Fallout 4 General and Mod Discussion. It Just Works!

Octo I previously replied, but this was what would have happened: 

SP: Why you no just buy game? 

Octo: Me wait till patches/GOTY/cheap.

SP: But it no that buggy serious.

Octo: It no something I enjoy as much. Me can wait.

SP: But you watch all vids?

Octo: Me like watch vids more than play. Me like PewDiePie.

SP:...

There I went to the future and saved us all the pain.  :lol:

Ess what are the notes? Beth Blog really hates me.

Trying to have a decent conversation on Nexus is like trying to milk a reptile:

Sigh...

New games bring new kids with no manners. Here it is because it's going bye bye soon: 

Why exactly do u try blaming people as cheaters because they use a mod which changes something that got totaly f***ed up in vanilla?

if u think that is cheating and love the sounds these things doing and love wasting all your resources into 7 Generators to get ur little red rocket powerd, good for u, but please use the red button in the cornor of your browser and leave the mod, no one trys to force u using it, so no need the blame anyone as a cheater.

did u forgot which game this is? Fallout 4? Bethesda Games? if u dislike that u can mod this games however u want and people use this feature to make "Cheat Mods" then u should think about quiting your "Modding Hobby" for these games.

ohh uhh i dont like ur Mod cz it helps ppl to see the terrain in the distance more detailed... cz umm yeah totally cheating its not like u have super eyes and stuff.. ohh myy goosh..

Have a nice day enjoy the red button 

and ppl like this are Supporters running trough mods and claim them as Cheat Mods? love nexus.

Do parents even try any more? The bad language is just the icing on the cake. I had a good laugh, but at the same time, I cringed and wept.

Edited by Guest

Haha Greggy! To be honest I'd be more worried about salties. I wonder if Grant has ever milked one?

I know you hate me Grant, but I hate me too sometimes!  ::D: I literally make zero sense, you are right.

Great now I'm thinking about "red rocket" from South Park again. Don't look that up if you don't know about it.  :;):

Edited by Guest

Haha Greggy! To be honest I'd be more worried about salties. I wonder if Grant has ever milked one?

I know you hate me Grant, but I hate me too sometimes!  ::D: I literally make zero sense, you are right.

Great now I'm thinking about "red rocket" from South Park again. Don't look that up if you don't know about it.  :;):

Never milked a "salty", as a reptile they of course do not possess mammary glands, so the closest would be collecting their eggs, but we do milk Funnel-Web spiders.

[spoiler=For SparrowPrince only]Hate is a very harsh word, I don't hate anyone, I get annoyed at people easily, comes from being a crotchety old man. As for you, I actually have great admiration for your skills and appreciate the banter, when I understand it.

Octo I previously replied, but this was what would have happened: 

SP: Why you no just buy game? 

Octo: Me wait till patches/GOTY/cheap.

SP: But it no that buggy serious.

Octo: It no something I enjoy as much. Me can wait.

SP: But you watch all vids?

Octo: Me like watch vids more than play. Me like PewDiePie.

SP:...

I'm sorry, I have absolutely no idea what this means :O_o:

I'd like to feel as if there's some compelling reason to play FO4...I want to like it, but I've never played any of the previous Fallouts and there's really not much that attracts me to this one, either. I don't know that I bring much to the discussion on the finer points of the graphics, if only to say, as someone who is not a fan and thus relatively unbiased "I thought it would look better".

About the only thing that makes me remotely interested in it is Michael of Gamer Poets FO3 

, as he really brings it to life, but even with Michael's fun storytelling the plot of the game (is there one?) and especially the look of the game aren't very compelling. And for FO4, I was hoping it would be a bit easier on the eyes...I know it's a wasteland but I feel like there are ways to make even the bleakest of scenery intriguing in some way, with moments of beauty perhaps through the use of ENB-style lighting. Plus after 200 years or so there would be some greenery. I've read that all it would take would be a handful of fertile seeds to survive and 50 years after a nuclear event you would have a mat of green of some kind over the land, not the same as it was because many species would be eliminated but those that survived would adapt and fill in the ecological spaces left by those who didn't. Basically i'm saying someone please make a landscape mod that adds something other than brown death.

