MTichenor says that you should be allow to run SkyRealism with 146 ENB just fine, so it's worth a try. According to him, once you put the latest ENB DLL in, the config should get updated with relevant INI lines if needed, so no changes necessary. Whether it will look as good is another matter, but it's up to you to test it (or ask for feedback from other users on the mod's page).

I have long verified that this is true. The trick is knowing how to spot changes to INI structure and what they mean. Sometimes, very strange things can happen, but you just need to know what of the current INI settings are causing the issue and reset those values. It is just a matter of a lot of trial and error.
So you're saying that adding the updated DLL also adds any missing parameters to the enbseries.ini file? That's how I'm reading this and this doesn't seem likely as it would need permission from Windows to modify a file that is in it's installation directory. From my 8 hours of testing a few weeks ago, I can confirm that popping in a newer DLL doesn't add new parameters to the enbseries.ini file on my system. The new parameters are present in the DLL file, but would not be in the enbseries.ini file unless they are added manually. In many cases, Boris's updates only include tweaked parameter settings and not new parameters. The result of adding in the v0.139 DLL into the older SkyRealism version that used v0.119 was a fish bowl effect with the lens in interiors because the new parameters for interiors were not present in the enbseries.ini file.

That's right, at least according to MTichenor. Haven't tested it myself, mind you.

MTichenor says that you should be allow to run SkyRealism with 146 ENB just fine, so it's worth a try. According to him, once you put the latest ENB DLL in, the config should get updated with relevant INI lines if needed, so no changes necessary. Whether it will look as good is another matter, but it's up to you to test it (or ask for feedback from other users on the mod's page).

I have long verified that this is true. The trick is knowing how to spot changes to INI structure and what they mean. Sometimes, very strange things can happen, but you just need to know what of the current INI settings are causing the issue and reset those values. It is just a matter of a lot of trial and error.
So you're saying that adding the updated DLL also adds any missing parameters to the enbseries.ini file? That's how I'm reading this and this doesn't seem likely as it would need permission from Windows to modify a file that is in it's installation directory. From my 8 hours of testing a few weeks ago, I can confirm that popping in a newer DLL doesn't add new parameters to the enbseries.ini file on my system. The new parameters are present in the DLL file, but would not be in the enbseries.ini file unless they are added manually. In many cases, Boris's updates only include tweaked parameter settings and not new parameters. The result of adding in the v0.139 DLL into the older SkyRealism version that used v0.119 was a fish bowl effect with the lens in interiors because the new parameters for interiors were not present in the enbseries.ini file.
Not necessarily. If you replace the DLL with something that uses a new parameter not located within the INI file, then once launched, the default configs for the missing parameters will be populated within the existing 'outdated' INI. I have UAC disabled, so that could be one reason that you may not have seen this.
With no UAC I could see this might happen, but usually Windows protects these files even without UAC...not to mention if you have a good antivirus, it should pick up on this with an alert. Here's that fish bowl effect:

Posted Image

Not necessarily. If you replace the DLL with something that uses a new parameter not located within the INI file, then once launched, the default configs for the missing parameters will be populated within the existing 'outdated' INI. I have UAC disabled, so that could be one reason that you may not have seen this.
With no UAC I could see this might happen, but usually Windows protects these files even without UAC...not to mention if you have a good antivirus, it should pick up on this with an alert. Here's that fish bowl effect:

Posted Image

This is the Camara settings. I don't know much about those, but try disabling as a first test.

Oh' date=' I'm not having those issues. That was the result of using the old SkyRealism with the v0.139 DLL of ENBSeries. It was just an example that the parameters weren't being added to the enbseries.ini and that was the result.[/quote']

Oh, I see. I will try it out as well ... but those could still be camera settings that no longer apply

Oh' date=' I'm not having those issues. That was the result of using the old SkyRealism with the v0.139 DLL of ENBSeries. It was just an example that the parameters weren't being added to the enbseries.ini and that was the result.[/quote']

Oh' date=' I see. I will try it out as well ... but those could still be camera settings that no longer apply[/quote']

I was able to correct the issue when I manually updated the enbseries.ini file with all the new parameters. It had something to do with the new separate Day/Night parameters that was introduced for exteriors and interiors. Exteriors rendered correctly; however, interiors were messed up without the new parameters added to the enbseries.ini file.

OK BTT in someway, since I've already hijacked the changelog thread :D

I'm currently using this combination:

[General]

sLanguage=ENGLISH

uGridsToLoad=7
uExterior Cell Buffer=64
sIntroSequence=

iLargeIntRefCount=262144

fFlickeringLightDistance=8192

[Display]

fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0

fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0

fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048

bAllowScreenshot=1

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0

fSunUpdateThreshold=2.0

fDecalLifetime=512.0

fNearDistance=18.0000

[Audio]

fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0

fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0

fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0

fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0

[Grass]

bAllowCreateGrass=1

bAllowLoadGrass=0
iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=6

[GeneralWarnings]

SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master

files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for

more information.

