Realistic Water Two - stream Fix [nanoman2000]

FuzzRocket9

• 2 weeks later...

That's Ewi? I though this guy seemed familiar in how he worded things. I couldn't quite put my finger on it though. I went into his mods' no end to tell him how they could possibly be improved. Honestly, I once gave him my fence texture to do (that one in my RF) and he made a right mess of it. He had an ambient occlusion texture for it that I made too, which I told him to use, but he never did by the looks of it. I think some people were complaining on his flower collection that the Bethesda hi-res even looked better.

No wonder for this:

Previously banned member and texture thief Ewi65.

You and your mods are non welcome here and your re-uploads have been removed.

Can we change Octo's smaller tag to: "Swears by everything"? Please. Never change though because I tend to agree with you. The bluntness is just superb icing. 

Anyway, sorry for the bump. I just wanted to ask where the Nexus draws the line on these things? What about the fact 90% of files are made on stolen software? Or the fact most people use CG Textures? I never hardly see source credits, so what made Ewi the villain over everyone else? I use all free software, but on the texture front I have never sourced a real photo. The problem tough is people prefer the realism of a clearly-sourced photo over something hand made with perhaps a few generated overlays for extra detail. That is what puts me off making textures personally as it takes me a lot longer to start from nothing. Anyone have any thoughts here? 

I think the issue with EWI was he violated the content license of the site he used the stock from but that's a story for another time.

Right and I think he did it numerous times from what I found, so it seems warnings were in place.

It seems that someone granted you, your wish.

1LMYdbN

I laughed quite hard. It fits perfectly and is totally awesome. I think more members should get a new title after a while. It gives the forum more personality.

I like his Stream Fix wherever the textures came from.  It's too bad that, whatever his violations, it won't be available for others to enjoy from Nexus now.  

Mods disappearing from Nexus isn't an uncommon thing I've gathered.

I'm not against people sourcing textures or we wouldn't have any mods period. The problem is that everything will start looking the same after a while. What I was saying though, is where do these sites like Nexus draw the line? If someone lists they used paid programs, should the admins ask for proof? They go snooping around the websites looking for proof on stolen textures no doubt. What also happens if CGTextures blacklists Bethesda modding though, like I think they did with Second Life? I know it probably won't happen, but if it did the Nexus staff are going to have to hire an army or something to look at every mod.