Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Wow, you weren't exaggerating about Vividian 7, it looks amazing. I was not expecting that big of a change. The new official alpha version, 7.4, went up sometime today if you haven't seen it yet. I just noticed it and haven't checked it out yet but it sounds like he changed the nights so they're not as dark but a dark nights option is in the works.

Told ya so! Checking out Alpha 4 today.

Are you reconsidering Even Better Quest Objectives?

Yep, talking to Will on steam as we speak actually.

Posted a bug report over at the Mod Organizer Bug Genie: https://issue.tannin.eu/tbg/modorganizer/issues/1150

Looks like the internal installer is incapable of overwriting an already installed file or something to that effect (at least with the DSR installer). External installer works OK. Will keep you guys informed.

i.e.

Folder 000 Base Mod is installed first, it contains a meshes/weapons/imperial folder with ImperialSwordLeft.nif and ImperialSwordSheath.nif with weapon straps. This is from the "Patcher and Base Mods" option.

Folder 000 Base Mod - On Back Meshes is installed later, it contains a meshes/weapons/imperial folder with ImperialSwordLeft.nif and ImperialSwordSheath.nif without weapon straps. This is from the "YES" to the "Swords on Back" option.

Using external installer - the final result shows the nifs without weapon straps. (as you'd expect)

Using internal installer - the final result shows the nifs with weapon straps. (doh!).

Also reported that auto detection isn't working.

Unfortunately, I am unable to completely ascertain how many mods this has affected and kicking myself for not seeing it sooner.

Edit: Found a workaround by adding priorities to vanilla replacers. Will be uploading the fix tommorow night (Don't have time to do it tonight). Tannin should still look at it though.

Posted a bug report over at the Mod Organizer Bug Genie: https://issue.tannin.eu/tbg/modorganizer/issues/1150

Looks like the internal installer is incapable of overwriting an already installed file or something to that effect (at least with the DSR installer). External installer works OK. Will keep you guys informed.

i.e.

Folder 000 Base Mod is installed first, it contains a meshes/weapons/imperial folder with ImperialSwordLeft.nif and ImperialSwordSheath.nif with weapon straps. This is from the "Patcher and Base Mods" option.

Folder 000 Base Mod - On Back Meshes is installed later, it contains a meshes/weapons/imperial folder with ImperialSwordLeft.nif and ImperialSwordSheath.nif without weapon straps. This is from the "YES" to the "Swords on Back" option.

Using external installer - the final result shows the nifs without weapon straps. (as you'd expect)

Using internal installer - the final result shows the nifs with weapon straps. (doh!).

Also reported that auto detection isn't working.

Unfortunately, I am unable to completely ascertain how many mods this has affected and kicking myself for not seeing it sooner.

Edit: Found a workaround by adding priorities to vanilla replacers. Will be uploading the fix tommorow night (Don't have time to do it tonight). Tannin should still look at it though.

There are currently 49 mods using FOMOD installer in the guide. I installed them using mixed external and internal installers. Should we check all of them? I am not noticing any anomaly in my limited playthrough.

Edited by darkside

Getting a java machine exception error trying to run the latest Dual Sheath Redux patch. I don't use SUM, if that matters... but I don't have a problem with version 1.7.

Hrm, first report so far. Try ticking the force patch on exit check box.

I don't even get that far, it doesn't even go to the patch screen. Gonna try updating java.

Edit: yep that was it. I was running 1.7 update 55, updated to 1.8 update 45.

Edited by Azum

Hey is this still needed with the new vividian?

Select enblocal.ini and click [Edit], set EnableProxyLibrary=true and ProxyLibrary=d3d9_smaa.dll to enable automatic usage of SMAA if installed

cause the library doesn't get installed with it