DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

1 hour ago, sheson said:

The texture textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_falls.dds ships with Realistic Water Two 3.x and newer and is installed with its core files.

DynDOLOD Resources does not include full textures from mods, because the installed mods include them.

Thanks so much for replying :-D

if I may ask...if what you say is true, then how come does the DynDOLOD resource pack include the textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_fallsnoalpha.dds file which is the other file in the edit scripts file?

16 minutes ago, Wolvyreen said:

Thanks so much for replying :-D

if I may ask...if what you say is true, then how come does the DynDOLOD resource pack include the textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_fallsnoalpha.dds file which is the other file in the edit scripts file?

The purpose of running TexGen is to update textures from the currently installed full textures so that they match.

The DynDOLOD Resource contains these textures that are used  by the meshes in DynDOLOD Resources so that there are no file not found issues, for example if TexGen wasn't run yet.

7 minutes ago, sheson said:

The purpose of running TexGen is to update textures from the currently installed full textures so that they match.

The DynDOLOD Resource contains textures that are used  by the meshes in DynDOLOD Resources so that there are no file not found issues, for example if TexGen wasn't run yet.

Ok, thanks.  Well then I will ask the mod author of RWT v5 for that missing file because TexGen is completely halting when it cannot find the file.

I just thought that the edit script is looking for the file and cant find it and the other file it is looking for is actually there in the DynDOLOD resource pack so I thought they both should be part of the resource pack.

Thanks Sheson :-D

Edited by Wolvyreen

17 minutes ago, Wolvyreen said:

Ok, thanks.  Well then I will ask the mod author of RWT v5 for that missing file because TexGen is completely halting when it cannot find the file.

I just thought that the edit script is looking for the file and cant find it and the other file it is looking for is actually there in the DynDOLOD resource pack so I thought they both should be part of the resource pack.

Thanks Sheson :-D

As already explained, the texture textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_falls.dds ships with Realistic Water Two 3.x and newer and is installed with its core files.

"and newer" means 4.x and 5.x as well.

3 minutes ago, sheson said:

As already explained, the texture textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_falls.dds ships with Realistic Water Two 3.x and newer and is installed with its core files.

Thanks Sheson :-)  You did already explain it and I did understand it. I just mentioned why I thought it was supposed to be part of the resource pack.

If I may ask, what is the actual resource pack for?

25 minutes ago, Wolvyreen said:

Well then I will ask the mod author of RWT v5 for that missing file

There is no need to ask the mod author for the full texture textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_falls.dds, since it already is shipping and installed with the Realistic Water Two SE version v5 you said you are using. You may want to double check the download archive and the installation of the mod.

10 minutes ago, Wolvyreen said:

If I may ask, what is the actual resource pack for?

From https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-Resources:

DynDOLOD Resources Core Files contains LOD assets required for object LOD and tree LOD generation.

4 minutes ago, sheson said:

There is no need to ask the mod author for the full texture textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_falls.dds, since it already is shipping and installed with the Realistic Water Two SE version v5 you said you are using.

From https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-Resources:

DynDOLOD Resources Core Files contains LOD assets required for object LOD and tree LOD generation.

Thank you Sheson. You are right....I too have confirmed that the file is there and it is also deployed with my Vortex Mod Manager in to the game directory.  Just to be 100% sure, I removed the mod completely and am now rerunning the texgen to see if it fails again.

Maybe something went wrong with my install of the mod itself.  If that is the case, I sincerely apologies if you feel I have wasted your time.

I will let you know if the process completes now.

I was getting an Index Out of Bounds error and I finally figured out how to fix it. Seeing that others occasionally get this as well, I thought I'd post here in case it helps others.

In TexGen you can type in the Units Per Pixel box and it will let you type values that don't appear in the list. In my case, I was typing 8. However, the Alpha version has the text '8.0 (1440p)'. You need to select that from the list - if you just type 8 into the box the code in the backend can't find that value in the list and gives the error.

Suggestion - you might want to limit that dropdown to only allowing a selection and not allowing typing.

