Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

I also use LOOT with my SR:LE + REGS + PerMa guide no issues. You HAVE to use the beta version though as the stable version isn't near as good. All of the issues I had with LOOT were from the stable version and it required a ton of custom rules. I have yet to find anything game breaking with the LOOT Beta (v7) in conjunction with the Wyre Bash beta (LOOT adds the bashed tags automatically) which saves tons of esp slots and therefore saves me time in TES5Edit which isn't a problem but it's also something that I'd like to do as little as possible of.

I'm currently redownloading everything and starting fresh (nuking MO and the tools and optimizing my textures and such in preparation of a watercooling upgrade and OS reinstall)

When I did my Vividian merge tonight, my meshes, textures and Vividian install files didn't end up in my overwrite folder. Did something go wrong? I'm guessing I can just copy them into the merged mod

Interesting, make sure your merge script setup is good and your using 1.9.5 as specified in the guide. In any case, yes you can copy them manually without issue.

I also use LOOT with my SR:LE + REGS + PerMa guide no issues. You HAVE to use the beta version though as the stable version isn't near as good. All of the issues I had with LOOT were from the stable version and it required a ton of custom rules. I have yet to find anything game breaking with the LOOT Beta (v7) in conjunction with the Wyre Bash beta (LOOT adds the bashed tags automatically) which saves tons of esp slots and therefore saves me time in TES5Edit which isn't a problem but it's also something that I'd like to do as little as possible of.

I'm currently redownloading everything and starting fresh (nuking MO and the tools and optimizing my textures and such in preparation of a watercooling upgrade and OS reinstall)

Maybe I will give it another shot and see what it does.

I also switched to LOOT a while back and have been happy with the v7 version.  I was really skeptical when LOOT first came out and didn't care for it at all but I finally tried it again ( after getting sick of Skyre and the load order voodoo that it brings with it.  I couldn't believe it but LOOT cleared my issues right up.  Go figure... ) with the beta version and have only had to make a few rules, which I've found are really easy to do, once you get used to it.  For the most part it does a great job now.

LOOT is good for novice users because it will always find a place to put the esp in a way that Skyrim will not CTD upon startup simply because it does analyze masters for each mode and will never put a mod above the master.

The bad part about LOOT is that there are no sorting categories: you can only specify that this esp should go after that or set a global priority which is just a number.

For the large mod packs LOOT will definitely put by default some mods that they override each other in a way that your game will have a lot of obvious issues (maybe not CTDs, but mods just not working as intended, balance issues etc).

I have right now 450 mods, 250 esps (quite a few merged), my conflict resolution patch which is about 800 kBs already and just about 30 simple BOSS rules... When I tried to switch to LOOT I ended up with 43(!) LOOT custom rules and it definitely didn't worth my time to do that.

Edited by raycrios

Neo, in your guide under the tools section you have ENB Manager and Changer as a tool. There is a another program written in c# that will write back any changes made in the game. It is ENB Man - An ENB Manager.

The interface is similar to the java ENB Manager by Legend Aeternus. I used his manager for quite some time, but I disliked the fact that the changes to enblocal/enbseries made in-game didn't get applied back to the preset stored by the manager. So I created my own manager specifically to add this feature. I'm uploading it here for anyone to use.

Just thought you would like to know.

Neo, in your guide under the tools section you have ENB Manager and Changer as a tool. There is a another program written in c# that will write back any changes made in the game. It is ENB Man - An ENB Manager.

Just thought you would like to know.

^ I am using ENB Man for quite some time now! Extremely happy with it, it delivers what it promises.

Back in time I had even recommended it to the "Mods" section of STEP forum, ( here ).

I would surely recommend it hands down ::):

Funny, I don't want changes to flow back without my explicit direction. I view that as a negative, imo. It kinda ruins the enb manager as a safe backup tool.

Question after the new update of Dual Sheath Redux and XP32 Maximum Skeleton in guide. Do we need to rerun anything else or just the fnis and Sum part, cause i dont know if i have t rerun bash and DynDOLOD.

FNIS + SUM is sufficient.

Funny, I don't want changes to flow back without my explicit direction. I view that as a negative, imo. It kinda ruins the enb manager as a safe backup tool.

I agree with neo on this one.

I can see how it would be amazing for people how make presets though.

Funny, I don't want changes to flow back without my explicit direction. I view that as a negative, imo. It kinda ruins the enb manager as a safe backup tool.

Neo, are you referring to the "Update" feature of this tool? i.e.:

"Updating: If "Update ENB setting changes" is checked, active preset INI files will be checked for changes when the preset is disabled. If "Ask before overwriting" is not checked, you will not be prompted with any confirmation of this."

If yes, it can be disabled and/or if enabled there is still this "Ask before overwriting" pop-up window so nothing flows back without user's confirmation.

I still find it a very useful feature, especially for those tweaking the presets in-game.

in new update you added embers HD why this? It alredy has that file installed when you install embers

After installation, navigate to <Mod Organizer Path>/Mods/Embers HD - Ultimate HD Fire Effects Patch/meshes/effects and make a copy of the following files and rename them as specified:

• Copy of fxfirewithembers01_cheap.nif -> fxfirewithembers01_lite.nif.

in new update you added embers HD why this? It alredy has that file installed when you install embers

After installation, navigate to /Mods/Embers HD - Ultimate HD Fire Effects Patch/meshes/effects and make a copy of the following files and rename them as specified:

• Copy of fxfirewithembers01_cheap.nif -> fxfirewithembers01_lite.nif.

Im pretty sure Embers HD should overwrite that file.

So that step is no longer necessary 

Note that we're copying the Ultimate HD Fire Patch version... Previously I had people copying that same file but in the actual Ultimate HD mod.