Improved Close Faced Helmets (by navida1)

mothergoose729

Discussion thread:
Improved Closefaced Helmets by navida1
Wiki Link

It changes the mesh on many helms in the game that appear to be open faced (have a dark part around the eyes or part of the face) and changes them so that they are actually open faced and you can see the character face underneath. Included optional files for gaurd helm, imprerial helm, and nighingale hood. I recommend all of them. The screenshots are in the link, I have been using the mod for a long time and I haven't run into a bad mesh yet. 

I checked the mod with TES5 and I found no errors and no ITMS or UDRs. The main file had 3 ITMs, but I don't think it was a mistake. The author seems to have included different meshes for orcs and khajits and that is what TES5 is picking up on. At any rate, I think it is very stable, and a huge improvement to the meshes in the game. Compatible with nearly everything. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's now also a file with the full set (all-in-one) and another with all of them but as standalone .esp files. And a Dawnguard helmet add-on.

Sadly, the main .esp still has 3 ITM records.

I have a suspicion that cleaning these ITMS can break some parts of the plugin. Whether this is out of necessity or poor design I don't know. 

• 4 months later...

I've having a bit of a problem with this mod.  I first noticed yesterday that none of the guard masks had proper eye holes and seemed to be using the Vanilla meshes.  Today I also discovered that your head disappears when wearing a Dwarven helmet:

Posted Image

(kind of hard to see in this image)

Uninstalling the mod fixes everything of course, since you don't see your head with the Vanilla meshes anyways.  I re-installed the mod but left the ESPs (base and Dawnguard) disabled on accident and found that the helmet disappears entirely in this case:

Posted Image

After re-enabling the ESPs my helmet returned but I continued to be headless.  Mind you I'm not playing with just STEP, but none of the other mods should affect this at all.  A confirmation of this from someone running only STEP would be great and I'll try to do some additional testing tomorrow.

Farlo, I found what the problem is. Rerun the Reproccer (if you haven't arleady, download it at it's home location, and be sure to get Balbor's patches and qot's additions), and make sure the closefaced helmet mod is enabled. It should automatically include the closefased helm additions to the patch. For the few records that don't, a quick TES5Edit job will fix those.

Sorry, but I am a bit out of the loop on this one ...

How can this be included in the Anthology with all of these potential issues? Granted, there seems to be a proper way to set this up, but it seems way too convoluuted to have been reasonably tested for inclusion into STEP.

We need to be more stringent and strict about testing and letting mods in. Unless this gets vetted and the mod page completed 100%, I say that it gets the boot.

If you read the author's comments that rpsgc linked and the next few posts, we determined that the issue came from an incompatibility with any mod that changes the stats of the items (SkyRe in my case).  It works fine under normal STEP conditions, although this conflict is something we need to keep track of and account for down the line with some kind of compatibility patch.

If you read the author's comments that rpsgc linked and the next few posts' date=' we determined that the issue came from an incompatibility with any mod that changes the stats of the items (SkyRe in my case).  It works fine under normal STEP conditions, although this conflict is something we need to keep track of and account for down the line with some kind of compatibility patch.[/quote']

That is exactly what I mean though. This mod overlaps in ways that were unexpected. This should come out before this point IMO. Not a big deal, but I would like to see more testing using the functionality that we have built into the wiki (e.g., mod tickets for example ... or mod pages being created for mods under testing ... created by non-Farlos out there :P. I think that you have created the lion's share, and I know you do a lot of other things to keep this production rolling :yes: ).

I have not been as active with mod-list maintenance lately, so I am not really one to talk I guess.