SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

interesting I've got MFG Console installed and have done so for ages since it a invaluable testing tool  and have had no issue with extended UI or the merge.

MFG console simply replaces the console menu... If you install it before extended ui then you get nothing; if you install it after then you get mfg without the ability to full-screen the console granted by extended ui.

There's no conflict beyond that and it's definitely not causing crashes...  There's soemthing else going on there.

Edited by jdsmith2816

How can I find the source of a texture or mesh? I'm getting this in two areas in windhelm and I'm trying to find out what mod is causing it. I've made a few deviations that I thought were minor in the guide so it could have been from that, but nothing I omitted or added seems like a culprit.

https://imgur.com/a/dynwV

They look like possibly lod walls? Or just really stretched textures. I've tried hiding various meshes and textures that I thought might be the issue but I can't seem to track it down, is there a console command or mod or anything that'll tell me the name of these textures/meshes?

MFG console could be the solution to identify which mod is involved. I believe DarkladyLexy provided a link some topics ago.

PS: Nozzer has already answered, forgive me.

Alkira.

Edited by Alkira

If you install it before extended ui then you get nothing; if you install it after then you get mfg without the ability to full-screen the console.

I confirm having the features of Extended UI but not any from MFG.

Thanks for the tip.

PS: is there a way to make those work together? By the way I could enable MFG console when need to find a source mod for an issue.

Alkira.

Edited by Alkira

I have a question about merging plugins and loadorders when doing the first run through.

1. Should I do the LOOT Rules or the Merge section first?

2. When merging for the first time, Should I just activate all of the mods from top to bottom of MO, move the esp's to be merged to the bottom of the loadorder, Than do my merges, or

3. Should I activate all of the mods from top to bottom of MO, run LOOT, move the esp's to be merged to the bottom of the loadorder, Than do my merges

There is no need to run LO before merging plugins. You will more likely lose time looking for the plugins to merge.

What I usually do is:

- enable the mods to merge in the left panel of MO (or only the folder containing all the plugins to merge);

- make sure all the plugins are present at the very bottom of my load order;

- arrange the order of the plugins (to be merged) according to the merge plugins page but I DO NOT RUN LOOT in any way;

- run Merging Plugins Standalone;

- make sure (again) all the plugins to be merged are present in the popping window (from Merging Plugins Standalone) AND those are ordered the way described in the Merge Plugins page;

- check them all and their associated masters;

- follow the process according to the Merge Plugins page from the guide;

- (optional but I would highly recommend to do it) I usually check another time that the merged plugin has the plugins merged in the proper way as recommended by the guide. To do so, open the merged folder in the left panel of MO and look for the merge plugins txt file and check the final order of the plugins.

Alkira.

interesting I've got MFG Console installed and have done so for ages since it a invaluable testing tool  and have had no issue with extended UI or the merge.

Tried again and I got in game fine this time, but now the texture error isn't there hahahahahaha omg this is driving me CRAZY. -__-

Tried again and I got in game fine this time, but now the texture error isn't there hahahahahaha omg this is driving me CRAZY. -__-

You could also check your deviations for any Meshes/ Textures conflictions with other mods then determining which mod could be involved.

Alkira.

It probably just some weird LOD glitch and nothing to worry about I have noticed it too if I spin around quickly I usually just ignore stuff that that and carry on.

For anyone interested what we do (both me a Darth) when it comes to creating merges we actually have a separate "Merges" Profile and only load up the mods we want to merge (plus any master required). Also This time around once the merges were created Darth created a new Profile for every single merge this had made life easier when it comes to redoing them.

Edited by DarkladyLexy
  • +1 1

Hello guys,

I have been playing the game all this time and enjoying everything so far, I haven't even started the main quest line in order to get to level 15 before meeting the first dragon (I managed to install the EMD mod!)

I need some advice about something, I mostly play games in third person camera (I came from all the Souls games and Bloodborne) but with Skyrim I have been forced to play in First Person but I hate how the Camera flies away when you unsheathe your weapon when in 3rd person. But I have seen youtube vids where people fight in 3rd person camere but the camera still keeps close to the player.

Do you have any recommendation about it?

By the way, the recommendation about having different profiles for the merges is brilliant!

It probably just some weird LOD glitch and nothing to worry about I have noticed it too if I spin around quickly I usually just ignore stuff that that and carry on.

