HiAlgoBoost

Kingdestiny

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1334&pid=19230#pid19230

This mod was suggested to me in that thread and I just want to comment on my experience with it and the full step install. I find the programs design and purpose to be spot on. Taking high resolution photos while standing still, but not bogging down the game when your running around. However, I hope someone suggests this thread to the maker. I'm interested to hear his input because the idea is solid. It definitely works as intended but I find that it doesn't reduce resolution enough. I wish it had optional changes like reducing the resolution when moving the screen by double. As it stands it simply didn't reduce it enough for the game to become fully playable. This won't be the case for all people which is why it should be modular changes for everyone's specific needs.

Anyone else use it?

(sorry if there's already been a post feel free to merge)

Well like I was saying. I was suggesting configurability where you can pick and choose how much the resolution changes. When I said double I meant that whatever it was at now I preferably would prefer something about double as effective. I think it has the potential to work just as great for STEP as it does for vanilla. I'd like to be able to have really nice visuals when looking around not doing a whole lot. But have combat efficiency when in combat.

Edit: I'll go ahead and test now and change the resolutions to the minimum the program can do. See how much you can get out of it already. Then I'll comment back.

Edit2: Tested with the lowest resolution and it does indeed run even smoother. Not sure why its limited at 33%. I'd adjust it to 25% If I could. I edited the settings to not affect resolution at 50fps or higher and to adjust it all the way down to 33% if I had lower then 30. Was able to run in almost full circles with zero stutters using both my flame magics on a wolf. The stutters that did happen were usually because the fps would fluctuate because all the sudden I'd be higher then 50fps with the lower resolution so now I'd have full details again and begin to lag again. I imagine with the proper tweaking and using two setting profiles I could completely eliminate stutters in combat.

I highly recommend this now that I've fully grasped how to use it to anyone who has trouble with stutters after STEP install. Works wonders and I still have amazing visuals. Still I would like to see them lower the limit to 25%.

• 6 months later...

Hey guys.  I'm having trouble getting Hialgoboost to work.  My Skyrim game just doesn't seem to sense it.  As far as I'm concerned I have followed all the instructions to the letter.  I have searched the internet, I have read the forums, I've tried contacting the Hialgo author (has blocked the ability to PM him); I am out options.  If anyone has experience troubleshooting Hialgo please assist.  I will try to attach all relevant info.

My skyrim folder: see attached document.  I could not figure out a better way to post the folder contents; also the #$%*ing memory limitation prevented me from presenting it in it's entirety.

Ini changes demanded by Hialgo instructions:

Enbseries.ini-[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=true

InitProxyFunctions=true

ProxyLibrary=d3d9_hialgo.dll

Hialgoboost.ini-[PROXY]

EnableProxy_xinput  = false              ; Set true for x360 controller emulator.

ProxyLibrary_xinput = xinput1_3_other.dll

EnableProxy_dinput8  = false             ; Can be used to load ScriptDragon etc.

ProxyLibrary_dinput8 = dinput8_other.dll

EnableProxy_d3d9     = true              ; Can be used to load Standalone SMAA, SFX, FXAA post-process injector etc.

; DO NOT USE this to load ENB!! Use enbseries.ini to load d3d9_hialgo.dll

; instead

ProxyLibrary_d3d9    = d3d9_other.dll

Am I missing something?  

Tesv folder.doc

Yes' date=' change EnableProxy_d3d9 from true to false.[/quote']

[PROXY]

EnableProxy_xinput  = false              ; Set true for x360 controller emulator.

ProxyLibrary_xinput = xinput1_3_other.dll

EnableProxy_dinput8  = false             ; Can be used to load ScriptDragon etc.

ProxyLibrary_dinput8 = dinput8_other.dll

EnableProxy_d3d9     = false             ; Can be used to load Standalone SMAA, SFX, FXAA post-process

injector etc.

; DO NOT USE this to load ENB!! Use enbseries.ini to load

d3d9_hialgo.dll

; instead

ProxyLibrary_d3d9    = d3d9_other.dll

Still doesn't work. No error message, no watermark, no nothing.

Depends on the ENB version I think.... Boris says he does not care about compatibility with it at all. If anything is supposed to happen it has to be from the authors side.

Is it enb 1.68 that's completely blocking hialgo functionality? I suppose I could test that theory by testing different enbs.

• 2 weeks later...

I... wasn't blocking PM's... My inbox simply got overfilled, sorry about that... Did you try asking this question on the nexus forum though (HiAlgoBoost page)? Glad you figured it out though. ENB doesn't block HiAlgoBoost - this is the first I hear of it...