Dead Body Collision Fix (by LargeStyle)

rootsrat

I haven't had much time to actually play recently, but I did have a quick look at this, and I like the effect.  As I think someone else mentioned, it seems to play nicely with the Realistic Forces mod, and makes things feel more kinetic and tangible.  I'd be inclined to include it and tolerate the dead dragon dangers for now.

• 4 months later...

I'd honestly argue against installing the original version, and keep the one with the spell. It does add a non-vanilla spell, but I think other mods in the list add non-vanilla spells and items, and it's not like the spell added in this mod does any damage. All it does is remove bodies that you cast it at, which is quite useful, considering the fact that the bodies having collision can block you from getting to places (something I've experienced) and can kill you/NPCs (something else I've experienced).

I'm advocating to install the original version only for Core (optional file). The main version adds a non-vanilla spell to the game which isn't consistent with Core.

I'll second that, I'm doing a new install right now and came across this earlier. It should be the version with no spell. I believe v1.0.

I'd honestly argue against installing the original version, and keep the one with the spell. It does add a non-vanilla spell, but I think other mods in the list add non-vanilla spells and items, and it's not like the spell added in this mod does any damage. All it does is remove bodies that you cast it at, which is quite useful, considering the fact that the bodies having collision can block you from getting to places (something I've experienced) and can kill you/NPCs (something else I've experienced).

I'm with Omolong on this one. The spell is a mod tool. It is not a proper spell for your game. You just use it to get rid of the dead bodies if then obstruct the way. It's part of mod functionality I'd say, rather than a game changing addition. It does not alter vanilla experience, but it helps eliminate the negative impact of this mod. Honestly though, I only used it a few times since I've installed Dead Body Collision Fix and that was ages ago. So, saying that, the immersion you get from installing this mod are outweighting the small issue with your way being blocked with dead bodies.

Agree that this might be slated for removal from Core. ... And I mean the whole mod, as the possibility of pile-up and blockage is an addition that causes the need for the "fix of the fix".

What I'd like to know is whether or not the new spell makes a clean alteration that is never going to cause issues with downstream mods (I'd like kryptopyr's input here if she sees this). If not, then I think it should be retained in Core with the added spell.

Well, I'm not an expert on scripts or the ways in which they can create problems. However, this spell uses what looks like a very simple and straightforward script, and there's nothing about it that I would expect to cause any problems with saves or with other mods.

I've not had a chance to try this mod out yet, but it's one that I've been interested in for awhile now. I seem to remember reading several comments about problems at the very beginning of the game, where the player's character can't reach the chopping block due to the body of the dead stormcloak. Has anyone here experienced this issue?

My other concerns with this mod are having corpses blocking passages and/or being killed when you kick a corpse or it falls into you. The spell is designed to help with the first issue, but it's not a perfect fix particularly if you get stuck or have limited maneuverability during combat. My other concern is whether this mod truly increases immersion. If NPCs end up getting stuck or walking into bodies and not around them, then it seems as if we're really just trading one immersion-breaking issue (walking through bodies) for another (blatantly dumb AI behavior).

Since I've not tried this mod yet, I don't have an informed opinion about whether or not it should be removed from Core. However, I feel that if any of the concerns I listed above are actually valid then this mod probably has too much of an effect on the game's playability for it to be included in Core, and it should probably be in a pack instead.