xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 111 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

I've been having infinite load screens when entering the overworld or fast traveling, which went away when I disabled occlusion.esp. Regenerating the esp didn't help, and I haven't seen any error messages when generating - how should I go about diagnosing what is causing this? I'm sure it's occlusion exposing a problem in some other mod, but I'm not sure how to identify the cause.

I've been having infinite load screens when entering the overworld or fast traveling, which went away when I disabled occlusion.esp. Regenerating the esp didn't help, and I haven't seen any error messages when generating - how should I go about diagnosing what is causing this? I'm sure it's occlusion exposing a problem in some other mod, but I'm not sure how to identify the cause.

You obviously have looked at Occlusion.esp in xEdit already? All it does it overwrite existing CELL records and update/add TVDT (and MHDT if is missing).

If Bashed Patch was part of the load order and had CELL records then that would be the first thing to look at.

The obvious method to troubleshoot this is to remove half the overwrites and test if problem still occurs.

If not, restore backup and remove the other half.

repeat until only one record remains.

So I tried generating occlusion.esp from scratch with bashed patch disabled, and I'm still getting the ILS only with occlusion.esp enabled. Are there any other troubleshooting steps you'd recommend?

As already mentioned, remove half the records in a binary search until the problematic one remains.

• +1 1

Hi,

New xLodGen user here, i have an issue when generating i have only the texture folder in my output not the mesh one.

And in the log file i find this:

[00:09] <Error: Could not execute "E:\Téléchargements\Programs\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" "E:\Téléchargements\Programs\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGen_Terrain_Tamriel.txt">
[00:09] [Tamriel] Terrain LOD meshes generation error: System Error.  Code: 109.

Someone know this issue??

Thanks in advance.
Edited by wavejumper

Hi,

New xLodGen user here, i have an issue when generating i have only the texture folder in my output not the mesh one.

And in the log file i find this:

[00:09]
[00:09] [Tamriel] Terrain LOD meshes generation error: System Error.  Code: 109.

Someone know this issue??

Thanks in advance.

The OS or some 3rd party tool is probably preventing xLODGen from running. Check if LODGen_log.txt contains any useful information.

Do not install anything into special Windows folders like Program Files x86.

Make sure to set a dedicated output folder with -o

• 3 weeks later...

I have problem with flickering LODs on FO4. Something like z-fighting, but different. 

Any ideas?

https://i.imgur.com/iYroXyJ.jpg

Example - windows on crosshair zone

You have tested this with vanilla LOD and it happens as well.

Then this is is z-fighting. 2 different shapes with different textures occupy close to the same 3D space and once far away enough the z-buffer precision is too low to keep them separate.

A solution would be to edit the vanilla LOD models of the windows  / the LOD BGSM files and set the Decal and Decal No Fade flags on the Windows that should be in front. In case BGSM need to be edited its best to make a new filename to make sure only the Windows use the flags.

For decals flags to work, create an options file "FO4LODGen_Fallout4_Commonwealth_Options.txt" in the Edit Scripts folder and add a line with UseDecalFlag=True.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

I thought someone could help me. While was working on a new worldspace of Skyrim I have generated the terrain and object lods several times through xlod. But recently I stumbled upon on a problem, where after generating lod I couldn't visit to cells (exterior cells). Every time I enter to a cell the game crashes to desktop. Well, I still can go to few cells of the world, but in most cells the game just crashes. Its a new problem I am facing. Although I can visit the cells if I delete the lod meshes and texture.

Could anybody please kindly help me? 

Edited by HighRiderFreak

Hello,
I thought someone could help me. While was working on a new worldspace of Skyrim I have generated the terrain and object lods several times through xlod. But recently I stumbled upon on a problem, where after generating lod I couldn't visit to cells (exterior cells). Every time I enter to a cell the game crashes to desktop. Well, I still can go to few cells of the world, but in most cells the game just crashes. Its a new problem I am facing. Although I can visit the cells if I delete the lod meshes and texture.

Could anybody please kindly help me? 

This might be caused by textures that are used directly instead of being on the object LOD atlas. Make sure all textures are put on the atlas, or in case something they are used directly that they are correct/support format. It is also possible this is caused by using full models for object LOD and the conversion lets something through that is not supported in LOD.

Instead of just deleting all meshes and textures, delete in a binary search until only the problematic file(s) are left. 

First remove tree (*btt and *.lst) and terrain (*.btr) LOD meshes so that only object (*.bto) LOD meshes are left. If the problem goes away then remove the object LOD and either only put pack tree or terrain LOD meshes until you now which of the 3 LOD types it is.

Then move a half of the meshes files to a backup folder. If the problem goes away restore those files and remove the other half. Repeat until only one or a handful files are left.

Then check those files in NifSkope for obvious problems / used textures.

Upload file to a fileservice so I can review if help is needed.

This might be caused by textures that are used directly instead of being on the object LOD atlas. Make sure all textures are put on the atlas, or in case something they are used directly that they are correct/support format. It is also possible this is caused by using full models for object LOD and the conversion lets something through that is not supported in LOD.

Instead of just deleting all meshes and textures, delete in a binary search until only the problematic file(s) are left. 

First remove tree (*btt and *.lst) and terrain (*.btr) LOD meshes so that only object (*.bto) LOD meshes are left. If the problem goes away then remove the object LOD and either only put pack tree or terrain LOD meshes until you now which of the 3 LOD types it is.

Then move a half of the meshes files to a backup folder. If the problem goes away restore those files and remove the other half. Repeat until only one or a handful files are left.

Thank you very much for the reply  ::):   I will  try soon.

Hey I have run into another problem. Now its showing the "LODGen Process Error, Exit Code 00000193"

Here's the entire log,

https://pastebin.com/k92Ew5ci