Dead Body Collision Fix (by LargeStyle)

rootsrat

I haven't noticed a "chokepoint" issue either, but I just downloaded the "fireball" version so I can immersively clear it if it occurs. 

This. If you're running into chokepoints (I never have) then use the fireball version to clear them away in a more lore friendly manner. The only way I could see you running into a ton of chokepoints is via cheating with one-kill shots from weapons or you're leveled enough that when shooting your ranged weapons they kill in one shot and you're doing this while the enemies are running out of the doorways. Valid point if so; however, that is what the fireball version is for.

• 2 months later...

I, for one, will be remoivng this from my personal mod setup. In my opinion, the poor collision physics where you slip and slide around on corpses and get stuck, ocassionally get hurt or killed because of errant physics, and generally having to go out of my way to avoid corpses or get glitched and thrown several feet away into a trap or something ruins immersion far more than being able to walk through corpses. There's a reason why games such as Half-Life 2 figured out that the player colliding with corpses was a bad idea a decade ago. The disconnect between the movement I expect the character to make as a player and the actual, glitchy movement that is a result of interacting with ragdolls absolutely shatters any immersion I might have.

There's a fine line between realism and fun, and sometimes concessions need to be made where one must be sacrificed in order to ensure the other. I feel like this sacrifices fun for the sake of realism, and I think that it doesn't do an altogether good job at creating realism either. I don't know how valued the opinion of this lurker will be, but I'm just throwing my two cents in after playing with the mod for a few dozen hours.

Edited by sgtnapalm

• 2 months later...

I just want to report "flying bodies" issue as so many others. And yeah it break immersion to run through corpses and skeletons, but even more immerse breaking is it to see dead bodies or skeletons be kicked 5 meters away or in the right situation fly around after walking over them. Yeah it dont happen that often but often enough to make annoying. This happen also in fights with a few dead corpses on the ground. I'm a noob but I will not recommend this mod...cool idea but not working well enough due to Skyrims physics engine.

I have to say that it add some funny situations though :)

• 4 months later...

I just started having this problem where walking over a body is like I'm kicking them out of the way. Didn't happen before. Maybe the culprit is within MMO, as that's the latest setup I'm running with Core+REGS. Btw, I love MMO!! Best experience so far! I need to keep playing to make sure everything is working properly.

Edited by FuzzRocket9