Thanks for the great program! :)

4 hours ago, smallstonefan said:

I was getting an Index Out of Bounds error and I finally figured out how to fix it. Seeing that others occasionally get this as well, I thought I'd post here in case it helps others.

In TexGen you can type in the Units Per Pixel box and it will let you type values that don't appear in the list. In my case, I was typing 8. However, the Alpha version has the text '8.0 (1440p)'. You need to select that from the list - if you just type 8 into the box the code in the backend can't find that value in the list and gives the error.

Suggestion - you might want to limit that dropdown to only allowing a selection and not allowing typing.

Thanks for the great program! :)

Read the first post which log files and bugreport.txt to upload when making posts.

Quick question related to:

Warning: Initially disabled large reference in RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm [REFR:0600AE48] (places RockPileL02Wet [STAT:00039393] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:000095D7] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 10,-1))

I fixed the above by un-disabling it and sticking it way deep into the ground.

However, I thought ESM's were able to edit large references (that's how I end up fixing most "Overwritten large reference" warnings -- by flagging the esp as an esm).  Why is disabling them different?  Was marking it as "deleted" a valid option (instead of moving it under ground since it's a reference this esm added and also marked as disable)? 

Edited by Daemonjax
stuff

1 hour ago, Daemonjax said:

Quick question related to:

Warning: Initially disabled large reference in RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm [REFR:0600AE48] (places RockPileL02Wet [STAT:00039393] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:000095D7] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 10,-1))

I fixed the above by un-disabling it and sticking it way deep into the ground.

However, I thought ESM's were able to edit large references (that's how I end up fixing most "Overwritten large reference" warnings -- by flagging the esp as an esm).  Why is disabling them different?  Was marking it as "deleted" a valid option (instead of moving it under ground since it's a reference this esm added and also marked as disable)? 

Didn't DynDOLOD.esm already contain a similar change for that reference? it probably requires a z=-30,000 to take effect

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-References#Large-Reference-Bugs which explains some trigger of the bugs, including an example how an initially disabled reference in Skyrim.esm triggers the bug.

47 minutes ago, DarkladyLexy said:

hey sheson i have a issue with my distant Mountains that i can't figure out how to fix. I am preety sure it  related to the Underside mesh but why and how to fix i don't know

Jan 23 2022 18_42_26.jpg

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 3.4 MB · 1 download TexGen_SSE_log.txt 2.53 MB · 0 downloads

You need to increase your TerrainManager SkyrimPrefs.ini block distances (most notably fBlockMaximumDistance), as the underside mesh will show if the LOD doesn't cover it.

52 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

You need to increase your TerrainManager SkyrimPrefs.ini block distances (most notably fBlockMaximumDistance), as the underside mesh will show if the LOD doesn't cover it.

Thanks DoubleYou I have:

[TerrainManager]

bShowLODInEditor=1

fBlockLevel0Distance=75000.0000

fBlockLevel1Distance=140000.0000

fBlockMaximumDistance=300000.0000

fSplitDistanceMult=4.0000

fTreeLoadDistance=75000.0000

Edit: I had this set in the Skyrimcustom.ini I moved to Skyrimpref.ini and it look like that fixed it. Thou I Throught thing placed in Skyrimcustom.ini overwrote stuff in Skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini?

26 minutes ago, DarkladyLexy said:

Thanks Sheson I have:

[TerrainManager]

bShowLODInEditor=1

fBlockLevel0Distance=75000.0000

fBlockLevel1Distance=140000.0000

fBlockMaximumDistance=300000.0000

fSplitDistanceMult=4.0000

fTreeLoadDistance=75000.0000

Edit: I had this set in the Skyrimcustom.ini I moved to Skyrimpref.ini and it look like that fixed it. Thou I Throught thing placed in Skyrimcustom.ini overwrote stuff in Skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini?

SkyrimCustom.ini does NOT overwrite settings in SkyrimPrefs.ini, only ones placed in Skyrim.ini.