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim -

Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

[Combat]

fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0

fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

f1PBoltTiltUpAngle=0.7

f3PBoltTiltUpAngle=0.7

[Actor]

fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288.0000

[Camera]

fOverShoulderAddY=0.0

fOverShoulderPosZ=18.0

fOverShoulderPosX=0.0

fOverShoulderCombatAddY=0.0

fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=24.0

fOverShoulderCombatPosX=0.0

fOverShoulderHorseAddY=-72.0

fOverShoulderHorsePosZ=50.0

fOverShoulderHorsePosX=35.0

fActorFadeOutLimit=-100

fMouseWheelZoomSpeed=60.0

f1st3rdSwitchDelay=0.95

iHorseTransitionMillis=001

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

[Water]

bReflectLODObjects=1

bReflectLODLand=1

bReflectSky=1

bReflectLODTrees=1

[Interface]

fBookOpenTime=200.0

fSafeZoneX=10

fSafeZoneY=10

fSafeZoneXWide=10

fSafeZoneYWide=10

Posted Image

[General]
fBrightLightColorB=1.0000
fBrightLightColorG=1.0000
fBrightLightColorR=1.0000
iStoryManagerLoggingEvent=-1
bEnableStoryManagerLogging=0
[Imagespace]
bDoDepthOfField=1
iRadialBlurLevel=2
[Display]
iBlurDeferredShadowMask=3
fInteriorShadowDistance=3000.0000
fShadowDistance=8000
iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=2048
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=4096
iShadowSplitCount=2
iMaxAnisotropy=0
fLeafAnimDampenDistEnd=4600.0000
fLeafAnimDampenDistStart=3600.0000
fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=1e+007
fGamma=1.0000
fDecalLOD2=1500.0000
fDecalLOD1=1000.0000
fSpecularLODStartFade=2000
fShadowLODStartFade=200.0000
fLightLODStartFade=3500
iTexMipMapMinimum=0
iTexMipMapSkip=0
iWaterMultiSamples=0
iMultiSample=0
bTransparencyMultisample=0
iShadowMode=3
bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bDrawLandShadows=1
bShadowsOnGrass=1
bFull Screen=1
iSize H=1080
iSize W=1920
fMeshLODFadePercentDefault=1.2000
fMeshLODFadeBoundDefault=256.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeTreeDistance=2048.0000
fMeshLODLevel1FadeTreeDistance=2844.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=1e+007
fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=1e+007
iScreenShotIndex=2
bShadowMaskZPrepass=0
bMainZPrepass=0
iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=25
iMaxDecalsPerFrame=256
bFloatPointRenderTarget=1
sD3DDevice="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680"
bFXAAEnabled=0
iShadowMapResolution=4096
fShadowBiasScale=0.15
iShadowMaskQuarter=4
iAdapter=0
iPresentInterval=1
[Grass]
b30GrassVS=0
fGrassStartFadeDistance=7000
fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=7000.0000
fGrassMinStartFadeDistance=0.0000
[MAIN]
bGamepadEnable=1
bCrosshairEnabled=1
fHUDOpacity=1.000
bSaveOnPause=1
bSaveOnTravel=1
bSaveOnWait=1
bSaveOnRest=1
fSkyCellRefFadeDistance=500000.0000
[GamePlay]
bShowFloatingQuestMarkers=1
bShowQuestMarkers=1
iDifficulty=2
[Interface]
bDialogueSubtitles=0
bGeneralSubtitles=0
[Controls]
fGamepadHeadingSensitivity=1.0000
fMouseHeadingSensitivity=0.0125
bAlwaysRunByDefault=1
bInvertYValues=0
bGamePadRumble=1
bMouseAcceleration=0
[Particles]
iMaxDesired=750
[SaveGame]
fAutosaveEveryXMins=15.0000
[AudioMenu]
fAudioMasterVolume=1.0000
fVal7=1.0000
uID7=0
fVal6=1.0000
uID6=0
fVal5=1.0000
uID5=0
fVal4=1.0000
uID4=0
fVal3=1.0000
uID3=0
fVal2=0.4000
uID2=466532
fVal1=1.0000
uID1=554685
fVal0=0.8000
uID0=1007612
[Clouds]
fCloudLevel2Distance=262144.0000
fCloudLevel1Distance=32768.0000
fCloudLevel0Distance=16384.0000
fCloudNearFadeDistance=9000.0000
[TerrainManager]
fTreeLoadDistance=140000
fBlockMaximumDistance=500000
fBlockLevel1Distance=140000
fBlockLevel0Distance=75000
fSplitDistanceMult=4.0
bShowLODInEditor=0
[NavMesh]
fObstacleAlpha=0.5000
fCoverSideHighAlpha=0.8000
fCoverSideLowAlpha=0.6500
fEdgeFullAlpha=1.0000
fEdgeHighAlpha=0.7500
fEdgeLowAlpha=0.5000
fTriangleFullAlpha=0.7000
fTriangleHighAlpha=0.3500
fTriangleLowAlpha=0.2000
fLedgeBoxHalfHeight=25.0000
fEdgeDistFromVert=10.0000
fEdgeThickness=10.0000
fPointSize=2.5000
[Trees]
bRenderSkinnedTrees=1
uiMaxSkinnedTreesToRender=20
[Decals]
uMaxDecals=1000
bDecals=1
bSkinnedDecals=1
uMaxSkinDecals=100
uMaxSkinDecalsPerActor=60
bDecalsOnSkinnedGeometry=1
[LOD]
fLODFadeOutMultObjects=15
fLODFadeOutMultItems=15
fLODFadeOutMultActors=15
[Launcher]
bEnableFileSelection=1
bShowAllResolutions=1
uLastAspectRatio=3
[BlurShaderHDR]
bDoHighDynamicRange=1
[BlurShader]
bUseBlurShader=0

Skyrealism ENB 2.3 vanilla (ssao, DOF, Sunrays and reflections enabled) using 1.39 d3d9.dll and smaa_d3d9.dll.

COT 2.1 with dawnguard Patch, RLO, Full STEP excluding Immersive skyrim thunder and including the patch for lightning during thunder storms. Let's see what my performance says X-P

Well, I'm not really impressed. Of course it halves my framerate when I'm using ENB with this setup, but my FPS is still put at 30 FPS (almost as if it was capped :D). No problems whatsoever, still really fluent.

But the quality is... not really what I expected. I'm going to switch off SSAO, to try SGSSAA again.