Dead Body Collision Fix (by LargeStyle)

rootsrat

I also have not had problems with npc's I do however find it retarded that depending on what kind of body (what type of creature) stepping on it ca sometimes kill you though that's very rare. Save often and save well.

Yeah, I've never experienced the issue with the player being unable to reach the chopping block. 

I haven't had any issues with NPCs at all as they relate to this mod.

Same here, for both comments.

::EDIT::

And, as a matter of fact, I've never had the below problem either:

I also have not had problems with npc's I do however find it retarded that depending on what kind of body (what type of creature) stepping on it ca sometimes kill you though that's very rare. Save often and save well.

I rarely do loose SMALL AMOUNT of health, but then again I also do so sometimes when walking into falling rocks trap in a dungeon, after the trap was triggered and the rock are already on the floor, harmless. And the latter is a vanilla issue, so I guess similar or even the same mechanic kicks in with dead body collision.

To be fair walking through a mass of corpses each wielding swords' date=' etc that you could potentially cut yourself or bash your shin...[/quote']

... and I can prove it by showing you the gash I got last Thursday ... :lol:

I've seen several of the issues discussed in this thread. I've gotten small injuries from bones when this mod is active. I've had particular troubles with dragons since when they fall they sometimes block the only convenient passage to somewhere (e.g., the door at one of the Hearthfire homes and various places on the roads where it isn't easy to get around the blockage, especially for companions). The spell works on modest sized creature bones but it doesn't work for me on dragons.

The alternative is worse; walking through a huge set of dragon bones is certainly immersion breaking. It's reasonable for bones to provide partial blockages; ideally you could use a blunt weapon to break or at least move them when they cause blockage but that's a lot harder to implement than a spell.

ideally you could use a blunt weapon to break or at least move them when they cause blockage but that's a lot harder to implement than a spell.

This is an EXCELLENT idea! Maybe it should be suggested to the author of this mod to consider for implementation instead of the spell?

I just use Hunterborn's Dispose of Corpse functionality to get rid of the problematic corpses.

To be honest, I guess I've been lucky in that I haven't ever had to deal with a real corpse problem blocking my path or progress - so I really haven't had need of the mod thus far.

That being said, I do like Kel's idea of a way to bash/destroy a corpse. That seems ultimately more realistic than the dispersion spell.

• 4 months later...

Need to decide, to solidify Core, if we want the Fireball Spell version of the no spell version of this mod.

Personally, I have never had any issue with bodies blocking my path and have been using the no spell version because I believe it to add a non-vanilla asset to the game (which is against Core Mandate).

Thoughts?

I also disliked the fireball version.

I did not like adding in a spell to the game for something that you can just fix via the console if it is ever a problem.

And the only things that could really be a problem are dragons since you cannot just pick those up and move them.

Bears, wolves, humanoids etc. all can be picked up and moved out of the way if its an issue.