Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Nozzler66 to be clear, I'm done with the guide, just proposing some clarifications based on my experience. I.e. your options A/B could make a perfect addition. As far as hook.dll — I specifically downloaded the version of MO used in the guide (1.2.18) which is as of this writing still marked latest on Nexus by the author. Not sure if 1.3.x had the fix and would've worked, I prefer to keep my extreme nightmare adventures within the game.

Conflict Resolution should be before bashed patch and DynDOLOD.esp and RSShelter.esp are directly below bashed patch. Assuming you input all the rules properly in BUM.

Thank you Neo.. that's what I thought. Figured out my mistake.. I missed the BUM rule for SR Conflict Resolution.esp at the bottom of it's page.

I can definitely tell the difference, objects that previously were invisible are now visible. My understanding is DynDOLOD does provide some culling for behind mountains... but I could be wrong on that.

I meant I can't tell the difference with the shadow settings, not the the DynDOLODs.

Edited by statmonster

The lower shadow settings are mostly to counter lag and stutters in high-clutter exteriors that come with mods like JK's cities and ETaC I feel. I didn't notice much of a difference in my regular SRLE profile either. In the case of the new lods causing fps issues, I don't think lowering those shadow settings will help you get many frames back

Btw Neo I've been wanting to ask you.. Do you notice much of a difference in VRAM related stutters or overall smoothness now that you upgraded to a 980? I'm aiming for a gameplay profile/enb atm that can average around 50 fps in exteriors with a single 970 (except for towns), but I seem to be unable to play without major stutters no matter what settings I use in enblocal.ini. I've been playing around with many different other settings too trying to rule out possible causes but the only variable I can't really change right now is my gpu. I am going over that 3500 VRAM treshold at times because of additional mods like Verdant, ETaC and landscape texture replacers. It's just that I'm unsure if it's the 970 causing stutters at that point or if I'm just expecting too much of the game. So yeah, I was wondering about your experiences.

Neov, you mentioned you used "ugrids 5" for the screenshots. Do you suggest adding it to the ini, or was it for testing purposes? I've added it in the past but feel like it affects performance. It may just be imagined tho.

Nice flickr shots btw Pretendeavor!

Edited by Jverv

Ugrids 5 is the default. In other words this what you get when you don't have this entry at all in INI file. Your performance decrease is most likely caused by other settings/mods. Or even placebo effect :)

Had a feeling it was placebo!! So funny how settings are so sensitive that you feel like the littlest things screw with performance. Thanks Smokem

Neo, will you update the modified version of RS?Just to let you know Jawz will be updating the mod again.

In that case it would be silly for me to look at it now. :)

In all seriousness though, don't think there will be any major changes from the version currently up, if any.

After running the Dyndolod script I noticed it put the folder skse > plugins > StorageUtilData in my MO overwrite folder. The rest of the output got correctly placed in the folder I chose, including a second StorageUtilData folder (an empty one). I just bunched the files together and installed it as a new mod in MO, but I didn't see anything about the overwrite folder mentioned in the guide. Is this supposed to happen or did I mess something up?

After running the Dyndolod script I noticed it put the folder skse > plugins > StorageUtilData in my MO overwrite folder. The rest of the output got correctly placed in the folder I chose, including a second StorageUtilData folder (an empty one). I just bunched the files together and installed it as a new mod in MO, but I didn't see anything about the overwrite folder mentioned in the guide. Is this supposed to happen or did I mess something up?

Its a bug of dyndolod, I just have it write to my overwrite folder. Haven't had many problems with it.

The folder in overwrite is the first world generated, just transfer the files over but dont overwrite anything. The stuff in the folder you chose is newer and is the version you want to use.

Edited by Hazado

Its a bug of dyndolod, I just have it write to my overwrite folder. Haven't had many problems with it.

The folder in overwrite is the first world generated, just transfer the files over but dont overwrite anything. The stuff in the folder you chose is newer and is the version you want to use.

Interesting, I didn't have anything show up in my overwrite.

When I updated I cleared the output mod in mo, deleted the TES5Edit cache, and reinstalled the base mod from scratch.

I gues you mean ELE? Because Jawz isn't working on Real Shelter as far as I know.^^

RS is also short for Relighting Skyrim. :)

Also RS kids, Real Shelter, among others... lol.