Original Support Topic (feel free to create more specific support topics)

Kelmych

Question

Clear and Present Danger - A guide for modding Fallout 3

This thread is for reporting problems when using the "Clear and Present Danger guide for Fallout 3". This includes errors in the guide, problems in following the guide, problems with the mods included in the guide, and problems running Fallout 3 when following this guide.

Please post any problems such as these in this forum. It's also best to post them here vs. sending me a PM. Often I won't have an answer but the other readers of this forum might have a good answer.

Hey guys. Shout out to Dragon Lord. Thanks for creating/working on this guide for everyone to enjoy.

I just finished installing the ENB client, and I loaded up my test character to make sure that the client was loading succesfully and all that...and it just doesn't look right. It's a far departure from how it looked after I did the basic ini tweaks. I checked and double-checked all the ini tweaks (both fallout and enblocal), restored the vanilla file then remodified it, reinstalled the enb all over again, and everything still has this really weird hazy tint to it. It's not very good-looking, and I'm just trying to figure out what it is that I missed.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT

Sorry, forgot screenshots.

post-5590-0-88467900-1422531116_thumb.jpgpost-5590-0-97553000-1422531124_thumb.jpgpost-5590-0-63104500-1422531156_thumb.jpg

Edited by whitewolf87

It'll change as the graphical mods get added. The ENB binaries themselves have a simple graphical preset in them.

You might also check I think it's ENBSeries.ini and see if Use Effect is set to true or not.

Been a while since I've messed with ENBoost without an ENB installed.

• +1 1

Yeah UseEffect=true.

Cool, in that case, I'll just keep modding and then reasses the "problem" once I start adding graphical mods. Thanks

Oh, one more question right quick...

I'm supposed to be using the Fallout 3 icon to actually launch the game now as it's been rerated to use 4GB and *not* FOSE to launch, yeah? Just trying to make sure I got that right.

EDIT

Nevermind, when I test-launched to check the latest installed section of mods, that question was pretty much answered for me.

Edited by whitewolf87

I made some small changes to the guide so the edit to enbseries.ini is more apparent. If ENB is used only for memory management (ENBoost) UseEffect needs to be false; otherwise you get the ENB graphic effects. If you are interested in the ENB graphics effects several users of this forum have recommended presets.

One of them (Interior Lighting Merged) is marked "Core", but do you think I'd be ok to skip all the weather/lighting mods entirely if I were to decide to use just that ENB that I found I liked, or do you think that would somehow lend to some kind of system instability?

Edited by whitewolf87

OK, just finished the Clear and Present Danger guide. Did everything according to the instructions as best as I possibly could, then proceeded to create a Bashed patch.

As soon as the Bashed Patch is created and activated in MO, I get a problem notification in MO for Missing Masters. The following .esp is said to be absent and needing installation/activation. I have no idea where it is, how to install it, and the game isn't going to lauch without it.

• 20th Century v5 ALIVE (TEST Container).esp

If I deactivate the Bashed Patch, then the warning goes away, but obviously I kind of need the Bashed Patch.

What can I do/what have I done wrong?

The only mod I know with a plugin that uses this as a master is ''20th Century Weapons -Plus- Reborn FWE-WMK-Calibr'', which has a ''20th Century Weapons -Plus- Reborn v1_70RC-18668-ALIVE (TEST Container).esp'' plugin. The instructions for this mod say to move 4 of the plugins in this mod to Optional ESPs so they aren't used, and this is one of the plugins that should have been moved. If it was active it should have had a warning symbol next to it in the right pane of MO indicating that there is a missing master.