Dead Body Collision Fix (by LargeStyle)

rootsrat

Discussion thread:
Dead Body Collision by LargeStyle
Wiki Link

All dead bodies are now solid and can collide with yourself and other NPCs - no more walking straight through corpses. This applies to all characters so you can collide / stand on / stack up any corpses within Skyrim (yes even including dragons, giants, mammoths etc.) This should result in a more realistic and immersive experience!

Makes sense, no?

Dragon bones are large and cannot be moved by the player clicking on them. Therefore if they happen to die on a road or in the way of pathing NPCs... they may become stuck until the body rots away.

NPC pathing is the reason they have the corpse disintegration spell as well for normal corpses (imagine a wall of corpses blocking NPC pathing), unfortunately it doesn't work for Dragon Bones (Bethesda uses some sort of special object type for dragon bones).

Thats the only negative to this otherwise amazing add-on that should have been in game from the start.

OK, then I vote for its inclusion. I'd like a second opinion though from Farlo, s4n, Monty or TC though.

... Neo, would you create the mod page on the wiki or flesh out all of the missing info if already created? mentioning the dragon bones in the notes would be nice too (do they really rot away?).

OK, then I vote for its inclusion. I'd like a second opinion though from Farlo, s4n, Monty or TC though.

... Neo, would you create the mod page on the wiki or flesh out all of the missing info if already created? mentioning the dragon bones in the notes would be nice too (do they really rot away?).

If I get a chance...

It actually makes sense for the dragon bones to be too heavy to move for the player. Whether it's realistic that they just disappear at some point is another matter.

Not arguing that them being heavy is bad... just a fact that NPCs are not smart enough pathing to go around them.

Bodies go away when the cell containing them is reset. Both regular and Dragon.