AMD suggestions/support

Pretty much what hishutup said to be honest, that's abou the only issue your likely to find with an AMD card in Skyrim.

I've had my R9 280 OC edition for 2+ years now and I've never had any issues with Skyrim or any enb preset I use. Although I'm about due for a GPU upgrade I think

Yeah Boris did have someone get grumpy because he wouldn't exclusively support AMD but that's because boris was still running Nvidia, understandable but support wasn't completely dropped for the card,

I have heard(read) that if you have windows 8/10 your Vram then your limit is 4Gb VRam, however some people have said that this does not affect AMD gpu's. I am unable to test as I only have 3Gb VRam on mine

The tweaks contained with spINI are more than enough to keep any AMD gpu happy, you shouldn't need any major tweaking to get good results, but as always tailor to your preference.

It would be cool to test this out with the dx9 tool from boris if anyone had a 4Gb or higher AMD card, I just ran the test right now, and with a 3Gb card I'm getting reports of having 4064Mb usable under DX9 applications, it has peaked my interest now, also I read a report on windows that they have passed the issue along to their tech team, I remain hopeful that they decide it's worth fixing, but one can never guarantee anything.

Ive already done that bit with Boris's tool and yes i can confirm that windows 10 only reads 4096mb while windows 7 (wow what a hassle to install - had to use the mb cd to get the system to read all the drivers..) reads 12000mb on the same crimson driver (15.12). So yea windows 7 even if you have less Vram

I had most modes already downloaded so i whipped up a srle build and just threw on top the modes from explorers

My findings so far are that both force borderless when set to true does get rid of the shimmering

The AMD settings have no effect on the game (v-sync on and frame control don't do sh*)

But I do get massive fps drops on random cell changes (not all the time) and sometimes when turning around, guess ill have to reinstall...

Oh and i saw that the fov tweak does not work because when i enter the game and do the step fov 70.59 in the console my screen gets wider

And one last thing i saw is that my gpu clock is never on its max  (gpuz), dunno know why

Here's my enblocal:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=d3d9_smaa.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
UseDefferedRendering=true
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=0
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=true
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=8
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=59.9

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
KeyBruteForce=66

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=true
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=60.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=true
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false
EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixParallaxTerrain=true
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=false
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]
EnableLongExposureMode=false
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0

Edited by bekcicandrej

Ive already done that bit with Boris's tool and yes i can confirm that windows 10 only reads 4096mb while windows 7 (wow what a hassle to install - had to use the mb cd to get the system to read all the drivers..) reads 12000mb on the same crimson driver (15.12). So yea windows 7 even if you have less Vram

I had most modes already downloaded so i whipped up a srle build and just threw on top the modes from explorers

My findings so far are that both force borderless when set to true does get rid of the shimmering

The AMD settings have no effect on the game (v-sync on and frame control don't do sh*)

But I do get massive fps drops on random cell changes (not all the time) and sometimes when turning around, guess ill have to reinstall...

Oh and i saw that the fov tweak does not work because when i enter the game and do the step fov 70.59 in the console my screen gets wider

And one last thing i saw is that my gpu clock is never on its max  (gpuz), dunno know why

Here's my enblocal:

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=true

InitProxyFunctions=true

ProxyLibrary=d3d9_smaa.dll

[GLOBAL]

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false

UseDefferedRendering=true

IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]

SpeedHack=true

EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MULTIHEAD]

ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false

VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true

DisableDriverMemoryManager=true

DisablePreloadToVRAM=false

EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

ReservedMemorySizeMb=512

VideoMemorySizeMb=0

EnableCompression=true

AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

[WINDOW]

ForceBorderless=true

ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true

[ENGINE]

ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true

MaxAnisotropy=8

ForceLodBias=false

LodBias=0.0

AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false

EnableVSync=true

VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]

WaitBusyRenderer=false

EnableFPSLimit=false

FPSLimit=59.9

[iNPUT]

//shift

KeyCombination=16

//f12

KeyUseEffect=123

//home

KeyFPSLimit=36

//num /       106

KeyShowFPS=106

//print screen

KeyScreenshot=44

//enter

KeyEditor=13

//f4

KeyFreeVRAM=115

KeyBruteForce=66

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]

Enable=true

Quality=1

DesiredFPS=60.0

[ANTIALIASING]

EnableEdgeAA=true

EnableTemporalAA=false

EnableSubPixelAA=false

EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX]

FixGameBugs=true

FixParallaxBugs=true

FixParallaxTerrain=true

FixAliasedTextures=true

IgnoreInventory=true

FixTintGamma=false

RemoveBlur=false

FixSubSurfaceScattering=true

FixSkyReflection=true

FixCursorVisibility=true

FixLag=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]

EnableLongExposureMode=false

Time=1.0

BlendMax=0.0

Ok well I noticed that you've opted to run with having the ENB pick your memory size, not sure I would personally do that as every time I've tried it always gets it wrong, I also noticed that your not running the latest version of ENB Binaries (current version at time of writing is 0.279), also I noted on the enbdev.com page that if your using AMD Crimson drivers you should try setting DisableDriverMemoryManager to true, I have yet to test this but it is said that it "may" increase frame rate, obviously YMMV.

I noticed after putting that in that you have already done so, have you noticed any increase in performance or even stability with your frame rate ?

So I installed an older driver and now it works as it should (AMD 15.20.1046) still getting the occasional fps drop when changing cells (probably should do a reinstall of the mods - but not until the Explorer guide is finished), but more or less its around 60fps and the gpu is actually working :)

Edited by bekcicandrej

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.