SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I think we're saying it should be the other way around - we want the BethINI setting of iMinGrassSize = 75 to remain, since iMinGrassSize = 50 is too much of a performance hit.  I'm also getting noticeable FPS drops with that set to 50.

Best wishes to you and your MIL, go be with your family and don't worry about our silly modding woes!

Ok well I have switch BethINI to in line with Veydosebrom but you guys go off test it for me and let me know. If in general the fps hit is is too much we'll change back to 75.

Not sure if this is the place, but...

In even vanilla, the intro cart scene is a nightmare for me. I have to watch where the cart is going or carts and horses go flying everywhere. It quite often freezes the game and is very frustrating, particularly at the beginning of a build like this.

I read that if I limit fps that it stops it but it did not work. Wandering if the cart fix mod (don't know the name) will fix this and if it does when can I instal it? 

This normally happen cos either Vsync is not on or you have not limited you fps to 60.

I have run in to an issue following this guide and I don't know if I can continue or how to continue so I've come here for help. I have followed the guide to the letter.

When trying to install [Farmhouse Chimneys - SRLE Extended LOTD], getting to the last step and trying to select the merged plugin like the guide suggests, I run in to an issue where this particular option is not allowed to be selected. The option is greyed-out and states "This component is not usable in combination with other installed plugins".

I don't know how to continue, any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by Spotless_Mind

I have run in to an issue following this guide and I don't know if I can continue or how to continue so I've come here for help. I have followed the guide to the letter.

When trying to install [Farmhouse Chimneys - SRLE Extended LOTD], getting to the last step and trying to select the merged plugin like the guide suggests, I run in to an issue where this particular option is not allowed to be selected. The option is greyed-out and states "This component is not usable in combination with other installed plugins".

If you followed the guide to the letter than you shouldn't be missing any of the merges masters, but what you could do is manually extract the farmhouse chimneys zip into a new empty folder, take the merge esp and place it into your MO, name it something you'll remember like FHC MERGE TEST or something, activate it, And hover over the esp file in MO. IT will tell you which master is missing. Edited by NordPride_WorldWide
  • +1 1

If you followed the guide to the letter than you shouldn't be missing any of the merges masters, but what you could do is manually extract the farmhouse chimneys zip into a new empty folder, take the merge esp and place it into your MO, name it something you'll remember like FHC MERGE TEST or something, activate it, And hover over the esp file in MO. IT will tell you which master is missing.

Thank you, I've done what you said I am indeed missing masters. However, I believe this makes sense because you install these mods later in the guide or am I doing something wrong?

Would it be advised to install those mods first, they are a section below where I am at now in the guide and after that, install the chimneys mod?

Edited by Spotless_Mind

Thank you, I've done what you said I am indeed missing masters. However, I believe this makes sense because you install these mods later in the guide or am I doing something wrong?

Would it be advised to install those mods first, they are a section below where I am at now in the guide and after that, install the chimneys mod?

Ah right I didn't realize that in that case yes it would now make sense to push Arthmoors village Mods up the guide so that doesn't happen. I'll look into the conflicts when I can.

If choosing to not install several mods from the LOTD guide (personal preference) and don't add any new ones, can I use the Conflict Resolution files posted as-is with no issue or will something break or be missing?

(SRLE Extended LoTD - Conflict Resolution, SRLE Extended LOTD - CR Update for 1.57 (TESTING), SRLE Extended LOTD - Custom Fixes)

On another note, is the CR Update patch required either way if just playing and not testing?

Ok this may be a dumb question, but if we change the skyrim i.n.i grass section to match the Veydosebrom i.n.i settings and add in the line fGlobalContrastBoost=-0.2 in skyrimpref i.n.i under display, then do we still require the Veydosebrom i.n.i copied into the Trees and Flora merge and renamed, would we not just be duplicating settings? If i missing something and it's dumb, feel free to bring out the stick LOL

Aegon hi! Depends on which mods you chose to leave out i.e if you remove say Ordinator, then yes you will have to remove the records found in the CR from that mod...relax it can be done: if you go to the bottom of the guide under troubleshooting there is two methods using xedit and wyre bash to do this. First step is to load your finished MO setup and in the right pane at the bottom CR may or may not have a red triangle warning symbol telling you if any masters are missing( these may or not be the mods you are not using). if you don't you should be okay...if not, then follow the guide under troubleshooting

Ok this may be a dumb question, but if we change the skyrim i.n.i grass section to match the Veydosebrom i.n.i settings and add in the line fGlobalContrastBoost=-0.2 in skyrimpref i.n.i under display, then do we still require the Veydosebrom i.n.i copied into the Trees and Flora merge and renamed, would we not just be duplicating settings? If i missing something and it's dumb, feel free to bring out the stick LOL

INI changes in MO follow the same priority rules that textures do.  The Trees and Flora Merge INI overwrites the settings in Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini because they load 'later.'  If the settings are already identical between the two files, then there's no need for the 'overwrite' INI.

FYI, fGlobalContrastBoost is a Skyrim Special Edition setting only, it doesn't do anything in Oldrim.

Edited by Eudeyrn