DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Thank You for your quick reply.   Much appreciated. 

Sorry, forgot to attach file on last post.   When I run Loot this my result.  

Failed to sort plugins. Details:

Cyclic interaction detected between "T'Skyrim Whiterun.esp" and "DynDOLOD.esm":

T'Skyrim Whiterun.esp

 [Master]

DynDOLOD.esm

 [Master Flag]

T'Skyrim Whiterun.esp

If you require my .ESM, how do I get it to you or the best way?

Thank you Again,.

From the manual:

After generation completed with the message 'DynDOLOD Worlds completed successfully', click 'Save & Exit' to close DynDOLOD.exe and let it save the newley created or updated DynDOLOD plugins.

From the splash screen of DynDOLOD:

Carefully read any messages. Do not save changes to any plugins unless the process ends with a "DynDOLOD Worlds completed successfully" message. In case something unexpected happens, check the last few lines of the log. In many cases the FAQ will provide help.

The last few lines from the log:

Exception in unit userscript line 350: Can not copy RockCliff08_HeavySN [sTAT:0002ED7A] from BDS - MM Patch.esp into DynDOLOD.esp Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 5767)

Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.

Notice the absence of the message 'DynDOLOD Worlds completed successfully'

From the FAQ

Q: DynDOLOD.exe: Can not copy xxxx from xxxx.esp into xxx.esp
A: Often caused by a broken bashed patch. Use a newer Wrye Bash version to create the patch or do not use the merge patches option. 
A: There is a plugin in the load order with errors. Check the load order for errors with xEdit.exe before generating LOD. Fix all errors. See this video for help. 

The obvious first plugin to check for errors would be BDS - MM Patch.esp.
If it runs through without the plugin in the load order, it means there is probably an issue with it that needs to be fixed. If xEdit doesn't find any errors in it, upload it somewhere for me to test.

Edited by sheson

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question, I know your FAQ says this 

More LOD uses more memory and this can cause infinite loading screen (ILS)

and that... 

This should generally not be a problem with Skyrim Special Edition or Skyrim VR

I'm playing on SSE, and I have been getting ILS' recently on fast travel though, but only on an extended play session (about an hour long) and on a save with a bunch of hours clocked in already. With my DynDOLOD settings, no issues seem to occur on fresh test saves. So this leads me to my question- as a save progresses, is more and more LOD data baked into it? Or is everything as it was when the save was first created?

Edited by Martimius

Terrain, object and tree LOD are just meshes/textures and never baked into saves. Skyrim can only use 3.1GB memory and without a memory patch has issues allocating it properly causing ILS/CTD.

Skyrim Special Edition has no such memory issues. ILS is probably caused by corrupt assets or plugin data.

Dynamic LOD uses scripting and script states are saved in the games save and/or SKSE cosave. There is nothing special about it. The vanilla game does this 10 fold all the time.

Edited by sheson

How do I check for corrupted plugin data? Just select all of them and run the “Check for errors†in xEdit?

EDIT: I've checked for errors in xEdit. Nothing glaring besides some missing tintmasks in NPCs, Navmesh triangle warnings, and NPC packages/refs not being "persistent".

Edited by Martimius

Hello, quick question:

Is the procedure of installing dyndolod for SE with open cities the same as old skyrim?

Have things changed?

Follow the instructions in the manual. The steps are the same for any Skyrim version.

• +1 1

another question, in the linked tutorial he unchecks "Have MO manage archives" but this option is not available anymore in the latest MO.

do i need to do anything else to have MO not manage my bsa's?

Edited by draugr

There are no hidden steps missing from the instructions in the manual. Also, users are expected to know how the mod manager the are using works.

Ok i've installed it and it works wonderfully, thank you alot.

But seeing all the lod rocks stuctures etc. made me think it's so barren without any grass in the distance.

Is it possible to also add grass lods further away just like all the other objects?

Ok i've installed it and it works wonderfully, thank you alot.

But seeing all the lod rocks stuctures etc. made me think it's so barren without any grass in the distance.

Is it possible to also add grass lods further away just like all the other objects?

Grass is a shader and has no LOD. It can be somewhat simulated with specially prepared landscape textures for xLODGen terrain LOD texture generation as is being done by Terrain LOD Redone or Cathedral Landscapes.

Edited by sheson

hey, im having trouble getting this to work. When i load in i get an infinite title screen, when i try to sort with loot, i get this error

Cyclic interaction detected between "DynDOLOD.esm" and "DynDOLOD.esm":

DynDOLOD.esm
 [Master]
DynDOLOD.esm

I do not have two dyndolod esms so i have no idea why this is happening, even when i disable the plugins, i get this error

thanks for any help

hey, im having trouble getting this to work. When i load in i get an infinite title screen, when i try to sort with loot, i get this error

Cyclic interaction detected between "DynDOLOD.esm" and "DynDOLOD.esm":

DynDOLOD.esm
 [Master]
DynDOLOD.esm

I do not have two dyndolod esms so i have no idea why this is happening, even when i disable the plugins, i get this error

thanks for any help

Post the log obviously.