For anyone interested what we do (both me a Darth) when it comes to creating merges we actually have a separate "Merges" Profile and only load up the mods we want to merge (plus any master required). Also This time around once the merges were created Darth created a new Profile for every single merge this had made life easier when it comes to redoing them.

Whoah, that's like way more work.  Just as you're making merges change the name of the mod to include the merge tag.. then use the search box..  For instance my ECTV merge mods are all like..

ECTV - ETAC Modulaar

ECTV - Dawn of Skyrim

ECTV - etc etc

++++ ECTV Merged

Also, unless there's file overwriting concerns, arrange the bits of your merge in an order such that simply enabling them from top to bottom results in the correct order on the right side..  

Entering  ECTV into search box shows only things for the ECTV merge including the merge itself... So all you do is enable the mods and click launch on merge plugins with no further fiddling.

Need to look at all of your merges for some reason? put +++ into the search bar..

Edited by jdsmith2816

Hello guys,

I have been playing the game all this time and enjoying everything so far, I haven't even started the main quest line in order to get to level 15 before meeting the first dragon (I managed to install the EMD mod!)

I need some advice about something, I mostly play games in third person camera (I came from all the Souls games and Bloodborne) but with Skyrim I have been forced to play in First Person but I hate how the Camera flies away when you unsheathe your weapon when in 3rd person. But I have seen youtube vids where people fight in 3rd person camere but the camera still keeps close to the player.

Do you have any recommendation about it?

By the way, the recommendation about having different profiles for the merges is brilliant!

The below settings control camera positioning during combat.  Adjust to suit your needs. 

[Camera]

fOverShoulderCombatAddY=0.0000

fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=-10.0000

fOverShoulderCombatPosX=30.0000

fOverShoulderPosZ=-10.0000

fOverShoulderPosX=30.0000

Whoah, that's like way more work.  Just as you're making merges change the name of the mod to include the merge tag.. then use the search box..  For instance my ECTV merge mods are all like..

ECTV - ETAC Modulaar

ECTV - Dawn of Skyrim

ECTV - etc etc

++++ ECTV Merged

Also, unless there's file overwriting concerns, arrange the bits of your merge in an order such that simply enabling them from top to bottom results in the correct order on the right side..  

Entering  ECTV into search box shows only things for the ECTV merge including the merge itself... So all you do is enable the mods and click launch on merge plugins with no further fiddling.

Need to look at all of your merges for some reason? put +++ into the search bar..

Yes well you can do that too but don't forget JD Darth is a Crazy man.

Ok I don't know how to fix this issue apart from manual editing but "Items" given to NPC and Resolved in the CR's are NOT be forwarded into the Bash Patch thus undoing the conflict resolution this is very annoying so any help here would be useful.

if any is interested in testing take a look at form ID 0001BDB8 "Gabriella" and look at what Items she has in SRLE Extended LOTD NPC Rextures - Conflict Resolution and in the Bash Patch you will notice her "Silver Bow" is not being forwarded but her "Long Bow" from USLEEP is.

ECTV - ETAC Modulaar

ECTV - Dawn of Skyrim

ECTV - etc etc

++++ ECTV Merged

That is also a lot of work dude at least my way all you have to do it make a copy of the profile instead of having to rename mod but each to there own and yes Lexy is right I am a Crazy cos i married her lol (I am going to pay for that when i get home).

Ok I don't know how to fix this issue apart from manual editing but "Items" given to NPC and Resolved in the CR's are NOT be forwarded into the Bash Patch thus undoing the conflict resolution this is very annoying so any help here would be useful.

if any is interested in testing take a look at form ID 0001BDB8 "Gabriella" and look at what Items she has in SRLE Extended LOTD NPC Rextures - Conflict Resolution and in the Bash Patch you will notice her "Silver Bow" is not being forwarded but her "Long Bow" from USLEEP is.

The Long Bow is forwarded to the BP but not the Silver Bow (kept at the SRLE Extended LOTD CR NPC stage) indeed. That way, my understanding is "Gabriella" would have both a Long Bow and a Silver Bow in her inventory, am I right?

Otherwise I have created a Bashed Patch Fixes IOT "fix" (mainly forwarding things) that have not be in the Bashed Patch and loaded after the BP.

Alkira.