before.

The instructions are not clear, sorry... but it could be me.. English is not my mother tongue.

Thank you

9 hours ago, Thryann said:

Dear z929669, just to make sure: I install the 5 stand-alone patches following the instructions and I ALSO instal the FOMOD making sure to not include the 5 stand alone patches installed individually before.

The instructions are not clear, sorry... but it could be me.. English is not my mother tongue.

Thank you

That is not the intention. I updated the instructions again for clarity:

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:Kryptopyrs_Patch_Hub

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 9:59 AM, Thryann said:

Great and thank you very much. Now I'll just wait for the updates to the STEP patches (from form 43 to form 44) at your earliest convenience.

Tks

Updating an esp, assuming it's an esp that needs to be updated and not some other type of file, is very easy. You'll need Creation Kit, and for that, you'll need to download the Bethesda Launcher: https://bethesda.net/en/game/bethesda-launcher and install it. Then, from the Bethesda Launcher, install Creation Kit. Put the esp you want to update in the game's Data folder, then click the CreationKit.exe in the game's install folder to open Creation Kit. In Creation Kit, click File > Data. Select the esp you want to update. On the right of the screen, you'll see a list of the esp's master files under "Parent Masters." This will tell you which master files you need to load along with your esp. Double-click the master files you need to load to place a checkmark next to them. Select your esp and place a checkmark next to it if it hasn't already been checked. With your esp highlighted, click "set as active file" then click "OK." You'll get a ton of error popups as your esp loads. Just click "Yes to All" every time an error message pops up. I don't know what those errors are for but everything I've read says just to ignore them. So, I've always ignored them. Never had a problem an updated esp. Depending on the esp, Creation Kit can take forever to load. After it loads, there will be a new little window that pops up that lists all the errors. Close that window. Then save your esp by clicking the save icon at the top. It looks like a floppy disk. And that's it! Close Creation Kit and replace your old esp with your new esp.