Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Hey is this still needed with the new vividian?

Select enblocal.ini and click [Edit], set EnableProxyLibrary=true and ProxyLibrary=d3d9_smaa.dll to enable automatic usage of SMAA if installed

cause the library doesn't get installed with it

Not anymore because I unselected SMAA in the Vividian installler when I updated. (This is since I game at 2560x1600)

If you get jaggies then install SMAA in the Vividian installer. It doesn't hurt to have it enabled and not present.

Encountered an issue with the Vividian Beta.

After installing it my game seems to have a rather grainy filter over everything (excluding loading screens)

I can't get a screenshot that displays it, unfortunately, but it's almost like television static. Has anyone experienced this before?

Since it has only started happening since updating Vividian, it may well be that there is some sort of conflict or error going on with how I installed the ENB in the first place so if anyone could tell me what ENB related folders I should have in my Skyrim directory that may help narrow down any lingering remnants of older ENB setups.

Vividian 7 Beta 2 should have: enbseries.ini, enblocal.ini, and an enbseries folder with the rest of its files in it. If there's anything else enb related in the main skyrim directory then it should not be there. I know I dont have any "television static" in my version, that is for sure.

Vividian 7 Beta 2 should have: enbseries.ini, enblocal.ini, and an enbseries folder with the rest of its files in it. If there's anything else enb related in the main skyrim directory then it should not be there. I know I dont have any "television static" in my version, that is for sure.

I managed to get a screenshot of an instance where it is most visible but it isn't showing up too well. It is far more noticeable in-game. It's almost like a static film grain that shows up most prominently in dark areas.

kGSjHUY.jpg

As for my folders. Within the steam>steamapps>common>skyrim directory where I have the TESV.exe I have:

Folders:

• ENB Configs containing the config files for Vividian ENB 7 beta 2   
  • ENB Overwrite containing an enbseries.ini 
  • ENB Versions containing the 0.266 folder and SkyrimDir.txt
  • ENB Series folder containing all the files copied over to the manager in the final step of the installation guide for the mod.

As independent files there's: d3d9.dll, ENB_Manager.jar, enbhost.exe, enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini.

Comparing my setup with yours I wonder if I'e installed the ENB Manager incorrectly. 

My ENB manager is simply installed at E:\Skyrim\Utilities\ENBManager .... You seem to have it installed in the skyrim directory itself which is odd.

My actual game is installed at D:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Skyrim

So, for the sake of maybe splitting them up for the sake of avoiding possible conflicts I'll move the ENB Manager files to a separate directory. I ended up putting it in there for convenience's sake (along with BOSS, TES5Edit, Wrye Bash and SaveTool)

Just going through the installation process again for Vividian and I noticed this:

"Navigate to <Mod Organizer Path>/mods/Vividian - Weather - Lighting Enhancement/Vividian ENB Install Files then select all files and folders contained within except enblocal.ini and click [Add]."

There doesn't appear to be an enblocal.ini in the Install Files directory.

Also am I right in understanding that we should retain the filetree structure when we add these files?

Edited by hazelwolf

Just going through the installation process again for Vividian and I noticed this:

"Navigate to /mods/Vividian - Weather - Lighting Enhancement/Vividian ENB Install Files then select all files and folders contained within except enblocal.ini and click [Add]."

There doesn't appear to be an enblocal.ini in the Install Files directory.

Also am I right in understanding that we should retain the filetree structure when we add these files?

Yes, retain the structure. enblocal.ini is only if using smaa... I'll remove all the smaa references to remove confusion since I removed it from the guide.

Right. After moving the ENB Manager to another location it appears that the enbhost.exe and d3d9.dll files are still being imported into the Skyrim directory.

Is this a problem?

The following should be in the Skyrim directory after activation using the tool:

d3d9.dll

Enbhost.exe

Enbseries.ini

Enblocal.ini

Enbseries folder and all its contents.

One thing I noticed that may be the reason for the lack of visual quality. Instead of the ENB detecting my Graphics Card it's making use of the integrated one.

I recall seeing some threads regarding this issue and the recommendations tended toward installing the injector version. Could it be there is a setting I am over-looking that will fix this, though?

One thing I noticed that may be the reason for the lack of visual quality. Instead of the ENB detecting my Graphics Card it's making use of the integrated one.

I recall seeing some threads regarding this issue and the recommendations tended toward installing the injector version. Could it be there is a setting I am over-looking that will fix this, though?

That's interesting. I've never had the issue myself so don't know much on the injector. My understanding is that you use the injector exe and ini in place of the d3d9.dll in the setup. Then you need to run the injector exe before starting the game with skse in mo. Aiyen may know more since he's the ENB mini expert around here.

Neo I think that something went wrong with the update to better vampires mod instructions cause there are non to be seen in the guide, and in the history it is clearly seen you are adding something

Yeah, DoubleYou is working on fixing the templates.

Just finished testing the injector version (Turns out it was actually detecting my Graphics card, it was just listing it as "Radeon HD 7900 series" rather than "R9 270" and as far as I am aware the two are pretty much synonymous)

Still get the same fuzzy overlay to everything which wasn't present prior to the Vividian update. It only ever appears in the game world rather than the loading screens and is most noticeable against darker areas (inside the inns, for instance.) Although looking at the screenshot below, I'm not sure if you can even see what's wrong :/

All I know is this wasn't how it appeared previously.

0Qbk2i8.jpg

Also whenever I use a torch it brightens up the whole room rather than appearing "Dim".

At this point I am utterly at a loss as to where I may have gone wrong as I have now gone through the guide with a tooth comb and cross-checked all the .ini files. If no-one else is noticing a problem, though, I imagine the fault lies either with my inability to follow basic instructions (again) or it's something else for a different thread.

Edit: Something else that just occurred. I seem to get the same effect with certain videos too so I wonder if this is a monitor issue I have only just noticed. I'll see what tweaking that does.

Edited by hazelwolf