Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice (by shadeMe)

Kelmych

• 1 year later...

Bug: The file Fuz Ro D'oh.ini is not created when launched through Mod Organizer, a now standardized management tool.

Cause: SKSE plugins seemingly lack the ability to create files within the SKSE/ folder when launched within the virtualized folder structure. The exact reasoning is unknown to me.

Proposed Solution: Create the file by hand

• While in Mod Organizer, right-click the Fuz Ro D-oh mod on the left-hand side
  • Select the menu option Open in explorer
  • Within the new window, navigate into the SKSE\Plugins folder
  • Right-click within the folder and select the menu option New > Text Document
  • Name the file Fuz Ro D'oh.ini    (make sure you are showing File Extensions - click here to see how)
  • Open the new file and copy the below contents, pasting them into the file

[General]
    WordsPerSecondSilence=2
  • Save and close the file

• 1 year later...

I apologize if this is a silly question - but what is installed as a part of STEP that requires this mod at all?

As I understand it, it's function is to provide longer subtitle duration for unvoiced NPC's added by third party mods - does STEP add any such mods? WOULD STEP ever add unvoiced NPC's at all? Or would that be considered immersion-breaking?

Or does it do something else of which I'm simply unaware?

I see.

Can I take that to mean it's not actually used in either STEP or STEP Extended, but is added just in case someone happens to install an additional mod that requires it at some point down the road? I don't want to disable it, if it's being used, but I don't want to enable it if it has a negative effect on NPC's in the game (specifically the Greybeards, from all reports, but I'd assume there are others as well).