Added to the bleak and uninteresting scenery you have the cartoony characters, meh. And I'm thinking that in FO4 the beginning story is weaker than FO3 or maybe the word I'm looking for is limiting, especially if you play a female character...(spoiler ahead, don't click if you haven't watched the opening sequence)

unless there are somehow additional versions of the beginning it looks to me that as a female character you're pretty much going to be defined by the loss of your child. And yes you lost your husband too, and of course a male character would lose his child but come on, new mother, infant child in her arms gets ripped away... Plus, if you play a male character as I understand it the background is you were a soldier at one point, which at least gives you a reason to know how to use weapons and operate one of those tank suits, and a reason why people might sense you could help them. If you play a female you were what, a lawyer? Why would anyone ask you to save their town? It just feels very pigeonholed to me and not conducive to multiple playthroughs.

So overall it's not a game I would spend my free time on before some great mods came out, maybe a year or so from now? Maybe ENB, alternate start mod,  I'm open to being convinced of its awesomeness :)

I own the game and I have to agree @aaltair. I'm having a real hard time getting into the game or caring about it at all.

Needs "SHOCKING OPINION" before the sentence. LOL

I'll give some unbiased remarks too aaltair. Some of it is similar to yours:

Cons

-Terrible (Bethsoft) storytelling. No explanation required!

-Graphics are bad (75% of the time). I think this is obvious, but it doesn't really impact that much on MY enjoyment.

-Enemy variety. I seem to fight only ghouls, super mutants, crabbylurks or humans (ghouls and super mutants once being human themselves) most of the time.

-Environment variety. It feels the same nearly everywhere. It's one big swamp.

Pros

-Exploration. Even though the exterior looks similar it has some great locations to explore. I think the design of locations is much improved over all previous games, including ES.

-Character custiomisation. This fits in with exploration too as you look for things like magazines and other new items to improve your character. Because of this you don't feel like you are missing out on certain perks.

-Item customisation. Weapon and armour modding is over-done in games, but I really feel like it fits in here with the setting and compliments it. Customizing your items is useful and mandatory.

-Settlements! This is not for everyone, but it's like a game in itself. Even if you get fed-up you can relax and waste so much time just building. So much better than "static" homes of old.

On your point about the female character not having a military background aaltair... well she should. Don't forget it's a different timeline, so it's very possible for females to have more of a frontline combat role. The premise is that, regardless of sex, you start the game with the same background and ties.

I'm sorry, I have absolutely no idea what this means :O_o:

Then my work here is done! It's a conversation that we never had, becuase the timelines skewed off into an alternate 1985.

Edited by Guest

Death threats on the internet are shocking? ::P:

I don't hear good things about that forum though, they do seem to complain about how Bethesda ruined Fallout much too much. Not exactly a healthy place for discussion.

Octo, I said this before the forum ate my comment, but why don't you buy this? You seem to read/watch an awful lot about it. Just buy it and enjoy yourself buddy.  ::):

I will. Just not yet. I am not happy with certain aspects of the game, and I hope mods will mitigate that well enough to justify the purchase. What's available today I don't call mods though, seeing how some extremely retarded people started using that Snip program 4 years after it was declared utter garbage, so I will wait at least until real mods start to appear after the release of CK.

P.S. That forum is fine. I guess it got some bad reputation in past, presumably around the time Fallout 3 was released (I wasn't around at that time), and the shock from what Bethesda did with the franchise was too big. From what I've seen lately, people post in relatively reasonable way. There is lots of criticism about Fallout 4, but it seems to be coming from people who play it.

And death threats are wrong on all levels. I wouldn't take them seriously myself, but that doesn't make the matter any less serious. Just having the idea of writing something like that because of a GAME means the person in question is completely f*cked up in the head, regardless of age or whatever.

Edited by Octopuss