SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Oh, you have DynDOLOD.esp loading before the Bashed Patch.esp, interesting.

How does SkyrimSewers play with LOTD? I heard there would be some conflict between those two mods.

Alkira.

IIRC the only real issue is an overlapping sewer exit outside of solitude... Can just deal with the visual snafu or move it in the CK.  Fairly painless either way.

IIRC the only real issue is an overlapping sewer exit outside of solitude... Can just deal with the visual snafu or move it in the CK.  Fairly painless either way.

Really great work on the Sewers I want to try out.

Thanks jdsmith2816.

Alkira.

Alkira hi, if you are following this guide than there is a fix for sewers and undeath in Solitude..https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64020/?, though i haven't heard of a problem between LOTD and Sewers, i have sewers installed but admittedly haven't checked for issue with LOTD....

Berndaroy

Hi Berndaroy,

I do have installed this guide and thought about adding the Sewers. More than an issue of the entrance (will spare me some time doing it by myself :-) ) I wondered how the Sewers introduced by LOTD would interact with Skyrim Sewers but best to try it out and see. Just that I try to keep my playthrough safe from too many additions although this one is worth installing imo.

Thanks for the link anyway.

Alkira.

Edited by Alkira

Reinstall? No. But i have gone through it again and compared it to my install to see if anything was different. I already spent three weeks installing this and if the only advice is to reinstall, then its either gonna be years from now or when Mod Picker and/or StepperUpper has completed their automated installation apps.

No I mean JUST that mod, not the whole shooting match. :)

No I mean JUST that mod, not the whole shooting match. :)

Ahh.. in that case.. yes :)

It didn't fix it though. But for some reason the animation is correct - altered nothing from yesterday... so there's that :P

Only small issues I still have is not being able to loot/talk while riding.. but I can live with that.. Just think it's odd that it doesn't work when horse wait/follow works.. beats me.

How can I find the source of a texture or mesh? I'm getting this in two areas in windhelm and I'm trying to find out what mod is causing it. I've made a few deviations that I thought were minor in the guide so it could have been from that, but nothing I omitted or added seems like a culprit.

https://imgur.com/a/dynwV

They look like possibly lod walls? Or just really stretched textures. I've tried hiding various meshes and textures that I thought might be the issue but I can't seem to track it down, is there a console command or mod or anything that'll tell me the name of these textures/meshes?

I have a few suggestions with the Merge guide. If I have missed any merges similar to the examples below please let me know because I probably missed them in my install.

1. When I merged Even Better Quest objectives I Created a new mod called Even Better Quest Objectives Patches. Than I cut and pasted all of the patches (Like you did with Trees and Flora esp) into the new folder leaving BetterQuestObjectives.esp and the scripts folder in the original mod.

2. Change The description for RS Children merge from RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp (RS Children Overhaul) to RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp (RS Children Overhaul - Merged Complete and USKP .esp (by Neovalen)). Having the USKP fix in its own folder allows us to leave the main RSChildren mod active.

I have a question about merging plugins and loadorders when doing the first run through.

1. Should I do the LOOT Rules or the Merge section first?

2. When merging for the first time, Should I just activate all of the mods from top to bottom of MO, move the esp's to be merged to the bottom of the loadorder, Than do my merges, or

3. Should I activate all of the mods from top to bottom of MO, run LOOT, move the esp's to be merged to the bottom of the loadorder, Than do my merges

Also in the integration guide you have

• Vivid Landscapes - Castle Volkihar - ELFX Patch
  • ELFX - Parallax Meshes
  • Skyrim Landscape Overhaul - Stone Walls
  • More Shipwrecks (MOD MERGED, INACTIVE IN MO)​

Where is ELFX - Parallax Meshes from

Edited by Razorsedge877

I think the NPC Retextures - Option 1: Close to vanilla section in the integration guide is missing:

--- NPC Retextures Merged - Option 1 & NPC Retextures - Conflict Resolution (Option 1).

Just a thought. How you have a NPC Retextures - Option 1: Close to vanilla and a NPC Retextures - Option 2: Improved Looks in your guide, I have created two new sections in my MO called Skin and Body​ - Option 1: Close to vanilla, & Skin and Body- Option 2: Improved Looks. I have installed Cover Khajiits, FAR, & Khajiit body replacer twice (which some won't like), but for me its easier and more organized.

Finally made the upgrade from SRLE to this and I'm loving it so far! I have a few questions though:

1) I know that LOTD also has a safehouse/player home with a bunch of different useful tools so I'm wondering if there is any advantage to using Caranthir Tower as a player home over the LOTD safehouse?

2) Has anyone experienced random reboots (not ctd or freeze, actual computer reboots) after playing for a bit? It's never happened to me before and I've experienced it twice in one day.

Ahh.. in that case.. yes :)

It didn't fix it though. But for some reason the animation is correct - altered nothing from yesterday... so there's that :P

Only small issues I still have is not being able to loot/talk while riding.. but I can live with that.. Just think it's odd that it doesn't work when horse wait/follow works.. beats me.

Maybe try a FNIS regeneration then?

How can I find the source of a texture or mesh? I'm getting this in two areas in windhelm and I'm trying to find out what mod is causing it. I've made a few deviations that I thought were minor in the guide so it could have been from that, but nothing I omitted or added seems like a culprit.

https://imgur.com/a/dynwV

They look like possibly lod walls? Or just really stretched textures. I've tried hiding various meshes and textures that I thought might be the issue but I can't seem to track it down, is there a console command or mod or anything that'll tell me the name of these textures/meshes?

Search Nexus for the MFG Console mod. It's a tiny little thing. And install that. Then open the console, click on any object and it'll tell your the origin of it.

Better Fast Travel Arthmoor Villages Patch (Deactivate post merge) is missing from the integration guide

Which is not surprising as the integration guide's quite out of date and realistically could probably be given the flick now. It's not been updated in quite some time.

Finally made the upgrade from SRLE to this and I'm loving it so far! I have a few questions though:

1) I know that LOTD also has a safehouse/player home with a bunch of different useful tools so I'm wondering if there is any advantage to using Caranthir Tower as a player home over the LOTD safehouse?

2) Has anyone experienced random reboots (not ctd or freeze, actual computer reboots) after playing for a bit? It's never happened to me before and I've experienced it twice in one day.

1) If you would rather use the LOTD one, that's fine. Just giving options. There's a Player Home at the end of Helgen Reborn too, for what it's worth. :)

2) Reboots sounds no-bueno. That's a lot more likely to be some strange overheating thing. Have you cleaned your dust filters etc recently?

Edited by Nozzer66

Search Nexus for the MFG Console mod. It's a tiny little thing. And install that. Then open the console, click on any object and it'll tell your the origin of it.

MFG console has a conflict with extended ui and my game instantly crashes when I install MFG console, regardless of whether it overwrites or not.

I may just start over and not deviate from the guide at all and see if it fixes my issues, but all I did was use a different variation of the world map, omitted your landscapes in favor of skyrim hd landscapes (and its parallax patch), different weather mod (snowfall enb + snowfall weathers which are based on VW anyways), added multiple adoptions, quickloot, helmet toggle, enhanced camera, customizable camera, and a different idle pose. I didn't think any of these would cause these graphical issues I'm having.

Edited by omgitskae

MFG console has a conflict with extended ui and my game instantly crashes when I install MFG console, regardless of whether it overwrites or not.

interesting I've got MFG Console installed and have done so for ages since it a invaluable testing tool  and have had no issue with extended UI or the merge.